Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Re: Dyno Numbers  (Read 66271 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Dyno Numbers
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2007, 07:58:14 PM »

I have a quick question based on your dyno chart.

I know, I know, I shouldn't assume anything, but I'll go out on a limb on this one and assume the the more peaked bell curve in your dyno chart is for torque as that goes along with the legend stating torque on the right side of the chart.  That torque curve looks very peaky though.  The other upward to the right is the max power curve.

Torque is what a dyno records and hp is a calculation formula of torque and rpms.

That being said, ALL torque/power curves cross at 5250 rpms as a rule of this math formula.  Your chart shows that happening way down around 4,000 rpms.  I'm not sure how this can be.

I'll probably be going through all this later after my new '08 SERK gets in my hands.

Just thought I'd bring this up and see if anyone else has an answer for this.

Dan,

For some unknown reason, the dyno chart you referenced has unequal scales for torque and horsepower.  Not sure why some places do that, but normally the scales are equal and the torque and hp curves cross at 5252 rpm as the formula dictates.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2007, 09:50:08 PM »

Some dyno charts are set up differently than in the conventional manner. Just look at the scales on the chart and read it accordingly for Tq and HP. They always cross at 5252, as Jerry said, by formula, regardless how the charts are set up. Sometimes they're also plotted seperately. Don't worry about the appearance of the chart. Just look at the curve for each. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2007, 07:36:27 AM »

I'M JUST CHECKING MY OPTIONS.WHEN I PUT MY MUFFLERS ON D AND D PIPES WEREN'T OUT YET.I LIKE THE SOUND OF MY MUFFLERS AND D AND SOUND ALSO .I JUST BEEN LOOKING TO SEE IF NUMBERS FROM D AND D'S ARE INCREASED ENOUGH TO CHANGE.RIGHT NOW IT LOOKS TO CLOSE TO CALL.MY LOCAL HD SHOP IS MOUNTING A SET OF BORZILLA'S ON A 110 THIS WEEK  SO THAT MIGHT ANSWER FAT CAT OR BORZILLA'S CHOICE.LOL         GOOD LUCK   JDOFLHRIDER

boarzilla is too much pipe. you need 117 inch or more for it to work well. try the fatcat with quiet baffle for more power and a nicer exhaust tone, almost pleasant at cruise. another note, even tho you may see close numbers between other pipes and the fatcat, the bike with the fatcat spins up faster----hence quicker acceleration.

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2007, 11:12:31 AM »

Put a few miles on my bike yesterday and love the way it rides compared to before.  Just installed D&D Fatcats w/ quiet baffle, PCIII, SE 50MM, Throttle Body, SE 251 Cams, K&N AF.  See my Dyno attached.  I plan to get a better tune in the comings months...right now just going to ride.  Any advice to get better performance without too much $$ is welcome.  Thanks, Rich
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 11:17:04 AM by Rich07 »

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »

Put a few miles on my bike yesterday and love the way it rides compared to before.  Just installed D&D Fatcats w/ quiet baffle, PCIII, SE 50MM, Throttle Body, SE 251 Cams, K&N AF.  See my Dyno attached.  I plan to get a better tune in the comings months...right now just going to ride.  Any advice to get better performance without too much $$ is welcome.  Thanks, Rich

not much $$$$$? have you considered the 30 tooth motor sprocket?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2007, 09:34:30 AM »

I've already spoken to him about that. When he sees how my bike flies out of the hole, he'll be changing that sprocket right after Sturgis! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »

I like the way the bike comes off the line now compared to before.  In the near future I do not plan to use the 30 tooth motor sprocket but will make my mind up after putting a bunch more miles on the current setup.  It now has a significantly better low end torque curve and rides and feels great.  

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2007, 09:37:54 AM »

I've already spoken to him about that. When he sees how my bike flies out of the hole, he'll be changing that sprocket right after Sturgis! ;) Hoist! 8)

Howie, I did not get my work stuff completed and did not leave for Sturgis and will not be going.  Looks like I will miss "No Panties Wednesday" in Hullet.  R

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

Howie, I did not get my work stuff completed and did not leave for Sturgis and will not be going.  Looks like I will miss "No Panties Wednesday" in Hullet.  R

That's a bummer Rich. I know how you were looking forward to "Wednesday"! Maybe you want to take a ride up to the Adirondaks this weekend? After we ride together, you can start thinking about  that 30 tooth engine sprocket again! ;) Hoist! 8)

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2007, 10:03:46 PM »

Well here's my Dyno map. Very slight mods are as follow: SERT, SE Mufflers, SE A/C. Pretty plain, but it works for me. Any recommendations or comments are welcomed.

I didn't get a copy of the Air/Fuel ratio, but shop said it wouldn't print out in it's entirety. If anyone knows of a program out there that I could download, buy etc.. let me know. I would like to be able to print out the dyno sheet in full.
UglyJohn
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:13:13 PM by UglyJohn »
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2007, 11:48:42 PM »

I have a quick question based on your dyno chart.

I know, I know, I shouldn't assume anything, but I'll go out on a limb on this one and assume the the more peaked bell curve in your dyno chart is for torque as that goes along with the legend stating torque on the right side of the chart.  That torque curve looks very peaky though.  The other upward to the right is the max power curve.

Torque is what a dyno records and hp is a calculation formula of torque and rpms.

That being said, ALL torque/power curves cross at 5250 rpms as a rule of this math formula.  Your chart shows that happening way down around 4,000 rpms.  I'm not sure how this can be.

I'll probably be going through all this later after my new '08 SERK gets in my hands.

Just thought I'd bring this up and see if anyone else has an answer for this.

Dan,

This is simply an oversight by the tuner when printing out the dyno that your referencing.  The tuner did not click the box that forces the program to use force scale.  By not forcing the scale you notice that the left vertical column numbers do not match the right side vertical column numbers.  If they did you would see the lines intersecting at 5252.   If you  go along the dyno sheet and take numbers from it accurately and plug the numbers into this formula you see below you will see the numbers are accurate just the intersection of the lines is skewed due to the oversite.

(Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2007, 08:10:11 PM »

Freedom FCC 14SEC-07 Gear Drive 110" Rineharts True Duals, SE A/C
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2007, 08:12:21 PM »

110" Rinehart True Dual, HP Inc A/C, 58mm Throttlebody, Cycle-Rama Headwork, 595 Cycle Rama Cam

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2007, 08:37:42 PM »

some dyno software does not have forced scaling.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »

Rednectum,

In my case the forced scaling was specific to DynoJet Software as was the comment to the Dynojet dyno sheet that Dan questioned on the previous page.

Just curious which dyno software your referring to that does not have/utilize forced scaling?   

« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:16:22 PM by Unbalanced »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.