Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: www.harley-davidson.com WTF?  (Read 1545 times)

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
www.harley-davidson.com WTF?
« on: August 04, 2020, 05:20:08 PM »

Has anyone else noticed what a mess the Harley website has become?

1. Yellow must be the new black? Are we selling motorcycles or sneakers?
2. The endless spinning circle next to "Sign In" is cool but clicking "Sign In" does nothing. Result: if I search for parts I have to re-enter my VIN every time.
3. They really are pushing Balance Bikes which appear as a major category and also under Electric Vehicles. They must make a lot of money on Balance Bikes?
4. Under Future Vehicles you can see what looks like a V-Rod.  8)
5. Click on Owners Manuals and enter your VIN and, and, and, nothing happens the first time. Upon a subsequent attempt it asks for my Harley userid and password and then says my Harley userid is invalid. On the third time it accepts my Harley userid and then asks me to register a new service account as an individual: "You are a non business user of the site and are creating an account for non business purposes." WTF???
6. The HD-Connect page still works..."HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR H-D™ CONNECT SERVICE". Good luck with that.

Someone needs to Re-wire the web site. Or has it already been Re-wired and shorted out?

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: www.harley-davidson.com WTF?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 06:54:10 PM »

i am getting none of the 'problems' that you are getting. 

1.  not sure what you're talking about here, the only thing yellow i get is the new limited edition road glide special.
2.  no spinning circle.  if i click on sign in, it gives me a login page.  i don't have an account, so obviously i can't sign in.
3.  if you want to get really technical, they appear under 'future vehicles' too
4.  that looks nothing like a vrod, imo.
5.  if you click on 'owners' manuals' it will redirect you to the harley service information portal.  i already have an account, so i get none of the other stuff there you are experiencing.
6.  hd connect is still valid for owner's of the live wire.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 09:52:22 PM »

2. The endless spinning circle next to "Sign In" is cool but clicking "Sign In" does nothing. Result: if I search for parts I have to re-enter my VIN every time.
3. They really are pushing Balance Bikes which appear as a major category and also under Electric Vehicles. They must make a lot of money on Balance Bikes?
5. Click on Owners Manuals and enter your VIN and, and, and, nothing happens the first time. Upon a subsequent attempt it asks for my Harley userid and password and then says my Harley userid is invalid. On the third time it accepts my Harley userid and then asks me to register a new service account as an individual: "You are a non business user of the site and are creating an account for non business purposes." WTF???
6. The HD-Connect page still works..."HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR H-D™ CONNECT SERVICE". Good luck with that.

Someone needs to Re-wire the web site. Or has it already been Re-wired and shorted out?

Your last statement pretty much sums up my thoughts and feelings on the "new" site.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 11:48:02 PM »

maybe y'all need to delete the harley history and cookies from your browser?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

mark

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 11:50:14 PM »

On the white bike pictured above, how long is anyone going to last on that seat?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 12:52:33 AM »

1. Yeah it's yellow on the Home page Enter to Win deal.
2. Works ok for me.
3. At over $600 a pop they oughta be making some serious money.
4. Sorta kinda like a V-Rod but not exactly.
5. Doesn't recognize my VIN.
6. Probably leaving that in place for Back to the Future type time travel maybe.

HD has bigger problems than their website.  Agree it could use some improvement, have not found it to be that user friendly and that is for years now, not recent. The company is Haywired for the foreseeable future unfortunately.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 09:12:52 AM »

On the white bike pictured above, how long is anyone going to last on that seat?
Answer: NOBODY! because nobody will pay $13,000 for a bike that would sell for $7,000 if it was made by any other manufacturer.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 09:27:26 AM »

They are hoping someone will upgrade their seat for an additional $800.  That has been their playbook for the last 40 years.  :oops: :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 10:24:56 AM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »

Answer: NOBODY! because nobody will pay $13,000 for a bike that would sell for $7,000 if it was made by any other manufacturer.

Winner, winner taco dinner.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 12:28:42 PM »

1. Yeah it's yellow on the Home page Enter to Win deal.
2. Works ok for me.
3. At over $600 a pop they oughta be making some serious money.
4. Sorta kinda like a V-Rod but not exactly.
5. Doesn't recognize my VIN.
6. Probably leaving that in place for Back to the Future type time travel maybe.

Thanks isky!

1. That was the yellow I was talking about. I had to put sunglasses on to view the page longer than a few seconds.  8)
2. I discovered that when I removed my ad blocker for the Harley site, the sign in now works for me. I have attached a document that shows all of the ad trackers that Harley uses when you access www.harley-davidson.com. Wow! Harley really wants to know where we hang out!
3. Who knew that Balance Bikes are the MC riders future?
4. Sorta kinda was what I was thinking.
5. The VIN validation function is flaky. It works sometimes and fails others. Must be a moon phase issue?
6. That's it! It takes the recognition of time travel to understand how HD-Connect is going to connect us to the future. The LiveWire customers have a leg up on on this.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 02:02:12 PM »

Thanks isky!

1. That was the yellow I was talking about. I had to put sunglasses on to view the page longer than a few seconds.  8)
2. I discovered that when I removed my ad blocker for the Harley site, the sign in now works for me. I have attached a document that shows all of the ad trackers that Harley uses when you access www.harley-davidson.com. Wow! Harley really wants to know where we hang out!
3. Who knew that Balance Bikes are the MC riders future?
4. Sorta kinda was what I was thinking.
5. The VIN validation function is flaky. It works sometimes and fails others. Must be a moon phase issue?
6. That's it! It takes the recognition of time travel to understand how HD-Connect is going to connect us to the future. The LiveWire customers have a leg up on on this.

For years was hopeful HD would right their ship & set a better course.  That was several years ago.  Now am doubtful the company - in it's present form - will continue to stay afloat. Ripe for a buyout or a takeover. They have drifted much too far off course to even have an idea that they are still in the water much less move ahead.  Sad to watch a company like this sink, but unless they choose to address the real issues causing their failures, they are doomed.  At present they do not seem to have the ability to do that, even if they could recognize these issues, which so far they have not.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 07:40:00 AM »

Number one and number two on their "fix it" list or any other list for that matter should be:
1) Quality product
2) Customer service

Ya got one and two, the rest will fall into place.

As for the website, I visited yesterday for the first time in a few months to look at an owners manual for a bike I'm working on.  It's not the same site it was the last time I visited and not for the better.  Cost cutting has hit their innerweb...

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.