Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: rumored 120 horse indian motor's likely impact on CVO mkt  (Read 6049 times)

mark

Re: rumored 120 horse indian motor's likely impact on CVO mkt
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2019, 10:57:35 PM »

Yes, St. Simons is a hidden coastal gem. Coastal living w/o the tourist, high rises, and crowds.  Next time you're here, try the Sapelo Crow, across from the Demere/Frederica traffic circle.  Also, Southern Living's best BBQ place, Southern Soul, is here too...on the other side of the traffic circle.

If you can swing the coin, the Ocean Lodge is a great place to stay too.  King & Prince isn't bad either. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 10:59:28 PM by Mark »

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2019, 08:37:49 AM »

While you are correct don't think for a minute they are perfect either. Two in our Rolling Thunder chapter and to hear them talk I'll stay with HD.

111 Engine Failure: https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/thunderstroke-111-failure.261252/

https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/first-round-of-problems-with-the-chief-your-experiences.20655/

The following is an entry in that forum thread mentioned above by the original poster. Now would Harley or one of their dealers act this way??

OK tribe, here is the latest on getting my Chieftain back on the road.

Last week I received a call from Susie (Service Manager at Arlen Ness Motorcycles) advising me my new Thunderstroke 111 had arrived! Much earlier than anticipated! Installation began on Tuesday, August 7, 2018, and due to high workload they expected it to be ready in three or four days. Well, late Tuesday, Susie called to advise me of a problem, asking if I ever re-positioned my handlebars, as they were so low turning them would cause the switch clusters to hit the gas tank.

She stated there was damage to the tank due to the position of the handlebars. I informed her I had not changed the handlebars at all, and the damage may have occurred during the bikes transport to the dealer on July 6, 2018. The bike was towed by Indian Roadside Assist, arranged by the dealer. When the bike was being strapped onto the flatbed tow truck I espressed my concern over his fixing his tie-downs to the handlebar grips. He advised this is how his company wants it done! So, I took many photos of my bikes perfect cosmetic condition before he towed her away.

NEVER LET ANYONE STRAP YOUR BIKE DOWN BY AFFIXING THE TIE-DOWNS TO YOUR HANDLEBARS/GRIPS!

This damage was not noticed by employees at Arlen Ness Motorcycles, as it was not noted on the inspection sheet.

Concerned, I drove 2.5 hours each way to see the damage myself. I must say it was great seeing my bike after more than a month, even though it was mostly stripped down completely! The damaged tank consisted only of a deep scratch about two inches long on the top left side of the tank. Their paint guy was called and arrived only to say he could not do a spot repair, and recommended a new tank.

Now I’m thinking its going now to be up to me to determine who did the damage, the tow company or an employee at Arlen Ness! Thinking I’m going to end up paying for a new tank out of my pocket. Susie advised she would look into how the damage occurred and call me. I drove home.

Susie called and informed me she had spoken with Stephen ( my claim guy at Indian) and it was decided a new tank would be overnighted at a shipping cost of $ 250, making it possible for my bike to be completed by Friday afternoon.
Susie advised she could not determine whether or not it was one of her employees who did the damage, so she would take full responsibility for the damage.

Now friends, sorry for the long post, but, I just wanted to let everyone know that Indian Motorcycles stands strong behind their warranty, supporting their customers, and that my dealer, Arlen Ness Motorcycles 6050 Dublin Blvd. Dublin, California really work hard at making their customers happy! I should note that Susie, and her husband Tim (my bikes mechanic) have worked at Arlen Ness for over 20 years! He is doing a great job installing my new motor, and I could not be happier with the way they have handled my warranty work! If you are ever in the area, please stop by Arlen Ness Motorcycles and give them some business!

Spiked Olive

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »

T-Roy,
That s a great point. Customer service is everything. It can turn a bad situation in to a positive. HD could learn from that. I’m a little biased as I just am not a fan of Indian, and frankly HD is not feeling enough pain yet to change or improve policies.

Ride safe

Spiked Olive

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »

Yes, St. Simons is a hidden coastal gem. Coastal living w/o the tourist, high rises, and crowds.  Next time you're here, try the Sapelo Crow, across from the Demere/Frederica traffic circle.  Also, Southern Living's best BBQ place, Southern Soul, is here too...on the other side of the traffic circle.

If you can swing the coin, the Ocean Lodge is a great place to stay too.  King & Prince isn't bad either.

Thanks Mark. Ocean Lodge looks great. The prices are not bad at all, just finding dates available seems to be an issue. Out of four we tried only October was open! Popular place.

I have a question for you. My Dad and stepmother were down there in the 90’s on business. They found a church that had amazing stained glass windows. When we told them we visited they asked if we saw the church. Do you know which one that would be?

Mark

mark

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2019, 01:36:01 PM »

Thanks Mark. Ocean Lodge looks great. The prices are not bad at all, just finding dates available seems to be an issue. Out of four we tried only October was open! Popular place.

I have a question for you. My Dad and stepmother were down there in the 90’s on business. They found a church that had amazing stained glass windows. When we told them we visited they asked if we saw the church. Do you know which one that would be?

Mark

The most famous church on SSI is Christ Church on the north end, near Ft. Frederica.  Lots of tourist go there...that has to be it.  Check out their website, it shows the windows.  Link below:

https://ccfssi.org
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 24 queries.