Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why change the AC on a SERK?  (Read 1127 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Why change the AC on a SERK?
« on: June 21, 2007, 12:18:50 PM »

Hi to all with my first topic.

I'm in the process of getting my financing around to pick up a new '07 SERK, but I think after reading lots of posts here, I'll wait for the '08 models.

Anyway, I see in the brochures that the SERK has the SE AC already installed.  If this is the case, why is everyone changing it to the SE parts version?

The service guy at the dealership said that he believed the SERK has the open back plate and the washable filter element.

I get the true duals and the ECM mods, but if the SERK has the SE AC, why change it?

This is what I'm hoping to upgrade from, a '76 FLH...

I would think that I'll be quite spoiled by a new SERK and never want to ride this beast again.

Thanks for all the great information.

:) :) :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Why change the AC on a SERK?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:30:17 PM »

Hi to all with my first topic.

I'm in the process of getting my financing around to pick up a new '07 SERK, but I think after reading lots of posts here, I'll wait for the '08 models.

Anyway, I see in the brochures that the SERK has the SE AC already installed.  If this is the case, why is everyone changing it to the SE parts version?

The service guy at the dealership said that he believed the SERK has the open back plate and the washable filter element.

I get the true duals and the ECM mods, but if the SERK has the SE AC, why change it?

I would think that I'll be quite spoiled by a new SERK and never want to ride this beast again.

Thanks for all the great information.

:) :) :)

Welcome aboard Dan. The SERK comes with the SE A/C but the filter supplied with it is a POS. Simply change the filter element itself to a K&N HD-0800 and you're all set. Others are changing for better performance or to change the look. But the stock SERK SE A/C with the K&N will do just fine. You will definitely spoiled by this bike when you get it, but I still love to ride my 4-speed also. I'll never get tired of my '85 FXWG. Good luck with the new bike when you get it! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »

Got to say it - your old ride looks pretty good!

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »

Welcome aboard Dan. The SERK comes with the SE A/C but the filter supplied with it is a POS. Simply change the filter element itself to a K&N HD-0800 and you're all set. Others are changing for better performance or to change the look. But the stock SERK SE A/C with the K&N will do just fine. You will definitely spoiled by this bike when you get it, but I still love to ride my 4-speed also. I'll never get tired of my '85 FXWG. Good luck with the new bike when you get it! Hoist! 8)

Yeah, what Howie said.

I tossed the stock filter, and put a Big Sucker in, but the hardware is still the same.

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.