Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Going with solo look and have the ugly rear shock air lines in open?  (Read 4032 times)

usa90

• Full CVO Member
Re: Going with solo look and have the ugly rear shock air lines in open?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »

I'm not sure about this, but here at work we have the poly line assortments of various hose sizes and this is one size that's on our roll.

This is the part I'm not sure about, I think this is the same size the GM used on the El Caminos for their air shocks.  If so just about any parts store will have the stuff.  The connectors used by HD are just a finger push IN on the outboard orange ring and pull out on the hose and it will just pop right out.  With a couple feet of this stuff from a parts store you can route it wherever you like and retain the air shocks without buying new shocks without the hoses.  This hose shouldn't set you back more than a couple bucks.

Good luck.

:)  :)  :)

Good info, I'll talk with someone at a car parts store about that

usa90

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »

BTW  - IMHO, I don't think anyone pays notice to the air shock air-lines other than us owners. I agree, HD could have done some better engineering here but OK, it is what it is...beside, they are behind you and the wind....just ride it.

I know but you have to admit we are a fussy bunch

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 10:44:23 PM »

DUDE .... take a trip to the hardware store and find some better nylon washers !!!!!!!  8)
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 10:45:22 PM »

Go to any dealership - they sell the tubing.  Buy 4 or 5 feet of it I think it is a $1 a foot.  I know I could not believe it was that cheap either :-X ;D.

Then disconnect the existing lines, just push in on the red plastic washer on the fittings where the tubing enters the shocks and also on the air connections where the schraeder valve is located.  Just cut and replace those lines - you can run the air line under the seat to ther other side of the bike easily and just use black zip ties to hold the lines in place.

Mustang makes a fender bib for $30 that will cover your fender and hide the washers and connectors.  It matches the trim on the seat and looks really good.  I have a Mustang seat I bought this summer and bought the fender bib for riding solo - the only hassle is you have to remove the seat to remove the fender bib but it does clean up the bike nicely.

I don't have pics because I bought another Corbin and have it on the bike - the Mustang seat, backrest and fender bib are in a box on the shelf so if you want I will shoot some pics of it for you or just go to their website it is listed there.

I agree with Don the showa shocks have ALOT of room for improvement - I just rented a 09 Road King for my brother to ride on a 3 day trip he was in front of me coming over Mt Saint Helens and got the hell beat out of him.  I was behind him with my Bitubos and AK-20s and the ride was rough but not uncomfortable, he even commented about how bad the road was.  This is the first time I could really see the difference in the quality of the shock I knew the ride was better but this was a true comparison and the Bitubos handled Great!   
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.