Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: 07 SERK Saddlebags  (Read 13111 times)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
Re: 07 SERK Saddlebags
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 04:28:47 PM »

OK HOIST.

watch out, I'm a senior in more ways then one and I guess I'm gonna catch up to your posting now.(NOT)
 :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »

thanks for the lock #'s i would also like to see some optional mounting locations. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 08:29:40 AM »

Hi Mike,

We had quite a long thread on this subject a while back - this was it.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,9554.0.html

Cheers,

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

bobby0

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 02:58:18 AM »

Will dealer sell hard bags? Would they fit without to much modification? I know the paint match would be tough.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 11:45:03 AM »

Guy that used to work at San Diego H-D made a better lock for leather bags He left to pursue his buisness Als Custom Parts or something like that. I've got a card somewhere. If I can find it I'll post the info here

B B
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:47:07 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »

Guy that used to work at San Diego H-D made a better lock for leather bags He left to pursue his buisness Als Custom Parts or something like that. I've got a card somewhere. If I can find it I'll post the info here

B B

That would be helpful B as the stock ones leave much to be desired and there didn't seem to be an alternative. If you found a better one, there's a bunch of us who would be interested! Thanks. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 02:02:44 PM »

I have emailed this seller on eBay about his locks and he claims they will also work on our FLHRSE3 bags. I just do not know if I like the look of the lock tumbler out front.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110080716542&rd=1,1
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 02:46:49 PM »

I have emailed this seller on eBay about his locks and he claims they will also work on our FLHRSE3 bags. I just do not know if I like the look of the lock tumbler out front.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110080716542&rd=1,1

That actually looks pretty good!

B B, is this the leather saddlebag lockset you were referring to?

HarleyTeam, how does this look compared to the HD set you got.

Any feedback on this would be nice. I think I like this.

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 09:47:42 PM »

That actually looks pretty good!

B B, is this the leather saddlebag lockset you were referring to?

HarleyTeam, how does this look compared to the HD set you got.

Any feedback on this would be nice. I think I like this.

Hoist! 8)

I've installed a couple sets of these before.  They go on without much unexpected difficulty and work ok.  You'd end up with an extra piece of chrome trim that you don't have to begin.  Might even see if the mftr was (or might be interested in) working something up for the new bags specifically.

http://aeromachmfg.com/store/catalog/Als-PeaceMaker-Road-King-Saddlebag-Locks-p-679.html

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 10:17:37 PM »

I've installed a couple sets of these before.  They go on without much unexpected difficulty and work ok.  You'd end up with an extra piece of chrome trim that you don't have to begin.  Might even see if the mftr was (or might be interested in) working something up for the new bags specifically.

http://aeromachmfg.com/store/catalog/Als-PeaceMaker-Road-King-Saddlebag-Locks-p-679.html

Wow Don, that's kinda cool too. Thanks! I didn't realize there was any other choices for this besides HD. Maybe they can do something special for us. I feel another survey and Group Buy coming on!

What do you think guys. Is there enough interest in this to see if they'll make some kind of Screaming Eagle logo lock? Let's hear! ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 11:24:36 PM »

Wow Don, that's kinda cool too. Thanks! I didn't realize there was any other choices for this besides HD. Maybe they can do something special for us. I feel another survey and Group Buy coming on!

What do you think guys. Is there enough interest in this to see if they'll make some kind of Screaming Eagle logo lock? Let's hear! ;) Hoist! 8)

Have put those on two RK Classics Howie.  If memory serves the first one took 2 hours and the second took 45 minutes or so.  So pretty typical for a straighforward installation.  Nothing really tough about them at all.

That outer bezel they offer that holds the tumbler is in a shape and size to generally and unobtrusively replace the trim part on the RKC saddlebags.  No other reason for it to be that size and shape though.  The lock and inside parts would be universal to the application.  So can't think of any reason that some other outer trim couldn't be used just as easily so long as it's machined to accept the lock.  For that matter there's nothing on the SERK saddlebags in the area this would mount.  So it might look ok as just an additional bit of ornament.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 09:07:14 PM »

Looks interesting enough. Even more appealing if it is modified to match somehow.  :huepfenjump3:

Keep me posted.
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 04:23:25 AM »

I would definitely be interested in something like this. Way better than the standard HD offering.

Bring it on.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »

got mine mounted on the inside.  I just removed the stock button, and put in the lock, tilted slightly upward and to the front. just had to drill 1 small hole, and everything mounted nicely. the nice thing about the HD ones,, you can get the key to match your serk key at no extra charge. total cost 69.95

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »

Are the leather bags on the Road King Classic larger than the  leather bags on the new SERK? If so how much larger? How would they compare in size to the hard bags that would fit the new SERK? TIA, jj. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.