Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 07 SEUC  Oil Cooler adapter/02 sensor interfe  (Read 1252 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
07 SEUC  Oil Cooler adapter/02 sensor interfe
« on: December 17, 2006, 07:59:24 PM »

When installing Rinehart True Duals with the Thunder Max 02 sensors on my 07 SEUC, the 02 sensor for the front cylinder has interference with the oil cooler adapter plate that mounts in front of the oil filter.  Does anyone know how the adapter plate mounts?  I removed the filter, but discovered I do not have the proper size wrench to take the adapter plate off.  It appears to be secured by a single hollow center bolt (for which I do not have the proper size hex wrench for.)  Is the hex wrench metric or english?  I believe it requires a 7/16" or so (or it's metric cousin) hex wrench.  Does anyone know what size?  Will the adapter rotate when loosened?  If so, this is a simple fix.  If not, I will have to remove the adapter plate and decide if there is enough meat there to mill a flat for some clearance.  I don't need much - maybe .100 or less.  If neither of these are an option, then it gets tougher.  I hate to relocate the 02 sensor in the pipe, but that is probably the third option...  OH so close....but no cigar...

Scott
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 10:57:35 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

Re: 07 SEUC  Oil Cooler adapter/02 sensor interfe
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 05:42:13 PM »

When installing Rinehart True Duals with the Thunder Max 02 sensors on my 07 SEUC, the 02 sensor for the front cylinder has interference with the oil cooler adapter plate that mounts in front of the oil filter.  Does anyone know how the adapter plate mounts?  I removed the filter, but discovered I do not have the proper size wrench to take the adapter plate off.  It appears to be secured by a single hollow center bolt (for which I do not have the proper size hex wrench for.)  Is the hex wrench metric or english?  I believe it requires a 7/16" or so (or it's metric cousin) hex wrench.  Does anyone know what size?  Will the adapter rotate when loosened?  If so, this is a simple fix.  If not, I will have to remove the adapter plate and decide if there is enough meat there to mill a flat for some clearance.  I don't need much - maybe .100 or less.  If neither of these are an option, then it gets tougher.  I hate to relocate the 02 sensor in the pipe, but that is probably the third option...  OH so close....but no cigar...

Scott

OK - everyone can stop their investigation of how to help me figure this one out - I have it under control (tongue in cheek, of course)

The oil cooler adapter is retained by an internal hex - 7/16 in size.  When loosening the adapter, it is able to rotate slightly.  It has internal cast stops that limit the amout of rotation.  When fully rotated against the internal stop, it did not give me sufficient clearance for the 02 sensor.  I had to remove the adapter and mill additional clearance.  Stock sensors would have fit.  The thunder max sensor is slightly longer - just enough to cause the interference.

I attached a couple of pictures of the installed sensor and milled adapter...

Scott
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 05:59:07 PM by sadunbar »
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

Re: 07 SEUC  Oil Cooler adapter/02 sensor interfe
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 05:42:53 PM »

another pic
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 24 queries.