Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Jensen HD1BT Review....  (Read 13385 times)

Curtis.Eshelman

Jensen HD1BT Review....
« on: May 13, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »

Fellas, I was a little skeptical to deep dive into this prior to getting/hearing the reviews, but I have to tell you that the radio works as advertised!! I installed into my Girl Friends 2013 Street Glide, and everything works....The Bluetooth integration with my Iphone was quick (keep the manual with you) I called XM and added the subscription and was off to the races. I liked when I toggled between XM and streaming Audio, that it actual picks up the song where you left off. All the handel bar controls worked, very happy with the purchase. Heading to Myrtel Beach tomorrow, will update if I have any issues.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Jensen HD1BT Review....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 06:36:22 PM »

Fellas, I was a little skeptical to deep dive into this prior to getting/hearing the reviews, but I have to tell you that the radio works as advertised!! I installed into my Girl Friends 2013 Street Glide, and everything works....The Bluetooth integration with my Iphone was quick (keep the manual with you) I called XM and added the subscription and was off to the races. I liked when I toggled between XM and streaming Audio, that it actual picks up the song where you left off. All the handel bar controls worked, very happy with the purchase. Heading to Myrtel Beach tomorrow, will update if I have any issues.

Is this plug and play on a CVO bike?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Curtis.Eshelman

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »

That's a good question. This was done on a standard 2013 street glide....

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »

I saw a you tube segment on this radio.  Dennis Kirk is selling it.  Really looks impressive.  This offers so much more than the stock HK. I think they have a winner here.  . Looks like it should plug right in. 

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »

I saw a you tube segment on this radio.  Dennis Kirk is selling it.  Really looks impressive.  This offers so much more than the stock HK. I think they have a winner here.  . Looks like it should plug right in.

I was going to have iron cross do the blutooth mod but I would rather just replace the stock unit if it's plug and play

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 09:09:07 PM »

Now that I saw this I would do the same.  The iron cross is good but you can't control anything on the phone while it's on blue tooth from the handlebar controls.   This looks like a great way to go.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:11:34 PM by cvostu »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 09:39:09 PM »

Now that I saw this I would do the same.  The iron cross is good but you can't control anything on the phone while it's on blue tooth from the handlebar controls.   This looks like a great way to go.

Stu i'd like to see a bit more before I jump the gun sounds good though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 09:46:49 PM »

Was totally unaware of this radio until seeing this thread.  Glad to see someone finally offering a bolt-in product.

Watched the Youtube video and saw something that will keep some from using it though.  It's only got the main harness connector.  Doesn't have the amplifier/overlay connector.  So anyone with the HK amp or with any auxiliary modules like CB, XM, iPod or others won't have a way to use those accessories.  Which mean just about anyone with a CVO bike won't have this radio as an option.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 09:47:59 PM »

We gotta find somebody here that will try in a sg3.   This hs so much to offer,, be silly to repair a stock radio that quits working.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 09:55:07 PM »

Was totally unaware of this radio until seeing this thread.  Glad to see someone finally offering a bolt-in product.

Watched the Youtube video and saw something that will keep some from using it though.  It's only got the main harness connector.  Doesn't have the amplifier/overlay connector.  So anyone with the HK amp or with any auxiliary modules like CB, XM, iPod or others won't have a way to use those accessories.  Which mean just about anyone with a CVO bike won't have this radio as an option.

That's what I was afraid of.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 10:54:12 PM »

I looked into this unit around a month ago but on my "guys" advice went with the Kenwood KDC-X997 with the handlebar control adapter and all the controls work perfect. The difference in sound is huge not to mention the XM works much better than running it thru the Zumo 665 that you have to separately turn on every time you shut down the bike. They told me the quality of the sound was much better on the Kenwood over the Jensen and cost was very close after the adapter. As I posted at the time, I was very surprised at the difference in the quality of sound after installing. I knew it would be better but didn't expect that much of a difference.
Alan

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 11:56:26 PM »

That's what Jesse and I were afraid of. Great on standard bikes but no go on cvo's.  Oh well.  Can't win em all ,, I've been told.   :nixweiss:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 12:48:41 AM »

I looked into this unit around a month ago but on my "guys" advice went with the Kenwood KDC-X997 with the handlebar control adapter and all the controls work perfect. The difference in sound is huge not to mention the XM works much better than running it thru the Zumo 665 that you have to separately turn on every time you shut down the bike. They told me the quality of the sound was much better on the Kenwood over the Jensen and cost was very close after the adapter. As I posted at the time, I was very surprised at the difference in the quality of sound after installing. I knew it would be better but didn't expect that much of a difference.

Is this the unit soundz recommends?

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 12:52:35 AM »

Not sure, I use Street Noyz in San Diego. They were pretty adament about it but Im sure there are other opinions that are just as good. They have done all the work on my bike and have always done a great and very clean job.
Alan

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 01:00:46 AM »

Not sure, I use Street Noyz in San Diego. They were pretty adament about it but Im sure there are other opinions that are just as good. They have done all the work on my bike and have always done a great and very clean job.

Looked it up Crutchfield doesn't carry any more must be a new version.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.