Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: FXR HISTORY  (Read 290208 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: FXR HISTORY
« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2012, 02:09:15 PM »

FXRP-F

Welcome aboard.....and congratulations on your purchase.....how do you like them floorboards?

I read what you said about owning your 1994 FXRP, back in 2008 when I started this thread, (can you believe how time flies) I was posting any and all information that I had access to, just last week I purchased a 1993-1994 FXR FLHT Service Manual, and since doing research on floorboards this spring have come to realize that FXRP's were coming from the factory in both 1993 and 1994. I didn't know this in 2008.  

The FXRP's have had a resurgence with FXR owners recently (I would say in the last couple of years)....the nostalgia of the 13 items that are distinct on that bike such as, i.e.:

1) The Horn
2) The Fairing
3) The Siren
4) The Air Cleaner Description HARLEY DAVIDSON POLICE
5) The Hard Saddle Bags
6) The Lights
7) The Seat
8 ) The FXRP IGNITION MODULE  (Which By The Way Increases RPMS to 5,800 AND Has a Different Map)  I have one on my bike now.
9) Floorboards
10) Ignition Location
11) Center Gas Tank Console
12) The Apehanger Handlebars
13) Engine Crash Bar

CLICK HERE FOR A GREAT YOUTUBE VIDEO ON A RUNNING FXRP ALL DECKED OUT

Regards,

TIm
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:56:29 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »

APRIL 13th, 2010:
OVER 22,000 VIEWS ON THIS THREAD!

:jalapeno:

APRIL 29th 2012
OVER 56,319  VIEWS ON THIS THREAD!

:bananarock:

MAY 9th, 2013
OVER 78,710  VIEWS ON THIS THREAD!

:pepper:

Which tells us all that there is interest in these bikes....

I appreciate anyone offering more accurate information on anything posted, no matter how small as it will make this more valuable to us all!

Regards,

Tim

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:09:23 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXRP-F

« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »

The FXRP's have had a resurgence with FXR owners recently (I would say in the last couple of years)....the nostalgia of the 13 items that are distinct on that bike such as, i.e.:

1) The Horn
2) The Fairing
3) The Siren
5) The Hard Saddle Bags
6) The Lights
7) The Seat
8 ) The FXRP IGNITION MODULE  (Which By The Way Increases RPMS to 5,800 AND Has a Different Map)  I have one on my bike now.
9) Floorboards
10) Ignition Location
13) Engine Crash Bar

Well, I don't have 1,3,4,6,or 8.  My ignition module is set to 5800, but it's a Daytona V-Tech with a single fire coil.  The advance curve is set to a conservative 2 out of 10, probably due to high compression pistons.  (I'm discovering what I have little by little)  I believe my bars are stock, but I'd call them more of a buckhorn than apes.  My light pods are fitted with white sealed beams instead of the red and blues.  They are not adjustable, and as a result, do a dandy job of lighting up trees and ticking off approaching drivers when used as passing lamps.

Also, not all of the FXRPs were built with fairings.  They were also available with windshields only.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »

"....Also, not all of the FXRPs were built with fairings.  They were also available with windshields only...."

That is true, and that is why I didn't mention windshields....lol they aren't SOOOOOOO SPECIAL.....lol.....I have a "windshield"....

Regards,

Tim

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »

What you did is pretty COOL for all of the owners of this model  :2vrolijk_21:  Good job

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2012, 11:57:00 PM »

Thank you, that's very kind of you.

It's exciting that there is so much interest in these bikes....at the end of the day all of us benefit from having an opportunity to learn more about these bikes if we are so inclined.

Regards,

Tim

jimfrance

• Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Dreams in Orange
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2012, 02:11:52 PM »

I bought a 1992 FXRP in March, it had been converted to more of the sport glide. I recently purchased the original faring, instruments, and (most of) the brackets. I'm trying to find pictures from the riders view of an FXRP fairing to help me put it back together. Any help out there?
Jim

2004 FLHTCSE orange/black
2002 FLSTF black 95cui stage II

FXRP-F

« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »

I bought a 1992 FXRP in March, it had been converted to more of the sport glide. I recently purchased the original faring, instruments, and (most of) the brackets. I'm trying to find pictures from the riders view of an FXRP fairing to help me put it back together. Any help out there?

I'll do what I can.  What did you need to see exactly?  Be sure not to ride without all the brackets installed.  The fairing won't hold up.

jimfrance

• Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Dreams in Orange
« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »

I just installed my FXRP fairing and had to lose my drag bars in the process. My reaserch says the stock handlebars are buckhorns so I mounted them and I've got no idea how cops rode with these. Aside of hating the hand position, the master cylinder bumps the stock windshield at full lock. As a long legged rider, my knees get in the way of these handlebars too. I'm thinking of getting an 11 inch windshield from Clearview to solve part of my problem. Any advice on some better bars to use with the stock risers?
Jim

2004 FLHTCSE orange/black
2002 FLSTF black 95cui stage II

FXRP-F

« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »

I just installed my FXRP fairing and had to lose my drag bars in the process. My reaserch says the stock handlebars are buckhorns so I mounted them and I've got no idea how cops rode with these. Aside of hating the hand position, the master cylinder bumps the stock windshield at full lock. As a long legged rider, my knees get in the way of these handlebars too. I'm thinking of getting an 11 inch windshield from Clearview to solve part of my problem. Any advice on some better bars to use with the stock risers?

My stock bars seem fine.  I have them tilted back just far enough to clear the windshield notch at full lock.  It's possible that your non-police seat is pushing you forward and making it uncomfortable.  I still don't see how your knees could get in the way of the bars though.  Maybe the buckhorns you have aren't the same as stock.  Something ain't right.

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2012, 10:52:34 PM »

Jim ..... looking at your photo, those buckhorn bars don't look like the stock buckhorns p/n 56081-82 that were standard on the EB bikes.  I'm probably not as tall as you are, but on 'ironbutt' type rides, the stock seat, and the stock buckhorns work well for me.  Did the original buckhorn FXRP bars have air?
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »

Tim .... in your list of the 13 differences in regular production and police models, # 8, combined with the then 'hot FXR cam (EV 3)' was the dirty little secret that light weight FXR riders kept to themselves .....  8)

Have you tried the FXRP seat?  I haven't, but they look like they might be comfortable
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2013, 12:55:22 PM »

FXRP-F

Welcome aboard.....and congratulations on your purchase.....how do you like them floorboards?

I read what you said about owning your 1994 FXRP, back in 2008 when I started this thread, (can you believe how time flies) I was posting any and all information that I had access to, just last week I purchased a 1993-1994 FXR FLHT Service Manual, and since doing research on floorboards this spring have come to realize that FXRP's were coming from the factory in both 1993 and 1994. I didn't know this in 2008.  

1) The Horn
2) The Fairing
3) The Siren
5) The Hard Saddle Bags
6) The Lights
7) The Seat
9) Floorboards
10) Ignition Location
13) Engine Crash Bar

CLICK HERE FOR A GREAT YOUTUBE VIDEO ON A RUNNING FXRP ALL DECKED OUT

Regards,

TIm

Don't forget:
14) Speedo face reads, "CERTIFIED POLICE".
15) Longer 13.5" shocks, jiffy stand and dual-disc brakes -- all same as -SP, RT and -CONV.
16) Heel/Toe Shifter
17) Radio Box  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:03:17 PM by JamesButler »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2013, 12:43:19 PM »

"...Tim .... in your list of the 13 differences in regular production and police models, # 8, combined with the then 'hot FXR cam (EV 3)' was the dirty little secret that light weight FXR riders kept to themselves .....  

Have you tried the FXRP seat?  I haven't, but they look like they might be comfortable..."

Lucille~

Actually no I have not tried an FXRP seat.  Personally....I like my FXR3 seat on my FXR2 perfectly.  I haven't even ridden the bike with the original FXR2 "Badlander" seat in years, however I still have it.

The FXR3 seat is absolutely perfect and one of the best options they ever produced for the FXRs.

Over 74,400 viewings MARCH 20th, 2013, should probably hit 100,000 next year....that's amazing for this little THREAD!  I hope all have enjoyed it.....  :bananarock:

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:57:33 AM by FXR2evo99 »

CMS

« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »

Nothing short of great work here.  I ride a 1995 Bad Boy FXSTSB.  While this is a good "me" bike I started looking for a good "we" bike and am thinking of an FXR.  What I cant discern is if there is any difference between the first gen or the second gen (99-2000) in the ride or handling?  Will either bike work well as a two up?  My FXSTSB rides too hard for my wife.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.