Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 07 FXSTSSE Check Engine Light and Fast Idle??  (Read 878 times)

Dughr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTFSE '05
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE '07
07 FXSTSSE Check Engine Light and Fast Idle??
« on: September 12, 2021, 03:24:04 PM »

Took my scooter out today and everything was great, working fine as always...I have had this bike 11 years now with zero issues.  However, when I was heading home, came up to a light and I am the only guy there, so I got on it.  I opened it all the way up and kept it going through about 4th gear before I had to let up (dang traffic).  Then when I get to the next light, the bike is idling at about 3K and my check engine light came on.  I managed to get home and fiddle with the linkage, but so far, I am not understanding what this could be since everything is free, not stuck or anything.

I shut it down and started it a few time, check engine light was intermittent, sometime on, sometimes off, the light might come on, no real pattern.  The idle went down at one point but then came back up on its own...this was all done in my garage once I got home.

I did a quick search, but found nothing that might cover this sort of problem.  Any of y'all know what might be going on here and where I should start?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 03:32:48 PM by Dughr »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 07 FXSTSSE Check Engine Light and Fast Idle??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 05:07:46 PM »

Check engine light is on but you don't say what code is being thrown.  That's the first/next/best/only thing to do next.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.