Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sert question  (Read 1216 times)

cvofatboy

sert question
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:25:37 PM »

i am trying to put a tune in my 07 cvo roadking and i am having some problems. the sert reads the ecm info, but when i try to put the tune in it starts and gets to 20% then errors out with this message: the ecm is not allowing access for programming. what causes this?? i bought the sert brandnew for this bike. any help would be appreciated. is the sert compatable with windows vista?

Also, do any of you know of a good map for this se-up: scremin eagle heavey breather(looks like the forcewinder), klock werks wfb header pipes(true dual) and hooker adj baffle slip-ons. on the hookers what is a good set-up as far as the baffles opening and closing?
thanks,

-cv

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: sert question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 02:15:45 AM »

There is no map for your combination that is built in.  Map 84 is the starting point.  Your going to need to get someone to give you one that is close or pay a tuner to make you a map.

In regards to the loading of the map / maps.  If it starts to load and quits its time to see the dealer.  Terry had one that ended up being defective or wasnt supposed to be sold, there was talk about there being some released that shouldnt have been.   Best to be safe than sorry.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DanR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE BLUE
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 02:21:46 AM »

I had the same problem trying to use Vista and program the ECM. Used a Laptop running XP and went right in. I think your problem is Vista, do you have access to a computer running XP

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 07:52:02 AM »

I had the same problem trying to use Vista and program the ECM. Used a Laptop running XP and went right in. I think your problem is Vista, do you have access to a computer running XP
How new is this SERT?  As stated there was a batch that was sold early this year that was bad...look at the part number on the label and see if it ends in the letter "F" or "G".  If it's an "F", it may be one of the bad batch SERTs and the software is not designed to work with Vista.  If it's a "G" model, the SERT is good, but not sure if the software is designed to work with Vista.  You'll need to talk to your dealer, if it's a "G" model.  I have an "F" model for my SEUC, but the tuner uses XP on his work station and it installed no problem on my ECM.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »

Does anyone know of the release date for the new SERT's. My bike is at the dealer's waiting now for about three weeks. And I was told they don't know when they will be out.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 12:14:12 PM »

Does anyone know of the release date for the new SERT's. My bike is at the dealer's waiting now for about three weeks. And I was told they don't know when they will be out.
Cobaltman managed to get hold of one from his dealer in Texas, so they may be starting to hit the shelves.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 25 queries.