Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A first for us  (Read 4956 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: A first for us
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 10:47:50 PM »

Next time mom visits it'll be off to Graceland since she's the biggest Elvis fan I know. I would've taken her this trip but I want her to enjoy the gardens and all the rest of the tour.

We did Graceland this past October. If you are a fan, it is a must. A little pricey though.
The King is making more money now then he ever did when he was topside.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

ultrarider123

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 08:27:33 AM »

We did Graceland this past October. If you are a fan, it is a must. A little pricey though.
The King is making more money now then he ever did when he was topside.

You do realize, he ain't dead..... :huepfenlol2:  ;D :bananarock:

Graceland is a great visit.  Been there a few times now and still see interesting stuff I missed on a previous visit.  Funny how with all the records at number 1, the only Grammys he won were for his gospel songs/albums.  That ol' Mississippi boy shore could can sing.... :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 09:36:51 AM »

Stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel on a business convention a few years ago and had a private show at the Grand Ole Opry just down the street from the hotel. Had dinner in the courtyard. Sat up front and got to see first up Porter Wagner then he passed shortly after. Never thought I would have been there but it was a great experience. Of course the original Opry was downtown. They cut a bit circle out of the stage where the performers always stood and installed it in the new stage. I recorded the whole thing on video to have forever.

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 11:55:58 AM »

Sounds like a great evening Bruce and Paula. 

Looks like TN winter has finally arrived so we'll have to be more selective with ride days. First good ice storm and the state will spray brine on all the roads so we'll have to avoid them until rain washes it off.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 06:04:18 PM »

Sounds like a great evening Bruce and Paula. 

Looks like TN winter has finally arrived so we'll have to be more selective with ride days. First good ice storm and the state will spray brine on all the roads so we'll have to avoid them until rain washes it off.
Winter??? Don't tell the members up north they'll just scoff at us..

The CVO is in the shop for yet another ignition switch/power lock issue(third time) so it will be a while until I get it back. Still got the Fatboy and the Ducati, finally got around to fixing an electrical issue on the Duc, so I'm still hoping to get a ride in during the weekends.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.