Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: 110 cu SERK4 motor upgrade options  (Read 32798 times)

AMP

Re: 110 cu SERK4 motor upgrade options
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »

To clarify: HD no longer offers the service that would "unlock" your old SERT to enable it to work with another VIN. They will, however, re-assign the ECM.

High AMP

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2008, 08:22:46 PM »

BlackDiamond,

Checked with some people today and found that you should probably wait on the Super Tuner.   Apparently the throttlebody is closing after they hit 100 percent throttle and if you force it to stay open the ECM shuts down the bike.   I was also told they built delays into the throttlebody servos so when you wack the throttle there is a delay until past 30 percent throttle.    I was told the new V-Tuner which is made by the same guy that made the SERT is looking into this and hopefully by the end of the month or middle of next month should have a release that will work as needed.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »

Thanks for the info Harry

The MoCo has me waiting anyway as they have been unable to get one to me :D
I have emailed Steve Cole on staying with the SERT but he's uncertain at this point what he'll be able to do.

She's running stong as is so I'm in no hurry until the seasons over.  :2vrolijk_21:

JW

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2008, 08:33:48 PM »

BlackDiamond I was talking to someone that is working very closely with Steve and he said that Steve is having to go back in and relook at the logic to make it work with his new V-Tuner.   I was told the logic / coding needed was not in the SERT.   Glad it is running ok for now, but I think when they get this ironed out for you that you will be really pleased with it in the end.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2008, 08:37:50 PM »

That's what I'm hoping for. However it's good to start with a scoot you already love.

JW

AMP

« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »

Jeff, I spoke to Ben and he is on it. (Good guy)
All is well within the world.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:31:53 PM by AMP »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2008, 08:57:28 PM »

Well I hope I have good new to share with 08 riders. I am a layman to this stuff so please bear with me. It seems our new electronic throttle system is still having some growing pains. The MoCo has sent out a tech bulletin which I am about to butch as I try to explain it.

The ECM in the 08's is causing some to have a high idle. Additionally if you rev your bike and turn it off as the rpm's are coming down, the ECM will set the idle higher. In looking at this problem the tech guys may have discovered several other areas that are problems like not letting the throttle body go wide open until certain rpm is meet or stay wide open at higher rpm. They have a fix which I will be trying on Friday (18th)

I know many others could explain this in detail and understand what it all means. For me it means another avenue to explore with my current SERT before going to the Super Tuner. Maybe Springer or a number of others will see this tech bulletin and be able to pass along the pertinent details much better than I.

Thanks AMP for all you have done. Also like to thank Roger and Ben at Gutterridge HD for immediately following up on the information as soon as they became aware of it.

I'll let you guys (and gals) know the results.

JW

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »

BlackDiamond,

Checked with some people today and found that you should probably wait on the Super Tuner.   Apparently the throttlebody is closing after they hit 100 percent throttle and if you force it to stay open the ECM shuts down the bike. 

yessir, i have witnessed this on an 08 ultra.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »

Well I hope I have good new to share with 08 riders. I am a layman to this stuff so please bear with me. It seems our new electronic throttle system is still having some growing pains. The MoCo has sent out a tech bulletin which I am about to butch as I try to explain it.

The ECM in the 08's is causing some to have a high idle. Additionally if you rev your bike and turn it off as the rpm's are coming down, the ECM will set the idle higher. In looking at this problem the tech guys may have discovered several other areas that are problems like not letting the throttle body go wide open until certain rpm is meet or stay wide open at higher rpm. They have a fix which I will be trying on Friday (18th)

I know many others could explain this in detail and understand what it all means. For me it means another avenue to explore with my current SERT before going to the Super Tuner. Maybe Springer or a number of others will see this tech bulletin and be able to pass along the pertinent details much better than I.

Thanks AMP for all you have done. Also like to thank Roger and Ben at Gutterridge HD for immediately following up on the information as soon as they became aware of it.

I'll let you guys (and gals) know the results.

JW

after hearing the fast idle rumor, i held the throttle open on an 08 ultra and killed the engine----10 times in a row. it always returnrd to correct idle after restart. :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2008, 09:03:46 PM »

Thanks for the info Dennis. I have never experienced this problem with my bike either. Just passing on some info hoping to get a good answer to my dilemma

JW

AMP

« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2008, 08:29:15 AM »

I spoke to Steve Cole yesterday. He told me some interesting changes they have made as well. I am looking forward to seeing a new/old product. We had a nice LONG discussion about current issues and possible fixes therefore. He's a clever guy...

I hope everything works out for you Jeff. Keep us posted.

High AMP

gunrunner

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 flstfse
    • CVO2: 08 flhrse4
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2008, 04:40:58 PM »

My serk4 will sometimes idle at 2000 with hands off throttle, I have forced throttle back and as long as I hold it back it will idle at 1000, also I noticed the cruise light will be lit orange while this is happening. Any ideas?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »

My serk4 will sometimes idle at 2000 with hands off throttle, I have forced throttle back and as long as I hold it back it will idle at 1000, also I noticed the cruise light will be lit orange while this is happening. Any ideas?

My cruise light is orange when the cruise switch is set to "on" and cruise not set, and turns green when you have the cruise set. It goes out completely when I turn the switch off. Does your light stay on with the switch set to "off"? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

gunrunner

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 flstfse
    • CVO2: 08 flhrse4
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »

When its in that fast idle mode its stays on even with switch turned off.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »

after hearing the fast idle rumor, i held the throttle open on an 08 ultra and killed the engine----10 times in a row. it always returnrd to correct idle after restart. :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Was that a dealers bike you tried dat on?? ha ha
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.