Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ULTIMATE SHOP  (Read 3292 times)

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
ULTIMATE SHOP
« on: August 26, 2004, 04:36:12 PM »

I have used my garage for the bikes over the years and hope to spend my living years adding bikes, restoring old rides and such. I dream of doing it sooner than later to get me out of the house!  [smiley=drink.gif] Would like to hear any design thoughts, see photos and hear feedback on shop ideas anyone has. You know like puting the bike lift in a recessed area of the floor so when it is not being used is is flush with the floor, things like that. Over time I want to get all the ideas together and get, the "Ultimate Shop" sitting in my yard.  I think we have all seen the Bob Villa show do the woodworking dream shop and the Auto guys do the Ultimate automotive shop but I would like to hear and see plans, links and ideas anyone has run across.

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
Re: ULTIMATE SHOP
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 09:35:10 PM »

I don't know if this is much help but a number of years ago(3-5) I used to get a mag called Hotrod Bikes and then it changed its name to Hot Bikes.  For a while, about 1.5 years they did an article called something like Jim's Garage.  In the series the mag built anything from a Bike Lift to Peg boards and all knids of other cool things for the ultimate garage.  I may have some of them still around but if I do they are currently buried deep in storage somewhere.    [smiley=oops.gif]

[bgcolor=Red]Question for the whole board: Does anyone else remeber these and can possibly put thier hands on them?[/bgcolor]

If not rugbyprop and you are still interested after the holiday weekend I can see if I can dig around and possibly come up with them [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 10:30:54 AM »

I don't know if this is much help but a number of years ago(3-5) I used to get a mag called Hotrod Bikes and then it changed its name to Hot Bikes.
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 10:03:14 AM »

A little late to be replying, I know, but ran across this while doing some on-line Christmas shopping and thought of this thread: http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=1296&cid=92

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 11:32:33 AM »

Good tip with that thread 103....went from that site to Amazon and search for the same book.   Ordered one "used" for $8.74!!!!  Sure beats the $34.95  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Sir_Nuke

• I ride it like I stole it!!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 01:50:17 PM »

The best advise I can give you is once you THINK you have figured out the square footage of the shop you want to build....multiply it by at least 1.5...if not 2....then you will be good to go...and be able to GROW into the shop.

I have a freind who purchased a place a number of years ago that has a HUGE shop....the home he purchased is a small two bedroom home....the shop is the same square footage as the house. it has three roll up doors across the front and then an area on one end that would be like a big office. when he first moved in the shop was soooooooo big....and almost empty.....not anymore. now its "just right"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 01:53:22 PM by Sir_Nuke »
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 04:01:11 PM »

Nuke...I'm with you on the "double" the space you think you need. I used that rule when I built my shop 3 years ago......now it's too small.  Too many toys...too little time!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 05:55:32 PM »

Glad to help you out, BLM!  I figured there was probably a place to find it cheaper and looks like you came up with it.  You and Sir Nuke are right, you can have too big a kitchen, too big a bathroom and too big a bedroom, but not too big a garage!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 01:05:27 PM »

Interesting that this thread comes back to the top.  Reading the Dec issue of American Rider on Pg. 66 is a review of a book called "How to set up your MotorCycle Workshop"  Author is C.G. Masi, 176 Pgs $19.95 Whitehorse Press [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 03:31:30 PM »

Great to see the topic get some activity. I know when the winter months come around and the snow starts to fly, most of us in the North get poking around in the garage dreaming of what we want the shop to be. Keep the great info coming!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 09:03:05 AM »

Go to the market place in the buying thread look at the tool drawer fridge  no shop should be without one.  And yes when you think you know how big you want the shop double it and you might end up with a big enough shop.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.