Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: For SPRINGERS only ? (MOTORKOTE)  (Read 37341 times)

Jack

• Full CVO Member
  • thank you Denis Van Orman (DVO)

• CVO1: 07 FXSTSSE Amarillo Gold/Candy Tangerine (1/540) thanks Dude
    • CVO2: 98 Lincoln LSC Ivory Pearlescent (34K)
    • CVO3: 87 Porsche 944 Rose Quartz
For SPRINGERS only ? (MOTORKOTE)
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »

:beatdeadhorse: 

This is the product you wish you heard about twenty years ago,
but has not been out that long.

I have been using oil products for over 50 yrs now, started with
STP back in the mid 60's.

If you have experienced the dreaded 'Starter Grind' due to the
old starter that was replaced in 2008, this is the CURE !

( THERE ARE MANY OTHER PERFORMANCE BENEFITS ! )

I have about 8000 miles & 3 ? seasons with this product.

In the beginning, it helped and I enjoyed the new performance as well:

The container said you can add another application if you feel it needs it.
After the additional application and a few hundred miles the grind went
away permanently.  Did not come back until I went thru an oil chg without
the regular application recently. Got one (1) grind & reapplied, went away.
So you may need it each oil chg to keep it away.

My oil changes are @ 3,500 intervals filter incl.

Walmart $26.++ @ qt.  (2oz per qt in the effected area)

1) 

2) 

http://motorkote.com/

read testimonials here:
http://www.amazon.com/MotorKote-MK-HL32-06-32oz-Hyper-Lubricant/product-reviews/B000EGAM0I/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

I have placed it in every 4 cycle engine I own.  Makes my Honda 6.5 hp mower
start much easier........J

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:37:39 PM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
H-D Tribal Mirrors (92410-09)
H-D medium low detachable (round stock) sissy bar
2006 Bobtail fender rack & trans dip stk w/medallion
Jet Scream (air delivery)
10mm SE plug wires
NGK Iridium IX (DCPR9EIX) 2316
Mercury Marine QUICKSILVER 20-W50
MOTORKOTE (petroleum hydrocarbon) in all 3 areas
RED LINE HEAVY SHOCKPROOF
93 Octane
Lyndall "Z" Racing Brake Pads "Gold"
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

Re: For SPRINGERS only ? (MOTORKOTE)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:02:49 PM »

from the MOTORKOTE SITE

Quote: I have been a loyal user of Motorkote since I heard it advertised on America’s Trucking Network (then, the Truckin’ Bozo Radio Network) when I discovered the show in 2004. After hearing how particular the show was about their sponsors and how many of the listeners/callers believed in it, I began using it. It didn’t take long before I had Motorkote in everything from my personal vehicles, my lawn mowers, my farm tractor and it’s equipment, to my 1996 Freightliner tractor and it’s 350 hp CAT engine. Heck, I even use it in the control cables and linkages in the rudder systems on my kayaks. This past week confirmed its value to me.Last Friday, sometime near the end of my return trip on my nightly run from Tulsa, OK to Dallas, TX and back; I began getting odd readings from my oil pressure gauge. I decided to pull over to check it out. As soon as I opened the door, I could see oil on the step. I had LOTS of oil covering the side of my tractor and trailer. The inside of the engine compartment was also drenched in oil. I checked the oil level and discovered it was about two and a half gallons low. I had blown a gasket where the power steering pump is bolted to the engine block and two of the bolts holding the pump on had worked their way loose, apparently caused by the extraordinarily rough US-69 highway through Oklahoma that I travel every night. The engine was really pumping oil out at around 1500 RPM’s, right around the RPM setting I cruise at. Over the weekend, I repaired the problem and re-filled the engine oil to it’s proper level according to the dipstick. I checked the oil before I left on my trip Mon. night and it was normal. I decided to check the oil half way through my run, and this time it showed and overfill condition. Puzzled, I decided to check the oil again later in the run and it showed again too low. I was getting varying dipstick readings that really didn’t make sense to me, but they were within what I felt was an acceptable tolerance on the dipstick. This went on for two more days until today, Thursday.Then I figured it out. One time that I checked the oil, I noticed that the tube that houses the dipstick had worked it’s way loose. This tube was sliding up and down in the engine, as was the dipstick within it, causing the dipstick to read inaccurately. More collateral damage from US-69 in OK. Not knowing where the tube should be, I decided to drain the oil, replace the oil with the proper amount in order to calibrate the position of the dipstick tube so that I would know for sure it was in the right place and also to make sure that I had the proper amount of oil in the crank case. Imagine my surprise when I drained the oil and got LESS THAN TWO GALLONS from the engine! Considering that I had added about two and a half gallons, I figure it was close to empty when I discovered the problem. After I fixed the gasket, I figure that I ran for three nights, close to 1,500 miles, and never grossed below 65,000 pounds at any time, all on about one and three quarters of a gallon of engine oil. My tractor never ran abnormally hot, in spite of our unseasonably warm temperatures this week, and it never missed a beat or made any additional noises.
I instantly took a sample of the engine oil that I drained and went and had an oil analysis ran to see if I had ruined my engine. I was told that there was no significant wear or warning signs showing in the oil. When I was asked how many miles were on the engine, I told him, 1.4 million miles….NO OVERHAUL, or any other internal engine work. He said, “Amazing. We don’t usually see samples that look that good from engines with less than half that many miles.” I really don’t think he believed me, and he had never heard of Motorkote. He has now.

A fellow driver told me that I was lucky. I told him that I wasn’t lucky, I was “Motorkoted.” It’s the next best thing to an insurance policy you can have for your engine. Thank you, Motorkote, for saving my engine this week.

-Nate Free—aka “Hammerhead”

Cherokee Transport, LLC

Inola, OK…
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/printthread.php?t=38350

Quote:
irlrules98
That V-max is an ether based product.....the increases in MPG or power last only for the measured gastank full...you see, the ether evaporates in the crankcase and is breathed in through the PCV system..enhancing power and MPG. The linkite may very well adhere to the parts and decrease wear characteristics...but it does not do all three for extended periods.

The only one I know of that is currently available is Motorkote 100. They do that bearing test versus anything else and routinely win the antifriction battle. Check them out at their website, just search motorkote 100. And yes, I use the stuff as directed, and it does what it says....better MPG, better power but I have not torn anything down to check for the wear part. (Hendrick Motorsports) uses it in their Cup car engines. Unquote

(I do not see any decals for the product on their cars, but you will find Kendrick cars on MOTORKOTE site.......J)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:00:38 AM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »

MOTORKOTE site window testimonials:

Quote:
I have listened to the overnight trucking show on WLW for several years. I enjoyed Dale and Steve Sommers, and more recently your Friday and Saturday night show every weekend. However, I am not a trucker, but a high school principal and owner/operator of Grey Gables Farms located in northern Kentucky. I have several tractors and trucks, all which range between ten and sixty five years old. Recently, I have tried motorkote hyper lubricant in all of the motors, after hearing the advertisements and interviews with “Mr. Motorkote”, Ed Gibbs on WLW.Many times in these older gas and diesel motors I have experienced the engine running hot when pulled hard, and that they are hard to start due to the friction between the aging parts. They tend to “burn” oil and have significant power loss. I am pleased to inform you that since adding motorkote, I have noticed a considerable decrease in the engine operating temperature. I have also had quicker starts, and an increase in power and performance, which frankly in these old motors is amazing!I also have used the fuel optimizer, and can see a significant reduction in fuel consumption especially in the diesel motors. I would highly recommend the use of motorkote products to anyone for any motor use. Heck, I even use it in my

Harley Davidson! I look forward to your new spray product to be available to the public soon, and will no doubt throw away my WD-40 and replace it with Motorkote spray on lubricant.
Sincerely,

Tim W. Hitzfield

Petersburg, KY…
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:35:34 PM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »

Some of you have heard of "BOB IS THE OIL GUY"

What he says about (It) over other products: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=265453
Date code of article: #265439 - 05/11/03 01:41 AM  Motor Kote (works)

Quote:  it is clear that Motorkote reduces friction and increases lubricity, therefore increasing gas mileage and horsepower. David E. Persell, Ph.D. Inventor and President of Motorkote, Inc. says "Motorkote 100® dramatically reduces friction; if you reduce friction you reduce heat; if you reduce heat you reduce wear."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:01:48 PM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »

From Mobil site: https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-v-twin-motorcycle-oil

This Oil is the Best Yet ................
June 6, 2015
4 / 54 / 5
Recommended product
I have a 2015 Street glide special and I was looking for oil for my new Harley . So I called several places and then i called Mobil 1 tech support and I spoke to a tech and the tech assured me that I would be very pleased with this oil . I also asked if i could run the oil in the transmission and primary . The tech checked and said yet . So I picked up the oil and changed the oil my self . I am pleased with Mobil 1 because i already run Mobil 1 in my Corvette . I will only need 1 oil only for ever thanks for the information and great product .

Great oil and runs cooler.
May 17, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
I have switched from harley synthetic oil to mobile 1 synthetic. Quieter,runs cooler and cheaper. So much for harleys mark up on their products. I will be changing my softail to mobile 1 also just like my street glide. Thanks mobile 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made a change
May 8, 2015
4 / 54 / 5
Recommended product
I ride a 2013 FXDC and have always used Mobile 1 V Twin 20w-50. This oil is an excellent product but I have decided to try Mobile 1 Racing 0w-50 (not the 4T). The reason for this is all HD`s Twin Cam engines run independent from the clutch or transmission just like a automobile engine without the liquid cooling, so why not take advantage of the "friction modifiers" that are added to the Mobile 1 Racing oil but not present in the Mobile 1 V Twin oil. The fact that you can run Mobile 1 V Twin 20w-50 in all three holes because you need some friction for the clutch to work properly has led me to try the Mobile1 Racing oil for my engine only. I still will be using the V Twin oil for the primary and transmission. Air cooled Twin Cams run hot. These "friction modifiers" should help keep wear and tear down inside my engine better than oil without them.
Please understand, I am not trying to start a debate here. All Mobile 1 products are of excellent quality and the only oil I will ever use. This is just a personal choice that I have decided to make.

Excellent Product
April 16, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
I decided to do my own oil change this year, after reading reviews, I chose Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50. I must say it does wonders in quieting down the mechanicals and results in much easier starts. Very pleased with this product and will change one more time just before my ride to Sturgis this year! 2013 FLSTC.

Switched to Mobil 1 at first service!
March 16, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
I have a 2013 H-D Ultra Classic with the 103 V-Twin and switched to Mobil 1at the first 1000 mile service. I immediately notice a reduction in engine heat in this air cooled motor and also used on the transmission and primary. Neutral has never been easier and the transmission oil looks like it was never used. Mobil 1 is cheap insurance and I like the convenience of using one oil in "all 3 holes". I keep a spare quart on hand though my bike never needs topped off. I'm a believer and my much cooler bike agrees.

Best Oil Ever For VTwin
January 21, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
I have ran Mobil 1 20W50 in all my bikes. Makes engine run smoother, cooler and more power. Wont use anything but the best in my Ironhorse Slammer. Thanks Mobil 1!!!!

My Harley Engine runs quieter
January 8, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
Switched over to this after initial 500 miles on my 2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide. Immediately noticed the engine ran quieter. Typically these push-rod motors have a lot of mechanical noise. It was noticeably quieter and ran smoother after I switched to the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50.
Also run it in the primary case.

Amsoil test results page: http://www.amsoil.com/performancetestarchives.aspx

A Study of Motorcycle Oils - Second Edition (G2156)
A Study of Motorcycle Oils (G2156)

FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:30:59 AM »

Jack, you're talking to yourself ^ .

And while some (most) may have wondered if you had some stake in the product to begin with there is less and less doubt with each passing solo effort.  Also, please don't think more attention will be drawn by some "argument" or debate about your efforts here as, like the newborn babe, I am "outta here."  :drink:

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »

Jack, you're talking to yourself ^ .

And while some (most) may have wondered if you had some stake in the product to begin with there is less and less doubt with each passing solo effort.  Also, please don't think more attention will be drawn by some "argument" or debate about your efforts here as, like the newborn babe, I am "outta here."  :drink:

thanks for the beer dude, coffee was starting to suck  :2vrolijk_09:
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 01:22:07 PM »

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/265453/5
Quote:
Here is what the company emailed to me.

MotorKote contains highly refined Rhein Chemie additives. and no
clorinated, sulfide, molybdenum or halogenated compounds.
It beats all other additives using these mixtures and compounds.

Also try this link for their base compound
http://www.rheinchemie.com/rc.nsf/id/LubricantIndustry_AM_EN?open&cfm=am

http://www.rheinchemie.com/rc.nsf/id/AddAWDia_EN
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »

http://www.rheinchemie.com/lubricant-oil-additives/about-lubricant-additives?lang=en

Included in the information below:
With more than 60 years of experience in development and production, the Lubricant Additives Business Line has in-depth expertise in the area of lubrication additives. It is therefore one of the leading producers worldwide of low-odor high-pressure additives for metal working fluids and is one of the most experienced producers of anti-wear additives.

Quote:
About Lubricant Additives

Under the brand name Additin®, the Lubricants Additive Business Line offers a comprehensive product line of additives and additive packages for industrial lubricants and greases.

Lubricants and lubricating greases are complex functional elements for use in the most varied applications in industry and transportation.

Examples of applications are metal working fluids in component production for the automotive industry, gear and hydraulic oils for the operation of construction machinery and rolling oils for steel production.

The most important functions of lubricants are reducing friction and wear, transporting heat and energy and protecting materials against corrosion. These properties are ensured by a balanced formulation of additives and base oils. In addition to constantly rising demands on the performance and energy efficiency of additives, environmental compatibility and biodegradability play an ever more important role.

With more than 60 years of experience in development and production, the Lubricant Additives Business Line has in-depth expertise in the area of lubrication additives. It is therefore one of the leading producers worldwide of low-odor high-pressure additives for metal working fluids and is one of the most experienced producers of anti-wear additives.

In addition to single additives, ready-formulated additive packages play an important role for end customers. With these high-tech products, the Business Line offers their customers the certainty of being able to cover all technical requirements of the most important international standards and specifications with one single additive package.
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 01:48:27 PM »

I am not without controversy: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=10.400
I HAVE $5000 THAT SAYS I CAN DO IT AGAIN HOIST !

Still being read today with 5908 reads on a thread that was locked up March 15, 2009, 11:09:33 AM
by naitram

Pg 21 of 34:  Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer

Last reply in this thread worth reading:
Sorry Jack I will keep my 100 for my next Vegas trip better odds on slots. I have 19,000 on my 07 and although I haven't tried this I wouldn,t be surprised too have it happen. Not enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I have been crusing along and went WFO and felt the rear tire break loose. My first rear tire was smooth as a baby rear end after 6700 miles tech walked by and asked if that bike so bad you have to run slicks on it? I said nope it so bad it makes slicks. It is the baddest Harley I ever had or ridden and I have had 5 Two 80 inchers with major work! You know what they say a fool and his money will soon be parted.

Thank you to hdhawg1340 for that input from a Newbie no less (back in the day).

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:55:40 AM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 02:24:26 PM »

My point is Gentleman & Ladies,

I have found the Holy Grail of the least expensive Item you can purchase for your Bike,
with the Maximum amount of Effect.  And you can put it in anything else too.

MOTORKOTE will:
Protect your lubricated parts better than anything else available for the money. (Germans, they make good stuff.)
Give you more horsepower.
Give you more fuel economy.
Give you a whole new power band, one that is more useful and user friendly.
Give you a cooler running Bike.

Some people will never put anything in their Oil or elsewhere.  They are usually the first to deny anyone's benefits including Yours !

Some people have no or will soon have no Warranty protection.

Some people have too much money and could care less about the cost effects to others.

$20 for Syn3, are you kidding me, better oil @ half the price out there.

H-D hourly labor rates are not going down people.

I did most all the homework for those who are interested.......J

FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »

Is this a vendor post?  I am kind of confused about the posts. :nixweiss:

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »

Is this a vendor post?  I am kind of confused about the posts. :nixweiss:

No Charles, it is not a vendor thread.  We know it's not because such things are supposed to be self declared and this one was not.  So it can not, possibly, be a vendor thread.  It is, instead, a masturbation thread; i.e., it feels good going on about it all alone so he just keeps right on stroking.  I admire his stamina.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 05:58:33 PM »

No Charles, it is not a vendor thread.  We know it's not because such things are supposed to be self declared and this one was not.  So it can not, possibly, be a vendor thread.  It is, instead, a masturbation thread; i.e., it feels good going on about it all alone so he just keeps right on stroking.  I admire his stamina.

Thank you Don.  I get it now.  Masturbation and lube they go hand and hand (pun intended).  And I thought this thread was about nothing.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 24 queries.