Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDSE2 Engine Problems Anyone ????  (Read 5919 times)

Yendor1954

• 2008 Dyna CVO

• CVO1: 2008 Dyna Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1974 Kawasaki Z1 900
FXDSE2 Engine Problems Anyone ????
« on: July 29, 2008, 09:16:47 PM »

Hi from Aus

I have read in other threads that there are problems with the 110 engine on cruisers models. My 2008 FXDSE2 seems to be developing lifter noise with only 2400 KM . Has anyone experienced 110 engine problems with the 2008 FXDSE2 Dyna ??????

Rod

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: FXDSE2 Engine Problems Anyone ????
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »

Hi from Aus

I have read in other threads that there are problems with the 110 engine on cruisers models. My 2008 FXDSE2 seems to be developing lifter noise with only 2400 KM . Has anyone experienced 110 engine problems with the 2008 FXDSE2 Dyna ??????

Rod

Since a Dyna guy hasn't answered you, I can tell you that the problems are not isolated to touring models only. ALL 110's are potentially a problem, all are getting a "product improvement" (which I'm insulted that they use that term instead of admitting they need to be made right because they didn't send em out right in the first place), and they extend to all '07/'08 CVO models. And lifter noise has been one of the complaints. Could also have hitting valve retainers in the rocker boxes, faulty ACR's, and leaky head and base gaskets. Keep an eye on EVERYTHING on that motor! :nixweiss:

Not what you probably wanted to hear, but it is what it is! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Yendor1954

• 2008 Dyna CVO

• CVO1: 2008 Dyna Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1974 Kawasaki Z1 900
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 06:38:35 PM »

Thanks a million Hoist,

I'll be right on to the dealer. Bloody hell I selected the 110 CVO because it was marketed as the best. I am very happy with the bike but relyability is a major expectation is it not on a bike of this stature. Thanks again. Ride safe. Regards Rod.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »

Thanks a million Hoist,

I'll be right on to the dealer. Bloody hell I selected the 110 CVO because it was marketed as the best. I am very happy with the bike but relyability is a major expectation is it not on a bike of this stature. Thanks again. Ride safe. Regards Rod.

No prob Rod. These bikes are great, but the 110 motor needs some help. HD to the rescue (at snail's pace of course)! But their "product enhancement" addresses the issues. Will they actually FIX the issues? Time will tell. But definitely bring it in to get ALL the "enhancements" done. Bike should run much better if they got the parts right this time! Best of luck to ya Rod! :2vrolijk_21:

And BTW, welcome to this great site! Enjoy! :drink:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Lennyiti

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 06:07:53 PM »

My Dyna head gaskets leaked at 4k miles. Lifter noise close to same time. It got better with adjustable push rods but still have some noise. Also burns about .5 qts of oil per 500 miles due to bad valve seals. Still love the bike though.

sblade1948

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 08:47:07 PM »

OK HOWIE I Know I should have jumped in. I had leak at 7000, I went another direction. A friend I know in town has same bike. 9500Miles no leak. all are different.

SEaglesfly

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 09:36:28 PM »

Yes before the head gasket upgrade program and even a after the new gaskets still have a tap, did you get the upgrade yet?

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.