Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Only the well trained eye can tell the difference.  (Read 1665 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Only the well trained eye can tell the difference.
« on: March 19, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »

Can you tell from this actual unretouched photo, who is the NFL Defensive Tackle and who is his motorcycle instructor?  I know it will be difficult to tell, so take your time.

That's Fili Moala of the Colts. He's a new rider who recently bought a RoadGlide. I worked with him for a week out here in SoCal. He wears a 5XL Helmet.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: Only the well trained eye can tell the difference.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:22:57 PM »

Can you tell from this actual unretouched photo, who is the NFL Defensive Tackle and who is his motorcycle instructor?  I know it will be difficult to tell, so take your time.

That's Fili Moala of the Colts. He's a new rider who recently bought a RoadGlide. I worked with him for a week out here in SoCal. He wears a 5XL Helmet.

As well is should....Good News is he learned from one of the best and the and roads will be safer because of it...What an experience for YOU AND HIM!

Thanks!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »

Great job, Mark!  But who won the arm wrestling??  :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »

Great job, Mark!  But who won the arm wrestling??  :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:

Well I went and got help from six of my neighbors and we ended up in a tie.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 08:37:21 PM »

Good for you, and him. Another safe, well-trained rider on the roads.  :2vrolijk_21:
Al

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

Good job, another well trained rider gets ready for the best time in life, on two wheels.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 11:37:49 PM »

Wow, 5xl helmet. That is one big man right there  :huepfenlol2: Glad he got some good training and hope he stays safe out there.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 11:59:10 PM »

Wow, 5xl helmet. That is one big man right there  :huepfenlol2: Glad he got some good training and hope he stays safe out there.

I looked at the helmet and said told him he could cook two whole chickens in it.

A couple of months ago I a guy come to town and try and take the class at the last minute. He told me he needed a helmet, so I sent him to motorcycle row on Lincoln Blvd in the Marina. There is HD, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and two customs chopper shops all within a block or two. So I was shocked to find he couldn't find a helmet. Then I learned he had a 3XL head and was told by all the shops that anything over 2XL is special order. I wonder what the wait is for a 5XL. I also gave him contact info for Bates and Langlitz leathers. Those places custom tailor, and he's gonna need it 'cause their ain't no way he walking into a bike shop and buying cothes off the rack. 

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 02:49:27 PM »

Man, I always thought I had a big head!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »

Am curious Mark.  Given all the restrictions that professional athletes have on off-field activities were there any unusual waivers or other hassles to deal with to give lessons to the man?

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »

I looked at the helmet and said told him he could cook two whole chickens in it.

A couple of months ago I a guy come to town and try and take the class at the last minute. He told me he needed a helmet, so I sent him to motorcycle row on Lincoln Blvd in the Marina. There is HD, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and two customs chopper shops all within a block or two. So I was shocked to find he couldn't find a helmet. Then I learned he had a 3XL head and was told by all the shops that anything over 2XL is special order. I wonder what the wait is for a 5XL. I also gave him contact info for Bates and Langlitz leathers. Those places custom tailor, and he's gonna need it 'cause their ain't no way he walking into a bike shop and buying cothes off the rack. 

I think Ditch had a 5XL leather he was looking to part with. Right now being out of work, maybe Fili wouldn't mind a used jacket

B B

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 05:53:40 PM »

Am curious Mark.  Given all the restrictions that professional athletes have on off-field activities were there any unusual waivers or other hassles to deal with to give lessons to the man?

I asked him about the clauses. About being limited from skydiving, scuba diving, hang gliding, parasailing, zip line running, car racing or motorcycling. He said most agents don't do that because they realize that players like to have an enjoyable life away from the game. However the high profile, all about me, always in the news, bad boy jocks, their the ones who give the league, their team, and their agents headaches. Their the ones who end up with clauses. Out here in LA it's the same thing with celebs. Guys like Jay Leno, Tom Cruise, Stallone and them guys all ride bikes. Some like Stallone and Arnold have an "Entourage" for protection, but others just ride. It may give the studio and their agents fits, but it's a risk they are willing to take. Most celebs like full face helmets because they can hide from the paparazzi better.

Some pro athletes have clauses against playing in celebrity fund raisers or pick up basketball games. That's why they show up for the dinner and charity, but pass on the event. It's too risky for them to be banging elbows with street hacks. I'm probably wrong but I think back in the 80s during one of those made for TV "Battle of the NFL Stars" contests, Willie Gault of the Bears pulled a hamstring racing the 40 yard dash against Darrell Green of the Redskins. After that he never did one of those competitons again. I've probably got all the names and stuff mixed up, but you you know what I mean.

Mark

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »

Tell him if he gets traded to the Falcons give me a call and I'll ride with him.  I just hope we have a season next year.

2007 SERK
2008 FXDC 105th S/N 0001/2000
2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 09:44:46 PM »

Go Steelers Go...ya I still have not gotten over the loss. :'(

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 22 queries.