Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tequila sunrise paint  (Read 6709 times)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
tequila sunrise paint
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:27:37 AM »

all you TS owners, be aware of a situation. while matching the TS paint PPG informed me that one of the additives in the paint has been Discontinued. this is not good if you want any paint mods. House of Color my have put some away but no one knew it was happening so????. I was able to secure enough for a mod job I'm working on and maybe a few more bikes but after that, Nada. the additive is incorporated into the Flake. HD has been playing with the size of the Flake for some time
here's the other kicker. Yes. PPG makes HD paint but there is no gaurantee that they make CVO paint. that paint shop works independently of HD and they can use any set up they want. some colors are even a Sherwin williams formula.
Not sure yet is the other colors are effected, I need to get a side cover from each color to check.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
Re: tequila sunrise paint
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 08:19:51 AM »

Thanks.  How could we get our hand on some of the paint for a "rainy day".  I'm sure all of us at one time or another will need a touchup for fairing and bag dings.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »

I have a side cover on its way to Gunslinger Custom paint in Colorado so they can match paint for my inner fairing. We will see how that comes out.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »

Thanks.  How could we get our hand on some of the paint for a "rainy day".  I'm sure all of us at one time or another will need a touchup for fairing and bag dings.
that will be very hard to do. you first have to go through the hassle of matching it first then mix, then shoot to insure of match. the paint aint cheap, like 150 for a QT.
im now trying to figure if the concord, and rum colors are effected too
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »

I have a side cover on its way to Gunslinger Custom paint in Colorado so they can match paint for my inner fairing. We will see how that comes out.

Good luck with the match.  Can you post pics once you're done so we can see how it turns out.  Have you had work done by Gunslinger before?
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »

Good luck with the match.  Can you post pics once you're done so we can see how it turns out.  Have you had work done by Gunslinger before?

No, but they come highly recommended. I think they did the paint for the CVO Dynas and some Softails.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »

Another great painter is: 

http://www.airea5150.com/

You see them in all the magazines, big bike shows and many of the bigger rallys.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 12:03:40 PM »

hey can you pm me... I am going to do the same thing... wonder if they are sent together get a group discount on some painting it would be less waste for them I wanat to do the lowers  too...

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.