Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Have a Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 6595 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 06:40:07 PM »

Congrats on the acquisition Bill.  Hope it becomes a sweet ride for you.  Next time we blast a quick 600 miles in 45 degree weather on the highway together the red bike will follow behind it's Ultra big sister.  Hope the new ride is everything you want it to be.

Thanks...just to warn you, I will be talking to you about accessorizing!  I will be going with the Garmin 2730 probably and will need to talk mounts...and then there is this amplifier that you installed...I wonder if the Amp under the Tourpak is 4x40 and can be bridged to 2x80 for the rear speakers then use the Hawg-Wired setup up front for a 310watt setup?  Then there is the installation of tassles!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 06:43:07 PM »

Man, I hadn't even considered the 'sand' and 'salt' on the roads up your way, Bill.  That's gotta be nasty.  Like the extreme low temps aren't bad enough, they've gotta add 'hazards' for bikes.   [smiley=shocked2.gif]  arrrrrrrgh  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 06:46:31 PM »

Man, I hadn't even considered the 'sand' and 'salt' on the roads up your way, Bill.  That's gotta be nasty.  Like the extreme low temps aren't bad enough, they've gotta add 'hazards' for bikes.   [smiley=shocked2.gif]  arrrrrrrgh  spyder

Our black Tahoe is white right now from the trip up to Schenectady.

After they sand and salt, I wait for at least one good raing to wash the salt away...the sand starts to build up such that by Mar/Apr when you bring the bike out you do not take turns on to side streets at speed otherwise you will be sliding in a Street Dune!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2005, 06:52:23 PM »

Thanks...just to warn you, I will be talking to you about accessorizing!  I will be going with the Garmin 2730 probably and will need to talk mounts...and then there is this amplifier that you installed...I wonder if the Amp under the Tourpak is 4x40 and can be bridged to 2x80 for the rear speakers then use the Hawg-Wired setup up front for a 310watt setup?  Then there is the installation of tassles!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Give a shout anytime.  The 2730 looks really sharp.  But with your new bike's XM built in that function of the 2730 will be mostly redundant (except the traffic thing).  Since the mapping doesn't seem to be distinctively different from its siblings that might be a place to save a few bucks  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  An easy, quick, inexpensive, effective and cheap mount is no problem though.  Will round up the part numbers for what you saw on the red bike.

Will have to look at the schematic I found for the rear mounted amp.  First thought is bridged to rear only will be a problem because of the way its design integrates it in to the entire system.  Will find the cheat sheets later though and let you know what it looks like.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 06:54:17 PM »

Thanks!  The 2730 would be so I can move it between the Truck and Bike instead of buying the Eclipse unit for the truck as I need that money for other SEUC accessories.  So the cheap side of me (Yes, I can still be cheap!) refuses to pay XM for 3 units when I can get away with 2 (I have a Roady that is now in my wife's Tahoe)

Cool  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Give a shout anytime.  The 2730 looks really sharp.  But with your new bike's XM built in that function of the 2730 will be mostly redundant (except the traffic thing).  Since the mapping doesn't seem to be distinctively different from its siblings that might be a place to save a few bucks  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Will have to look at the schematic I found for the rear mounted amp.  First thought is bridged to rear only will be a problem because of the way its design integrates it in to the entire system.  Will find the cheat sheets later though and let you know what it looks like.

KXL

• Junior CVO Member
  • Damn -- Another Mid-Life Crisis !!
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 07:33:17 PM »

Bill,

Congrats !! That is one sweet Thanksgiving dessert. Stopped in and saw it in person today Looks awesome !!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Was surprised to see a watermelon there also.

Best of luck with it.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2005, 07:40:48 PM »

Bill,

Congrats !! That is one sweet Thanksgiving dessert. Stopped in and saw it in person today Looks awesome !!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Was surprised to see a watermelon there also.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks!  I saw the watermelon there also and for me, there was no comparison, I'll take the lump of coal over the fruit any day...not to put down watermelon owners, It is just not my cup of juice.

/Bill

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2005, 08:41:35 PM »

Thanks!  Now I get to pick it up in the next couple of weeks...and watch it SIT UNUSED while there is sand and salt on the gound...but with the heated seat and grips it will have to come out and play once or twice over the winter as weather allows!

/Bill
[smiley=ROFLOL.gif] Oh Damn, I didnt think of that !! Sorry didnt mean to LOL
But indeed you got it and thats the great news bro !!
Hey with all the heated stuff it must have come with Screaming Eagle Skis??
Sunny and warm will be here before to long and you'll be loving it.
Good for you and looks like you'll be riding to Cripple Creek with all the goodies and comfort.
Mark
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2005, 10:56:16 PM »

On the subject of Thanksgiving, anybody here have a "Turducken"? I was watching this thing on food network (before anybody wonders it was one of those times when better half got the remote before me  :-[) and they were talking about this combination of filleted Turkey, Duck, and Chicken. Now for those non-believers check this website out http://www.hebertsmeats.com/ I'm seriously considering trying one for Christmas. If anybody has had one and can give me some feedback it would be appreciated.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2005, 11:25:03 PM »

On the subject of Thanksgiving, anybody here have a "Turducken"?  I'm seriously considering trying one for Christmas.  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
You throw a quail and a goose in there, and you've got any potential 'bird-flu' covered.  [smiley=ons_5.gif] Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2005, 11:27:11 PM »

On the subject of Thanksgiving, anybody here have a "Turducken"? I was watching this thing on food network (before anybody wonders it was one of those times when better half got the remote before me  :-[) and they were talking about this combination of filleted Turkey, Duck, and Chicken. Now for those non-believers check this website out http://www.hebertsmeats.com/ I'm seriously considering trying one for Christmas. If anybody has had one and can give me some feedback it would be appreciated.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

I believe John Madden used to have them on the Thanksgiving day Football game.  On a large turkey he added 2 duck leges and 2 chicken legs.  He used to give the legs away to the Game's MVPs, and split the Turducken with them. It was my understanding that he coined the name Turducken.  He always went on about how delicious they are.  I actually missed him and the Turdicken this year since he went to Monday Night Football.  Now they have some stupid metal running turkey trophy.

Anyway, it's supposedly quite tastey.   [smiley=chinese.gif]
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2005, 06:07:49 AM »

You throw a quail and a goose in there, and you've got any potential 'bird-flu' covered.  [smiley=ons_5.gif] Har!  spyder
Don't forget the squab.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2005, 09:31:50 AM »

I believe John Madden used to have them on the Thanksgiving day Football game.  On a large turkey he added 2 duck leges and 2 chicken legs.  He used to give the legs away to the Game's MVPs, and split the Turducken with them. It was my understanding that he coined the name Turducken.  He always went on about how delicious they are.  I actually missed him and the Turdicken this year since he went to Monday Night Football.  Now they have some stupid metal running turkey trophy.

Anyway, it's supposedly quite tastey.   [smiley=chinese.gif]

I had remembered seeing the ones you speaking of on Thanksgiving that John Madden had. Silly looking bird with about a half dozen legs. However this particlar bird doesn't have the extra legs, and they made it sound really tasty. Picture below...

Oh man, never thought about that  :( Now you have aroused some concern, but heh, hasn't it been said that we (that ride on two-wheels) are crazy and take risks anyway?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 10:04:14 AM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2005, 10:16:15 AM »

Man, That looks like the Bullfrog we got out of Billy Freds pond after Granny fixed er up for Jim Bob's Birthday! [smiley=zroflmao.gif] [smiley=zroflmao.gif] [smiley=zroflmao.gif] [smiley=wink.gif] [smiley=Vrolijk_8.gif] [smiley=Vrolijk_8.gif] [smiley=stunned.gif] [smiley=stunned.gif] ;) ;D ;D

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2005, 11:17:58 AM »

Looks like a deep fried tadpole.  I'm gonna barf.  Scuse me for a minute.  I'll be back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.