Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Author Topic: I now see why The Motor Company is in trouble  (Read 33335 times)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: I now see why The Motor Company is in trouble
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 09:43:18 PM »

I do not think the length of your trip, ie: your schedule, should of had anything to do with it. Even a month was to long to wait, to me. I just do not agree with you that HD is wrong this time. Also I have had three 110's and no problems so I do not agree on your comments regarding that either. Sorry you had trouble.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 10:48:49 PM »

I do not think the length of your trip, ie: your schedule, should of had anything to do with it. Even a month was to long to wait, to me. I just do not agree with you that HD is wrong this time. Also I have had three 110's and no problems so I do not agree on your comments regarding that either. Sorry you had trouble.

Jerry or Scott with more background in the industry should speak to this. But I really thought there was contractual warranty obligation for a recurring warranty failure that persists after the warranty date.

Timbuck2

• AK

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 12:25:38 AM »

"I have owned many a Harley and many a CVO Harley since 1975. I have NEVER had to call the MOCO about anything ever."

Sounds to me like you have had 40 years of problem free motorcycles until this one MINOR electrical issue.  Your luck is better than most.  Even after your one month trip it still took nine months to get the bike in.   It obviously was not a priority.  I can't say the MOCO was wrong in this case

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 05:03:03 AM »

If a warrant-able issue / item is made known "in writing" prior to a warranty running out it is to be warranted. I'm sure that there is a reasonable amount of time in which this would need to be brought in for the repairs and in the eyes of corporate law I'm sure there is some sort of time frame that is considered legit to decline a claim. 2 weeks is not a reasonable amount of time, 10 months, not so sure. Trust me I'm not on the MoCo's side here just looking at it logically.
So in one instance you are completely justified in expecting service on the other hand maybe not so much, I don't know what that "reasonable" length of time is. I would be just as mad as you but probably equally mad at myself for not having taken it in to have the work done for that 10 months.

Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 10:13:20 AM »

Is there anything on the service card that indicates an expiration date?

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 12:15:25 PM »

My first issue would be with the dealer who "fixed" it the first time.  Fixed means no longer broken.  So that's where I'd call.

Having said that, I know my dealer would take care of it as long as I let them know right away.  If I was on a trip they'd wait until I got back.  They'd probably have made an appointment for a mutually acceptable date after the completion of the trip.  That's unusual. And I know that.  And to be honest, I don't know that everyone still gets that kind of service. I do because I'm a volunteer there, and have been for 10+ years.  My son also worked there.  They used to be this way for everyone.  I've heard stuff that makes me wonder if they still are.

Regardless, they had a problem and they should take care of it.  It's good business for them and it's the right thing to do.  The only exception I would've made is if you'd kept riding it.  Obviously they want to get it fixed before it got worse.  Otherwise everyone would report a knock bang or tick and than ride it until it popped and go get a new engine.  But this isn't that case.

As to the comments effectively saying your problems aren't a big deal because of how many bikes you own?  Its good that comment was made on a polite forum.  I have some seriously inappropriate comments running through my head.  It was that kind of stupidity that kept me away for a couple of years.  I don't care if your Donald Trump.  Getting poor quality service when you're buying an already outrageously over priced and under quality item is unacceptable.  I appreciate that you worked as a public service all your life.  I appreciate that you had to work extra for your toys.  And its none of my damn business.  I had a few comments to add to finish that thought, but I will keep my record of not getting banned intact and leave them un-typed.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 12:44:26 PM »

When I was given the card the warranty still had 10 days left on it. There was nothing in writing or was I told I only had 2 weeks. I told the Factory Rep I was going to be on the road for a month!!!! The Customer Service Rep told me he would only honor it for 2 weeks from the day I received it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

From a strict legal point of view the warranty had run out and unless an extension in writing was given from a person with the power to do so I think you are out of luck expecting to have compensation. The fact that you intended to out on the road for a month in no way forces the company to extend the warranty. I think this whole thing is unfortunate for you and your only leg to stand on is the fact that the item was not fully repaired the first time when it was covered under the policy.

Good luck and I mean no ill will for you, just interpreting what i have read on here and knowing that the HD company does really care for any of us personally.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 12:17:06 AM »

Is there anything on the service card that indicates an expiration date?

:oops: :nixweiss:

No not at all. Nothing verbal from the Rep either. Maryland has  1 year on the contract from the MOCO. I could break it off in their a___, but I'm not looking to hold up the sale of the bike. I will just never buy a new Bike from Harley again. It is people in our age group that is keeping Harley Davidson a float. They keep it up and they will be done!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 12:20:23 AM »

My first issue would be with the dealer who "fixed" it the first time.  Fixed means no longer broken.  So that's where I'd call.

Having said that, I know my dealer would take care of it as long as I let them know right away.  If I was on a trip they'd wait until I got back.  They'd probably have made an appointment for a mutually acceptable date after the completion of the trip.  That's unusual. And I know that.  And to be honest, I don't know that everyone still gets that kind of service. I do because I'm a volunteer there, and have been for 10+ years.  My son also worked there.  They used to be this way for everyone.  I've heard stuff that makes me wonder if they still are.

Regardless, they had a problem and they should take care of it.  It's good business for them and it's the right thing to do.  The only exception I would've made is if you'd kept riding it.  Obviously they want to get it fixed before it got worse.  Otherwise everyone would report a knock bang or tick and than ride it until it popped and go get a new engine.  But this isn't that case.

As to the comments effectively saying your problems aren't a big deal because of how many bikes you own?  Its good that comment was made on a polite forum.  I have some seriously inappropriate comments running through my head.  It was that kind of stupidity that kept me away for a couple of years.  I don't care if your Donald Trump.  Getting poor quality service when you're buying an already outrageously over priced and under quality item is unacceptable.  I appreciate that you worked as a public service all your life.  I appreciate that you had to work extra for your toys.  And its none of my damn business.  I had a few comments to add to finish that thought, but I will keep my record of not getting banned intact and leave them un-typed.
[/color]

Well for those who know me know I am being very calm right now. You are correct, it doesn't matter how many CVO's or what else I own. I worked for and earned every penny of it!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 03:30:07 PM »

[/color]

. You are correct, it doesn't matter how many CVO's or what else I own. I worked for and earned every penny of it!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I agree with that. I should not be persecuted or judged badly because I have been a successful hard worker.

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »

From a strict legal point of view the warranty had run out and unless an extension in writing was given from a person with the power to do so I think you are out of luck expecting to have compensation. The fact that you intended to out on the road for a month in no way forces the company to extend the warranty. I think this whole thing is unfortunate for you and your only leg to stand on is the fact that the item was not fully repaired the first time when it was covered under the policy.

Good luck and I mean no ill will for you, just interpreting what i have read on here and knowing that the HD company does really care for any of us personally.

You guy's have to stop drinking the company Kool-aid. If there is a warrenty problem that comes up during the warrenty period they are responsable for the repairs clear and simple. I've had the same problem during, and well after the warrenty was over and just told them I'm not paying. Just because they didn't fix it right the first time, the Dealer and the Motor company are still responsable for the repairs no matter how long it takes.
                       Jonnierock

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »

I agree with that. I should not be persecuted or judged badly because I have been a successful hard worker.
Sadly, though, this place has become Entitlement Nation, with so many people thinking they deserve whatever they want, when they want it, and those who work hard and buy more-expensive stuff are keeping them from having what they want.  I think they get angry b/c they want the nicer stuff and know they won't get it by handout.  [/rant]
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 07:48:29 PM »

I agree with you. Nothing wrong working hard and being successful.

I am still surprised how sensitive people are on this board. only time I get pissed is when I get shot at and so far I am doing okay. Meaning I am alive and the others aren't   (Last time was in an Apache)

[/color]

Well for those who know me know I am being very calm right now. You are correct, it doesn't matter how many CVO's or what else I own. I worked for and earned every penny of it!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 09:57:52 AM »

Thanks for all of the replies. But the bottom line is I WANT MY BIKE FIXED and get it sold. Yesterday I did talk to my Lawyer ( he is a very good friend of mine) The discussion was just basic B/S and catching up on the last couple of months. I did bring up the bike though. He knows how I am about my bikes and was very surprised that I didn't get it taken care of right away. He also stated that the MOCO was liable and would most likely lose in a court of law. Not to mention the monies it would cost them to defend the case in Maryland. He also said they pull this crap knowing that most people won't even challenge the MOCO. So he did say that if I wanted him to file he would. The cost would be little or nothing. More cost to have the MOCO served then anything else. So I am not sure I want to go that route or not. Now if I would have known that they were not going to repair the bike I would have done it myself. But the bike is there and it will cost more to go get it and then take it back in just fuel.

Now the truth be known. When I got back off of my trip I was more interested in getting back to Delaware and see my girl friend and my Dog and completely forgot about the repairs to the bike. Hell I didn't even wash the bike and it was bad. 

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 10:47:30 AM »

I agree with you. Nothing wrong working hard and being successful.

I am still surprised how sensitive people are on this board. only time I get pissed is when I get shot at and so far I am doing okay. Meaning I am alive and the others aren't   (Last time was in an Apache)
Glad you didn't get shot.  Too many weren't so lucky.

I am still surprised by how many insensitive people think its ok to say something mean or ignorant, but don't think its ok to be called out on it or have a mean or ignorant reply sent back.

Funny how that works.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 24 queries.