Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ESP renewal  (Read 2578 times)

Dirt

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Elc Orange/ Black
ESP renewal
« on: July 08, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »

It is time to renew my ESP for my 2012 CVO Ultra and I hear different dealers charge different prices what should I be paying for a 5 year plan as I plan on keeping the bike . Thanks in advance Dirt

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

Re: ESP renewal
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 04:30:05 PM »

How many miles you got? No matter where you get it, the ESP is only good to 75k.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 05:58:57 PM »

How many miles you got? No matter where you get it, the ESP is only good to 75k.
You can only renew the H-D sponsored ESP if you bike has under 75k when it is eligible for renewal.  I think that is 60 days before expiration but not certain of that.  So you cannot renew early and if you have over 75k when otherwise eligible to renew you cannot renew at all with the H-D sponsored plan.

However, Jim Palmer at Boardtracker H-D http://www.discountesp.com/ will write you a Cornerstone ESP contract before your H-D ESP ends even if you are over 75k.  That is what he confirmed to me a year or so ago.  Don't think that has changed but he can confirm.

In any case, under or over 75k I think I'd go with his Cornerstone ESP over the H-D one because it is much less expensive.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Dirt

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Elc Orange/ Black
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »

I only have 20,000 on the bike

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »

Plan on adding two more years to my ESP. My selling dealer quoted me $1450 that is without a wheel and tire warranty. How much of a discount is reasonable to expect? How much profit does the dealer has in one of these plans?
            Just to be clear I have no interest in the wheel and tire warranty just the basic powertrain and electronics. As always thanks to everyone on this website for your thoughts.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 02:26:56 PM »

since the restrictions have been placed on selling the esp's, i doubt you're going to find much difference between your local dealers.  at least on renewal.  if they can discount the esp to get you to buy it when you're buying the bike, they'll go for that, but on renewal, you either buy it or you don't.

best bet is to go with discountesp.com  it won't be the harley cna one, but it will be a reputable product.  most dealers will accept it, but if the one you are at doesn't, then you just have to pay with your credit card and get reimbursed.  but.... don't forget to call to get preauthorized first!
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 03:41:32 PM »

i just renewed for 3 year with wheel and tire for $1950.00 i have a 2014 ultra with 61,000 miles

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 24 queries.