Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: "OK" I need help!  (Read 4561 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
"OK" I need help!
« on: December 14, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to get past the WARNING message during the setup of the navigation system on the '08's?

Following the instructions I got past the initial setup screen and then the checking screen and when it comes to the WARNING screen the instructions tell you to press the "OK" on the screen... I didn't know it was a touch screen.  That didn't work so I then pressed the "OK" button that is amongst the soft keys to the right of the radio.  That didn't work either. :nixweiss:

Now when I turn on the navigation that darn WARNING screen appears and I can't get past it.  If anyone knows the secret it would be greatly appreciated if you could set this lost soul straight.

Take care & ride safe,
Mike

PS - I'm still trying to figure out how to attach a photo or photos of my #601.  If you can help there as well that would be great.  Thanks!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: "OK" I need help!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »

Mike,

Pressing the 'OK' button in the middle of the arrow keys works on mine to get past the warning message.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »

Mike,

To attach a picture to your post, press the 'reply' button and on the next screen, go to the bottom and look for 'Attach:'... click the browse button and navigate to where your pictures are stored on your hard drive.  The pictures have to be 1500KB or less in size.

Bob
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 10:55:31 PM »

Thanks Bob!

I must have a sticky "OK" button cause I was pushing it and nothing happened.  After your note I tried it again and when it didn't work I pushed it repeatedly and presto!  Not too sure how many tries it took but the button appears to be working now.  Only problem is now I'm stuck on the "Starting Navigation" screen where is says to please wait while GPS starts.  Well, I've waited and waited and waited and nothing.  I'm beginning to think that possibly you may have to have the bike outside to get it to work which will be a little difficult for me at this time with snow up to our you know what!  I can't even get to the screen to set my time zone and I think it's set to Australia because late afternoon today it said it was December 15th already.

Thanks also for the tip on attaching photos... Now all I have to do is figure out how to resize my photo which is currently 2.32MB.

I'll eventually get their.  Thanks for your assistance Bob.

Take care & ride safe,
Mike

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 05:59:28 AM »

My pleasure Mike.  The bike does have to be outside to get a signal from the satellites.  I even had to ride mine some before the GPS finally started working.  You also have to leave the CD for your region in the CD player as well.
On resizing the pictures, just look for something in the program you're using to change the resolution to a smaller number and that'll do it.

Good luck and stay warm,

Bob
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »

If you're running Windows XP, open the photos in Windows Picture and Fax viewer, then Edit, then resize.  That's one way, and it's really easy.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 09:04:39 AM »

Thanks for your assistance Bob.  I'll get to work on resizing my photos and have to wait awhile to work on the GPS.

Are you saying that whenever you want to use the GPS one of the disks has to be in (whichever area you're travelling in/to)?  That would mean whenever you're using your GPS you can't listen to music CD's - right?  If that's correct, it's too bad that it doesn't work like my vehicle - Loaded the GPS CD once and "forget about it".

Even though I've been a CVO owner since Sept. '04 I only recently found this site...  It's great having so many with experience and knowledge to lean on when you need help.  Thanks again!

Take care & ride safe,

Mike

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 09:09:46 AM »

Thanks for your assistance Bob.  I'll get to work on resizing my photos and have to wait awhile to work on the GPS.

Are you saying that whenever you want to use the GPS one of the disks has to be in (whichever area you're travelling in/to)?  That would mean whenever you're using your GPS you can't listen to music CD's - right?  If that's correct, it's too bad that it doesn't work like my vehicle - Loaded the GPS CD once and "forget about it".

Even though I've been a CVO owner since Sept. '04 I only recently found this site...  It's great having so many with experience and knowledge to lean on when you need help.  Thanks again!

Take care & ride safe,

Mike

Yep, you're exactly right Mike.  The NAV CD has to be in the player to use the GPS, so no music from the CD player.

I'm glad you found us, there's a wealth of information here and everyone is always happy to help with questions and suggestions.  And of course, help you spend your money!  ;D

Bob
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 09:51:44 PM »

If you're running Windows XP, open the photos in Windows Picture and Fax viewer, then Edit, then resize.  That's one way, and it's really easy.

Thanks, that did the trick!

Take care & ride safe,
Mike

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 09:57:22 AM »

Actually you can use the GPS without the disk in... Sort of.

You have to have the disk in before you start using the GPS.  Then you enter your route.  Once it's ready and starts navigating you can take the CD out and replace it with a music disk.

Now for the sort of part!  You can't use the find food, fuel or dealer buttons without it asking you for the disk.  You can't go off route without it asking you for the disk.  You can't shut off and restart the bike without it asking you for the disk.  And you can't travel from one region to another without it asking you for the disk.

So technically you can use it without but I said the heck with it and leave it in for the above mentioned reasons.

Good Luck!
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 10:20:10 AM »

Actually you can use the GPS without the disk in... Sort of.

You have to have the disk in before you start using the GPS.  Then you enter your route.  Once it's ready and starts navigating you can take the CD out and replace it with a music disk.

Now for the sort of part!  You can't use the find food, fuel or dealer buttons without it asking you for the disk.  You can't go off route without it asking you for the disk.  You can't shut off and restart the bike without it asking you for the disk.  And you can't travel from one region to another without it asking you for the disk.

So technically you can use it without but I said the heck with it and leave it in for the above mentioned reasons.

Good Luck!
J-Carr

Thanks for the info  :confused5:
Seems like a whole bunch of cant's for my liking.

Actually, I've never been big on using GPS especially on a bike.  I believe the best part of any road trip is getting lost!  That way you get to meet & visit so many cool places & people and you learn of all the great roads that you have missed following the direct route that a GPS usually sends you.

I'll most likely just check to ensure that it is working properly, then store the disks in a safe place and rock on down a country road!
 :bananarock:

Take care & ride safe,
Mike

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »

Thanks for the info  :confused5:
Seems like a whole bunch of cant's for my liking.

Actually, I've never been big on using GPS especially on a bike.  I believe the best part of any road trip is getting lost!  That way you get to meet & visit so many cool places & people and you learn of all the great roads that you have missed following the direct route that a GPS usually sends you.

I'll most likely just check to ensure that it is working properly, then store the disks in a safe place and rock on down a country road!
 :bananarock:

Take care & ride safe,
Mike
Actually a GPS will enhance that ability. Now you can wander farther into being lost and not worry about which turn you made where because no matter where you are you'll still be able to enter "Home" and get back there. As for creating routes before you leave (on most GPS' other then what is stock on the CUSE's) you can manipulate those routes to roads you wish to travel on.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »

One thing I found out when I had loaded my Nav Disk and left it in I got interuptions in my XM and FM  I had Harley troubleshooting the system because it was driving me crazy. Finally they put there top guy??? on it and he informed me that everytime the GPS was updating it interupted the radio. Just an FYI     8) 8) 8)
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »

One thing I found out when I had loaded my Nav Disk and left it in I got interuptions in my XM and FM  I had Harley troubleshooting the system because it was driving me crazy. Finally they put there top guy??? on it and he informed me that everytime the GPS was updating it interupted the radio. Just an FYI     8) 8) 8)

I think their "top" guy needs to rethink that statement, because my Nav system has never interupted XM or FM when it's updating itself. I leave the disk in all the time. It has always operated transparently in the background.  The only time it's interupted my radio is when the voice is giving me a direction, which is what it's supposed to do.  The Nav system should not interupt the radio for any reason other than when it gives voice directions.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »

I can't beleive you have to have the disk in to use the GPS???  I guess now I see why so many are using the Zumo or other.  I'm glad I kept my Quest 2, looks like I'll get the handelbar mount for it now!  For $1000 I'd rather HD pull it off the bike and reduce the MSRP! 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 24 queries.