Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stations Inn Motorcycle Resort Closed  (Read 4672 times)

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
Stations Inn Motorcycle Resort Closed
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:53:14 AM »

As reported in N.C. FullThrottle Magazine March 2012 Issue: Many of us have visited Staton's Inn on Hwy 18 S ( Just north of the Blueridge Pwy). On Feb. 13 owner Mike Schweiter sent out a notice that Station's Inn would not open in 2012. Mike stated " I must walk away........... For the past seven seasons I have had the pleasure and often the honor to meet and get to know some of the greatest pepole that ride two wheels. To my family, friends, regulars, groups, clubs, weekend riders, Parkway travelers, the Station's Inn bands, all the people who stayed at, dined at or visited; thank you for your support..............Stations Inn, serving the greatest people on two wheels. Sadly is no more. Thank you its been one hell of a ride".
The Web SITE indicates he has been wanting to sell and retire for a couple of years.  :(
On a personal note I,ve noticed there seemed to be a pizzing contest between Stations Inn and Freebornes ( owned by his x wife)  right across the street for a couple of years.  :nixweiss:

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
Re: Stations Inn Motorcycle Resort Closed
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »

Hate to hear this, Just the other day a group of us were talking about going up there for a weekend. :(
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »

As far as I know Freebornes is still there.
Hate to hear this, Just the other day a group of us were talking about going up there for a weekend. :(
Great roads in this area, We would ride north up the Parkway and hit HWY 58 in Va. (the crooked road ). Had lots of fun in the West Jefferson/ North Wilkesboro area over the years.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:08:15 PM »

I feel sure she will stay open. With the crowds they had on weekends, lots of $$$ spent. Maybe she will pick up the "Free Roasted P-Nut" tradition.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:07:04 AM »

It is my opinion, she ran him out of business.  I was there a few times last Summer.  Ray Charles could have seen where the crowd was.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »

It is my opinion, she ran him out of business.  I was there a few times last Summer.  Ray Charles could have seen where the crowd was.  Later--HUBBARD

I AGREE

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 07:52:23 PM »

It was HIS fault. When they split, she moved across the road and had better food.......he started posting signs like "Station Inn Parking Only", "Leave a black mark on road...banned from property". What did he expect? :dunce: :hanged:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 07:44:18 AM »

It was HIS fault. When they split, she moved across the road and had better food.......he started posting signs like "Station Inn Parking Only", "Leave a black mark on road...banned from property". What did he expect? :dunce: :hanged:
Kinda like biting the hand that feeds ya  :-\

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.