Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Will a 88' motor fit into a 1995 Heritage Softtail with the EVO  (Read 6766 times)

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
Re: Will a 88' motor fit into a 1995 Heritage Softtail with the EVO
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »

I don't know, but why would you go from EVO to a POStc  :nixweiss:   Doc

My thoughts exactly !  :nixweiss:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »

My thoughts exactly !  :nixweiss:
Long live the EVO !!!!  :znotworthy: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 04:32:26 PM »

It fits but the adaptor plate looks like chit.

The plate is not that noticeable one the engine is installed.  You will need to get an early twin cam wiring harness to accommodate the crank sensor and others that are on the motor, not a big deal to install the harness.  The coil needs to be changed to fit the new harness connector.  Use an aftermarket ECU like Crane or Accell to be able to tailor the timing curves to you liking.  The biggest downfall of the early 88s was cam chain tensioner.  It is an early model motor go for a good gear drive cam set.  I learned the lessons on the cams the hard way.  If jugs and pistons are available cheap bump it to 95ci. The heads flow better than EVOs and you can get a lot of power out of a 95 twin cam.

James
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.