Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legend vs arnott aladins  (Read 4567 times)

CVOjunkie

• cvojunkie
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Legend vs arnott aladins
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:57:51 PM »

Just wondering if anybody has had both set of shocks and what are the pros and cons of each? These would be going on a 14 limited the only reason i want the air adjustable is because i ride solo most of the time but still take the bsr and a trailer and i only stand 5'9" and want a little lower for when i ride solo and don't want to mess with adjustable with wrenches and such where i need to remove saddle bags to adjust height?

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Legend vs arnott aladins
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:55:06 PM »

I have Arnotts on three of my bikes, a Vrod, and 2 CVO SESG's.  For me it was price and I am like you I need to lower all of the way to be flat footed on the CVO, my wife likes them for the ride on her bike.

David

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »

Just wondering if anybody has had both set of shocks and what are the pros and cons of each? These would be going on a 14 limited the only reason i want the air adjustable is because i ride solo most of the time but still take the bsr and a trailer and i only stand 5'9" and want a little lower for when i ride solo and don't want to mess with adjustable with wrenches and such where i need to remove saddle bags to adjust height?
I don't know any difference between the two for ride quality but I can tell you the Arnott pump goes up and down quicker than my Legends do. I have seen people use the Arnott compressor on the Legends. Having said that I don't know about the more expensive of the two kinds of Arnott's.

CVOjunkie

• cvojunkie
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »

The price is not the biggest deal I just want the best . That will last a long time . Did the people with legend shocks were they using the new arnott gast compressor or the old style ?

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 11:01:45 PM »

I first had Legends then Aldans on my '06 Ultra. I had to send the Legends back once due to leakage in the shocks, but Legends replaced them under warranty. Unfortunately, I still had to pay for the labor for the replacement. The Legends have a nice oil-filled gauge that can be installed in your fairing, but I wish the gauge had backlighting. The Aldans seemed to provide a slightly better ride, and I agree with the previous poster that the compressor was faster than the Legends. I believe the Arnott Aldans have more adjustability. Overall, very similar in function and performance, but I'd give the edge to the Aldans for cost.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 11:34:33 AM by Gnarl78 »
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 02:29:44 PM »

How much do you weigh?

I had the Arnotts for a while. For me it was ride quality not the lowering I was looking for.
2 up or the bike loaded for a trip they were OK. Solo they were too harsh and I removed them.

My guess, and several on the board here agree, it seems you need to weigh in the 225+ range to enjoy the ride comfort with the Arnotts.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »

The price is not the biggest deal I just want the best . That will last a long time . Did the people with legend shocks were they using the new arnott gast compressor or the old style ?
It was about 4 years ago at Street Vibes I walked up on a vendor demonstrating his rear shocks I noticed how fast they went up and down as I peeked at the shocks I asked "hey you have Legends and I do to but mine dont go up and down that fast" Then he said I have Arnott's compressor.

CVOjunkie

• cvojunkie
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 07:58:36 AM »

I am at 220 but the problem is reaching the ground when the wife is on my 12 inch shocks were fine but with her off I was straight leg and if there was a problem I felt I would be in trouble with no extra reach .

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 09:36:24 AM »

I am at 220 but the problem is reaching the ground when the wife is on my 12 inch shocks were fine but with her off I was straight leg and if there was a problem I felt I would be in trouble with no extra reach .

I should have added, I am 165.

So you will probably be good to go at 220
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 10:19:26 AM »

I've used the Legend Air Suspension on my SEUC since 2007 and am more than pleased with the system.  I'm very pleased with it's function and reliability, and with the customer service provided by Legend...  I ride at full suspension height, and drop the height when in town traffic or parking lots.  The Legend rear suspension and Traxxion front suspension are the two best enhancements I've made to my SEUC...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »

I have Legends and Traxxion in the front also and very happy I don't even remember how bad the stock front was and don't want to.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.