Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cruise Control Non-Functional 2004 SEEG  (Read 704 times)

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cruise Control Non-Functional 2004 SEEG
« on: September 03, 2023, 07:28:41 AM »

Has anybody ever run down issues and found the culprit to be the right handlebar control switch ?

That is about where I am at  to this point.

Just need to obtain said switch that appears to be on double secret back order.

Thanks.........

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cruise Control Non-Functional 2004 SEEG
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 12:48:48 PM »

Just for the hell of it open the clamshell so you can get at it better and spray the crap out of the switches with electrical contact cleaner.  Put a towel on the painted surfaces nearby just to be safe.  I've resurrected a few switches this way.

If you're still looking for the earlier switches (on/off or set/res) they've both been superseded  to -08 part numbers.  Just FYI. 

Drag Specialties also at least used to offer a kit with part number 0616-0126 that was radio and cruise control switches that would work.  More than you need but would work for an 04-05 SEEG and would supply both of the cruise switches.

For awhile Mother Harley didn't have a supersession to the -08 switches that they now show.  During that stretch once I used a 71752-08.  That's not the current on/off switch they show and I remember having to screw with something to make it work.  It's been a long time ago and I don't remember the specific witchcraft employed to use it.

If your problem is the on/off switch remember also that on and off is all that switch does.  Worst case you could (at least for now) pull those wires out of the handlebar and just hang a simple on/off toggle switch somewhere.  Lots of cars ran cruise control without a separate on/off switch and had the only "off" function as hitting the brakes. 

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 04:37:07 PM »

I have an 04 SEEG and the cruise wouldn’t hold so I disconnected the wires to the cable by the neck and it’s worked fine for the last 8 years.  Those wires control the roll off function of the throttle…easy enough to get used to just tapping the brake rather than using the roll off function to cancel the cruise control.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 04:54:52 PM by SIKBIRD »

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 08:00:24 PM »

I did the same when my 04 s quit working also.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.