Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: front dunlop tire cracking  (Read 6679 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: front dunlop tire cracking
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 02:51:17 PM »

well the dealer after fussing and showing him the Dunlop warranty charged me for half the tire, fair enough considering the tread, I also talked to Dunlop and complained he said the cracks in the sidewall are just cosmetic.
They told me they were cosmetic as well but then proceeded to ship a brand new tire, free of charge, to my local dealer where I had the tire installed for free. If this one cracks, guess what I will do? Yep, you guessed it. Take it right back in for another until they get it corrected.  :coolblue:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 04:57:37 PM »

I am running the Metzeler 888's, front and rear. Huge improvement.
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »

I am running the Metzeler 888's, front and rear. Huge improvement.
I hear ya but your metz's aren't covered under my warranty  8)

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »

I hear ya but your metz's aren't covered under my warranty  8)

Maybe but I feel safer knowing I have better tires on there. Warranty does me no good if I end up in a ditch
Enjoy the Journey

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »

Amen to that.

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 10:44:36 PM »

I stopped in at a local dealer to see about the latest front tire issue.  Service rep said the original part number is now listed as obsolete.  There's a new number out now and they don't have the tire in stock.  3-5 business days.  Hopefully along with a new part numbers that means there's also something improved with the tire. Time will tell.  This will be my fourth front tire and all have been replaced for the same issue since I purchased the bike new.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2013, 07:34:44 AM »

Maybe but I feel safer knowing I have better tires on there. Warranty does me no good if I end up in a ditch
It's gonna be pretty hard to have a tire fail when I get a new one every month, literally. The issue will be resolved eventually and I will go back to having to actually purchase tires again like most people. We all have different feelings about different topics. Enjoy your new tires.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:36:46 AM by Jswerve »

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »

It's gonna be pretty hard to have a tire fail when I get a new one every month, literally. The issue will be resolved eventually and I will go back to having to actually purchase tires again like most people. We all have different feelings about different topics. Enjoy your new tires.  :2vrolijk_21:

Agreed. No hassle at all

Took a long ride this morning with the wife. After our 1st stop she commented on how much more enjoyable the ride was for her. The wind buffeting was not pushing us all over the highway anymore and she felt like the bike was hugging the road. This was the most enjoyable highway ride I have had in a long time  :bananarock: If I don't get as many miles out of the Metzeler 888's as I do out of the Duncraps, I don't care. I would always trade more safety and a better ride vs a few extra miles. I have always felt that tires made for long tread life are too hard  to make for an enjoyable smooth ride.

I also put on a new 11" Freedom shield air curve today. So much better than the stock wind shield  :2vrolijk_21:

Enjoy the Journey

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2013, 02:44:33 PM »

Agreed. No hassle at all
Nope, sure isn't. Driving my beautiful bike to a dealer taking back roads 50 miles away and surfing the clearance rack for good deals is hardly a hassle. I have a very good relationship with many members at the dealer and rather enjoy their company. My wife and I do this frequently whether we are having a tire replaced or out for a ride.  8)

We don't get any buffeting and my wife very much enjoys the ride, perhaps even more then I do.

Again, enjoy your new tires and let's put this baby to rest already. If you are fortunate enough to never have a problem, congrats. My last bike never had a single issue, it happens once in awhile. I don't recall go around bashing the other guys that did have problems though.  :nixweiss:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »

I stopped in at a local dealer to see about the latest front tire issue.  Service rep said the original part number is now listed as obsolete.  There's a new number out now and they don't have the tire in stock.  3-5 business days.  Hopefully along with a new part numbers that means there's also something improved with the tire. Time will tell.  This will be my fourth front tire and all have been replaced for the same issue since I purchased the bike new.

My newest tire was personally shipped by Dave at Dunlop. I will keep a good eye on it, as always, and report back with any new findings. Going to get the latest manufacturer date as well to share. Maybe I can help someone in the future!  ;D

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.