Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dropped my bike yesterday  (Read 6482 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Dropped my bike yesterday
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »

Unfortunately when I dropped mine I didn't have saddlebag guards on it and the pavement did a real number on my bag.  :'(.  The good news is that I sent it to Joe at Xtreme Dimensions and he used his "Magic" to perfection!  Here's a shout out to Joe.  :2vrolijk_20: :thumbup: :znotworthy: :drummer:  I now have saddlebag guards installed.   ;) ;D
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

ultrarider123

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 08:59:44 AM »

It WILL happen sooner or later.  I've posted this story before but after many years of riding, I finally purchase my first Harley in 1991, 1989 Electra Glide with 32K on the clock.  Rode it down to Road's of Atlanta not long after purchasing (had it about a month) to meet up with some friends.  Was riding the infield and spotted them...they all had G'wangs...rode across the infield to meet them and came up on a ditch.  Stopped to evaluate but stopped on the slope sideways.  Putting down my left foot found nothing but air and down I went.  Scratched the faring a bit on the left corner but that was pretty much it for damage.  The REAL damage was when the other riders came along to help me raise it back up....they all gave the "we have all been there" speach but it sure felt like I was a 2 year old and the older kids were helping me pick up my tricicle.  All my pride went out the window that day.  Learned from it but still...
Haven't thought about that experience so while I'm sorry about you dropping the bike, it gave me a walk down memory lane...thanks for that....

lammgrel

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 09:12:35 AM »

Thanks to all for the replies, I also knew it was inevitable, and have always been told so.  I do feel better hearing the stories  ;)  I have already ordered the touch up kit, when it arrives I'll pick up some 3M Automotive 2-sided adhesive foam pad to stick the skid plate back on and detail the scratches out as best I can
Legend Air Suspension, Jackpot Exhaust, Fullsack 2.25" Cores, K&N High Flow Air Filter
SE Race Tuner, Windsplitter Windshield

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 09:20:40 AM »

Sorry Brother !!! Get it cleaned up and take it as a lesson learned.
DND

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 11:18:44 AM »

1st time my SEEG fell over (yeah, more then once, once on a bad place to turn and once on gravel) I lamented the story to my "bro".

Most of the response had to do with you need to get some meat on you  - workout - get a smaller bike - yada yada yada

Ah yup - since then he has dropped his - twice  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »

I almost did same last week loading my SG onto my trailer. it ended up leaning on the trailer wheel and zero damage? but we've all done it before. you know what they say, the law of averages...
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

Chicky

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Black Licorice/Midnight Cobalt Flames
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »

Upon returning from a usual ride, hubby proceeds down the driveway.  I stop at the top of the driveway to get the mail, paper, etc.  Put the kick-stand down, hop off.   Crash!?!   Didn't put it in neutral.  Duh.   Sooo mad/upset.  Did not want to get it up and ride it down the driveway.  Was way too ticked off at myself.   Hubby refused to do it for me, so I had to.  That was the best medicine, and 3 bikes ago.   Haven't dropped one since.  Paying way more attention.   Sorry to hear about your drop.   It sucks, but seems to be the "price of admission".   
Dreaming does matter.

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »

Guess what happens when you are parked in the driveway, and step off the bike to go back into the house to get something without putting down the kickstand?  Yea, BANG! you turn around and look to see your bike on its side.   :oops: Been there done that.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 11:54:37 PM »

Mostly it's better when your pride gets hurt worse than you / the bike...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Montanakid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 03:41:56 PM »

Don't feel to bad if damage was very light. Backing in downhill one day, grabbed the front brake..down to the right. Finally got it up, me on wrong side. Told the wife to put the jiffystand down, she said "whats that?" Now the good part........was going to see my Mom-in-law at an assisted living facility. There were 19 seniors on the front porch, 10ft away. Felt like a real rider, as they started clapping. One older gent said "Son, don't ever back downhill with a BSR" All I could say was "Yes Sir"

That pic gives a new meaning to the piggly wiggly chain.
S&S T 124 LC Engine
D&D Borzilla Eghaust
Horsepower Inc Throttle Assembly
Hawg Wired 6 Pack System
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 440's Rear

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »

I dropped my bike on a road trip back in June.  It fell so hard that both wheels came off the ground and caused $8700 in damage.  I put in a claim with my insurance.  Dealership ordered the parts and I did the labor.  I ended up with a $1700 in my pocket and OEM parts that I sold on ebay.   CVO parts are expensive!  The insurance also paid for a new Garmin 665 which broke when the bike dropped. In the end I had an additional $2200 in my pocket but I wish it never happened.

I'm glad your damage wasn't as bad as mine.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 25 queries.