Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110 LEFT SIDE EXHAUST- More ristricted than right or not?????  (Read 3369 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: 110 LEFT SIDE EXHAUST- More ristricted than right or not?????
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 08:27:43 AM »

On my 2007 SERK and in the parts catalog, the left and right mufflers (US Catalytic) are different with different part numbers.

Here's my thoughts on the 70/ 30 exhaust unbalance.  If there were no crossovers then each side would have 50%.  If one side were to connect to the other with a Y configuration, and half of the rear cylindrer exhaust went left and half went right,  then one side would be about 25% and the other 50+25 or 75%.

Does that theory hold water?   :nixweiss:

Also, if the mufflers have indentations on the inboard side for the axle nut and the mounting bracket is always on top, there would have to be a left and right muffler. 
 ::) ::)

That's my thinking exactly. And, in our case, the junction of the crossover favors gases going to the right side due to the pipe is pointed that way to begin with. The left pipe acts more like an overflow device when the right side reaches capacity. I've got a short little anecdotal story in the PC -vs- SERT thread from several months ago which deals with the suction that occurs in the left pipe. You can read it here ==> Left Pipe Sucks!.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »

The 06/07 CVO baggers have catalyst mufflers the only difference is the part number which because of the AXLE indent has to have a left and right designation, I have removed the cats from several of them they are identical as are the baffles.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 01:36:35 PM »

Am I really reading this - is it still April 1st

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 09:06:11 AM »

I was searching for something else, and saw this picture. This shows that the HDI bikes definitely run a different restriction right and left. The exit on my pipes is identical L & R, not these.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 12:27:40 PM »

Chief, I had an exhaust system similar to your picture, it was an active exhaust off of a European machine, my 07 CVO came with these
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.