Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno Results '03 SERK  (Read 2797 times)

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
Dyno Results '03 SERK
« on: March 24, 2004, 05:16:18 PM »

Here are the dyno results along with the mods on my 03 serk.
The dreaded (but good looking) Reiniharts w/ 2.25 baffles;
SE Aircleaner/intake mod. (stage 1);
SE Race Tuner (new version. Important to get a new or updated version to make sure you have the latest downloads from HD) especially for this engine;
SE 258 Racing use only (yeah right!) cams;
Parts were installed at Barnett HD in El Paso without any mods done to the downloads(yet). Went from the box to the bike to the dyno..out the door! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]. AFR was so perfect, tech did not want to mess with it any further until I drove it for a few. I'll take it back to Barnett in a couple of weeks to have everything checked and begin messing with it If I so desire. He felt that there was some room for improvement on the mid range but at the expense of the AFR. If I want to, it's there. One other note. It was easily in the mid 90s in the dyno room (mid 80's outside). The tech did say "get this thing on a cool morning you'll break 100 hp easily..and then some....Cool [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 05:19:30 PM by gb »
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
Re: Dyno Results '03 SERK
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 05:39:11 PM »

GB,   the dyno sheet has a nice steady climb to it.  Although, it seems like your base point or starting point for your torque was a bit low.  At 2k, my stock set up was at 80ft lbs and rose to 88 @ 2.5krpm.  After my mods were done i stayed flat @ 80 ft lbs from 2- 2.5k ...with 2.25 baffles  (big dip).  I understand the three variables that goes along with dyno tuning (tuner-machine-humidity) i just think all these bikes should be somewhat close.  Anyway your looks nice and smooth.  What is the lift on that cam?  It is a higher-end cam correct?? best of luck with further modifications
stock for now

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 06:01:24 PM »

My SEEG (see my dyno sheet in the SEEG forum under Dyno Numbers) has stock cams, V&H 2 into 1 Pro Pipe, Race Tuner and S&E High Flow Air Cleaner.  I turned 100 HP and 104 torque however, I notice that your torque comes on a little faster than mine.  

If you've changed the cams, that would be the only noticable difference (which is a good one) from mine.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 06:46:35 PM »

I was trying to recoup the loss of mid range with the Reinharts (or any dual for that matter) That's why I went with the 258 cams. Problem solved, and it worked great plus I have a really neat lopey idle [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]. I still may try a 2 into 1 with a fake left (ie my D&D or reinharts thread) after I win the lottery or something. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Update: Just got off the phone W/ Barnett. here's the specs on the cam.
Lift: .569 exh and .569 Int.
Duration @ 0.53 is 258deg for int. and 268 deg for exh.
I hope that means something to someone. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 07:51:13 PM by gb »

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 09:22:20 PM »

My SEEG (see my dyno sheet in the SEEG forum under Dyno Numbers) has stock cams, V&H 2 into 1 Pro Pipe, Race Tuner and S&E High Flow Air Cleaner.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 10:09:50 AM »

You know what Cabo, I think you may be on to something there. I'm @ 3000 ' with almost no humidity and in the mid 80's. I've always noticed that @ sea level my cars runn a hell of alot better, but never tried my bike down there. Gotta give it a shot sometime see how she runs in CA @ sea level. [smiley=computer.gif]

Road_Hog

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 10:35:14 AM »

Let us know when you get here!  [smiley=sunny.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 10:47:15 AM »

Could that be the altitude diff between you and el paso?

That would be one of the variables.......I'm at 14' above sea level with high humidity.

I got an "unofficial" email from HD (the 103" motor dept.) last night that had some interesting comments.  I'm at work now, and don't have it here.  But one of the things that I remember is that the cams in this motor is a high rpm cam and that's why it comes on so late.  GB changed his cams and that probably explains why they come on so much earlier.

There were also some comments about the A/F ratio that I'll post, from home.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.