Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Apehanger help  (Read 1327 times)

Rjs09gtr

Apehanger help
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:01:07 AM »

I have a set of 16" apes for my '13 cvo breakout, but I'm having trouble finding a wire extension kit, since our bikes have cruise control. I've managed to ring everything else needed to complete the install, so it's killing me that I got some badass apes waiting to go on but no wire extension kit. Anyone have any info that could help me? It'd be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Ron

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
Re: Apehanger help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:24:23 AM »

call hill country custom cycles
Jake

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »

Wire is wire, no need to use a specific wiring kit with color matched insulation.

That said, I do prefer to match the insulation colors just because that's the way it's done right.

Check out LA Choppers website. 

They have several wiring kits.  I doubt there is a kit specific to the BO, but I would pick up a kit for a newer bagger (07+, I think their kits say).  It's about $60, and the wiring colors should be the same.  HD uses the same wiring colors between bike families.  You'll probably have several extra wires, but that should get you pointed in the right direction.

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »

I have a set of 16" apes for my '13 cvo breakout, but I'm having trouble finding a wire extension kit, since our bikes have cruise control. I've managed to ring everything else needed to complete the install, so it's killing me that I got some badass apes waiting to go on but no wire extension kit. Anyone have any info that could help me? It'd be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Ron
Hi,  Hope this will help you, early topics by cvoharley members on    (Apes on Breakout) 
www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=84149.0 
www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=82218.0

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.