Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: I want spots all the time  (Read 17561 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: I want spots all the time
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2007, 01:51:31 PM »

Regarding my posted reply above; in the words of Gilda Radner’s character, (Emily?) on Saturday Night Live; “Never mind”.

djkak

Emily Litella  :)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »

Hey Hard 10,

You are close, but that is not the right wire harness. It is the harness on the left side. Just thought I would post this so no one ventures into this cut too soon.

Rhino
So whats the verdict here? Seems this simple wire swap has gone aray? Whats the correct thing to do for an 07 ultra?

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2007, 06:08:43 PM »

So whats the verdict here? Seems this simple wire swap has gone aray? Whats the correct thing to do for an 07 ultra?

It does seem that my first reply didn’t really add any value; classic assumption issues. Please allow me to try again.

HD-dude’s suggestion gets my vote for a couple of reasons; simple and effective.

The Orange/Red wire on terminal 4 of the accessory switch is the main fused P&A accessory circuit and is switched only by the ignition switch. Dude’s method gets the spotlamps off the headlamp circuit. This can be useful in case of an issue with the headlamp circuit /fuse.

It is my sense that this mod can be executed quickly and cleanly without removing the outer fairing. Removing the panel that houses the fairing switches should expose all of the wiring necessary to complete the mod.

BTW, this won’t help you much at all with your spotlamps, but my favorite Emily Litella  (Gilda Radner) Weekend Update bit was the “Endangered Feces” skit.

djkak
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:15:47 PM by djkak »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2007, 06:10:55 PM »

And now, our daughter Francine, will play the recorder! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2007, 06:27:21 PM »

BTW, this won’t help you much at all with your spotlamps, but my favorite Emily Litella  (Gilda Radner) Weekend Update bit was the “Endangered Feces” skit.

djkak

And now, our daughter Francine, will play the recorder! ;) Hoist! 8)

Don’t tell me Francine also has endangered feces; now that is a remarkable coincidence! Damn, here we are off topic again. Hoist, if you have a hand held spotlamp at home maybe you could shed some light on Francine’s….oh forget it. If we are quiet about this, maybe no one will notice. :)

djkak

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2007, 06:35:36 PM »

Don’t tell me Francine also has endangered feces; now that is a remarkable coincidence! Damn, here we are off topic again. Hoist, if you have a hand held spotlamp at home maybe you could shed some light on Francine’s….oh forget it. If we are quiet about this, maybe no one will notice. :)

djkak

Hey dj, how's it going? I thought you'd know it. She's another Gilda SNL character. I don't think one thread stays on topic anyway. Actually, I don't want spots all the time anyway. Geez, I better get out of this thread. It's just that I was promoted today and was feeling Evil! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »

Hey dj, how's it going? I thought you'd know it. She's another Gilda SNL character....Geez, I better get out of this thread. It's just that I was promoted today and was feeling Evil! ;) Hoist! 8)

You can be pretty darn sure that any brain cells of mine that may have stored even a faint memory of Francine, have long since been recycled for something much less useful. :)

Congratulations on the promotion! Everyone can use one of those every now and again to keep their spirits up. The extra moolah won’t get in the way much either, I’m sure.

djkak

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2007, 09:30:59 PM »

You can be pretty darn sure that any brain cells of mine that may have stored even a faint memory of Francine, have long since been recycled for something much less useful. :)

Congratulations on the promotion! Everyone can use one of those every now and again to keep their spirits up. The extra moolah won’t get in the way much either, I’m sure.

djkak

Not a work or $ promotion. Oops, better drop it. ;) Hoist!

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2007, 10:50:14 PM »

Not a work or $ promotion. Oops, better drop it. ;) Hoist!

In the back of my mind I knew that something as far out of balance as a wiring thread off topic on feces couldn’t exist in a harmony with the rest of the universe; entirely my fault.

djkak

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2007, 10:52:09 PM »

a wiring thread off topic on feces

djkak

Wait, a moderator will move this thread to cat barf before long.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2007, 08:57:34 AM »

Does seem strange to go from several different ideas to cut wires to playing the recorder to warranty promotions.  ;)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2007, 10:33:57 AM »

Wait, a moderator will move this thread to cat barf before long.

I’m not sure that this thing won’t morph back into something more appropriate like 32E three brush armature growling; although when you consider all of the action in Cat Vomit, armature growling might get more exposure there.

Looking back, Cat Vomit really marked the beginning of the cabin fever season for Motorcycle enthusiasts. I wonder what will happen to it once the sun comes out.

djkak

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2008, 08:28:16 AM »

Being that it has been almost 18 months and I have not done this mod yet. I am going to try and tackle it this morning. Has anyone else done this lately? If so my question still is: which side of the yellow is cut? And which side is the power from the fender tip applied too? If I am reading this correct, cut on inner fairing side of connector and splice that to the blue wire?

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2008, 10:50:06 AM »

Ok, aborted once again. Fairing back on I'm going ridin'.

CTcvorider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2010 R1200RT
    • CVO3: 1985 Ducati MHR Mille
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2008, 01:42:33 AM »

It does seem that my first reply didn’t really add any value; classic assumption issues. Please allow me to try again.

HD-dude’s suggestion gets my vote for a couple of reasons; simple and effective.

The Orange/Red wire on terminal 4 of the accessory switch is the main fused P&A accessory circuit and is switched only by the ignition switch. Dude’s method gets the spotlamps off the headlamp circuit. This can be useful in case of an issue with the headlamp circuit /fuse.

It is my sense that this mod can be executed quickly and cleanly without removing the outer fairing. Removing the panel that houses the fairing switches should expose all of the wiring necessary to complete the mod.

djkak

After looking at the wiring diagram, I assumed that this would be most easily achieved by just removing the cover for the fairing switches, but then when I looked at things, I realized that the ignition switch would have to come off.  With no service manual at hand, I couldn't figure out how that's done.  How does the ignition switch come off (assuming that 'with a big hammer' is not an acceptable answer)?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 01:49:47 AM by CTcvorider »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 25 queries.