Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends Report  (Read 2980 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Legends Report
« on: March 11, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »

Harley Queen and I went on a little 300 mile jaunt yesterday and this was the first ride (other than just around town) for her since I installed the Legends.  She loved them!  Said the ride was much, much better for her and even though the ride was firmer she wasn't jolted when riding over bumps in the road like she was with the stock shocks.

We like 'em.   :2vrolijk_20:

P.S., JR and PHAZE, you guys missed a great ride.  See you soon.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Legends Report
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 10:59:04 AM »

Harley Queen and I went on a little 300 mile jaunt yesterday and this was the first ride (other than just around town) for her since I installed the Legends.  She loved them!  Said the ride was much, much better for her and even though the ride was firmer she wasn't jolted when riding over bumps in the road like she was with the stock shocks.

We like 'em.   :2vrolijk_20:

P.S., JR and PHAZE, you guys missed a great ride.  See you soon.

Jerry...very glad to hear you and HQ are happy with the shocks...I was just thinking last night about PM'ing you to get your impressions.  I was getting a little concerned that perhaps I had recommended something to you that you were not happy with... :nervous:  When you load up for that Posse ride, you'll appreciate them even more, I believe.   :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 11:01:10 AM »

I can see another $1500 spent here! argh! shhh! don't tell JestorDecor
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 11:04:15 AM »

Just think if you pass it on to the other half that it's for their comfort, the checkbook is easier to get  :huepfenjump3:

jeffj

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 10:15:38 PM »

Just think if you pass it on to the other half that it's for their comfort, the checkbook is easier to get  :huepfenjump3:

jeffj
Absolutely jeffj.  I got the Legends in early December and decided to have a little fun with HQ.  I wrapped them and gave them to her for Christmas.  Yes, yes I did give her lot of other goodies but I couldn't resist having a little fun with this.  Of course when she opened the package she was like, "what is this?"  But yesterday she said that the Legends were really a great Christmas present.  Gotta earn those brownie points where you can!

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 10:53:49 AM »

For anyone interested: The right legend had a leak in the seal around air bladderr. While they were removed the shop put on as loaners Progressive 440s. They were 12.5 height set "pretty stiff" as he told me. Had on them on for a week and about 300 miles until legends got repaired and placed back on this am. Couple of observations. the progressives are a better match for the stock front shocks  ( have 20W fork oil ) as far as smoothness, "weave", and driveability. Not sure of the fluid and wave mechanics involved. but with legends seem to exaggerated faults of the front end. Makes me more anxious to get my Traxxion front end done though! John
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:39:24 AM »

For anyone interested: The right legend had a leak in the seal around air bladderr. While they were removed the shop put on as loaners Progressive 440s. They were 12.5 height set "pretty stiff" as he told me. Had on them on for a week and about 300 miles until legends got repaired and placed back on this am. Couple of observations. the progressives are a better match for the stock front shocks  ( have 20W fork oil ) as far as smoothness, "weave", and driveability. Not sure of the fluid and wave mechanics involved. but with legends seem to exaggerated faults of the front end. Makes me more anxious to get my Traxxion front end done though! John

The Legends are not know as performance shocks. The air adjustability and looks are their main features. While they are good shocks, and many need/like the air adjustability, don't mistake them for a superior suspension performance upgrade. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »

John...since I've never ridden the Progressive shocks, what you're saying is that the Legends feel better than the Progressives?  I would hope so for the money we paid for them, but I have nothing to compare to.  Good to hear your observations!  :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 05:32:26 PM »

John...since I've never ridden the Progressive shocks, what you're saying is that the Legends feel better than the Progressives?  I would hope so for the money we paid for them, but I have nothing to compare to.  Good to hear your observations!  :2vrolijk_21:
Terry,
Do not know if its a matter of better but different. I guess a far a feel of rear end alone, the legends are more like an lexus sc 430, the progressive have more Z51 corvette feel. Its a matter of taste. But I guess what surprised me was the legends tends to make the wallowing feel ( loose, soft, whatever you want to call it ) more noticeable than progressives. So if one were to keep the stock front end with fork oil change the progressive tend to cancel out some of the feel. When I get the Traxxion system next month (since I will ride to ATl on stock, and return on Traxxion, will compare the front end feel in combination with the legend rear system. It was pretty cool that the mechanic "loaned" me the progressives from his shop while legends got repaired, not often get that kind of comparison of products directly.) So i guess have said all that if one were looking to "economically" upgrade the rear the progressive would be a very good choice. I still like the legend for long hauls, 2 up, and full loads, but sure can't fault the progressive. As is often said just MHO. john
PS this may be one of those component matching things that Spiderman preaches about!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 05:34:36 PM by otophile »
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 10:31:32 PM »

The Legends are not know as performance shocks. The air adjustability and looks are their main features. While they are good shocks, and many need/like the air adjustability, don't mistake them for a superior suspension performance upgrade. Hoist! 8)
Hi Hoist. I'm thinking about the 440s on my SEEK. i need the smoothest ride possible. i have a little Sciatic  problem and i am trying not to aggravate it.  It's the roads with the constant bumps every 20 feet. i ride solo 99 % of the time and I weigh 185 with leathers. So I don't think I need heavy duty shocks just standard. Just not sure if air shocks are better or the 440's. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.