Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Massachusetts HD Mechanic needed  (Read 578 times)

MASS Guy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Massachusetts HD Mechanic needed
« on: May 04, 2019, 07:40:59 AM »

First time on a message board and I'm not very IT or internet savvy, so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot. I've learned so much on this by reading through the posts on the compensator issue with HD.  I think this is what is going on with my HD 2010 Electra Glide Classic.

Huge clanking happening off and on when starting.

My biggest question is can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the Boston area or surrounding area that I can use. I just bought the HD used and need to establish someone to service and fix this.

I have not owned Harley and have been off 2 wheels for over 15 years since I got married and had 10 kids (only 4 but feels like 10 financially) Any way I'm a real novice when it come to Harley.

Not allot on internet about great shops around me. I have the dealers in Boston and Brockton. But there seems to be mixed bag of feed back on them from a service perspective. But again I don't know.

Secondly how can I determine on this model flhtc Electra glide classic 1584 cc if the shaft needs to be machined to fit the Baker compensator ? I may not understand that exactly however trying to avoid

Is the Baker the best way to go ? Seems to be mixed opinion on this.

really appreciate the help !! sorry for long post

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Massachusetts HD Mechanic needed
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 07:41:56 PM »

Mass Guy,

If travel to Gardener Ma. is not to far for you Rob's Dyno Service has a great mechanic working there. Price wise the same as any dealer however the mechanic Dan Cantor is a very conscientious and meticulous wrench. I have both of my bikes serviced there and Rob has even picked up my 09 SERG when I got stranded on Cape Cod one night.

Bostonboy 

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 24 queries.