Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Volunteer audio packages  (Read 853 times)

Paulgta

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Volunteer audio packages
« on: October 16, 2023, 09:18:51 PM »

Anyone get a package from these guys?   Prices seem a little high but looks like you get a complete plug and play system. There harnesses seem very well made and their videos are great.   Anyone have any input?   Looking to spend little over 2k just want to get a good result.   No one around here has hertz.  Is it an upgrade over our boom 2?

17 StreetGlide CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
Re: Volunteer audio packages
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 09:40:48 PM »

Not a package but I bought the SoundStream 14si head unit back in May. 3 weeks ago I purchased a Hertz amp and Infinity Kappa 6.5 speakers for my fairing. All came from Volunteer Audio, Great service and support as I had a few questions. All plug and play. It sounds twice as loud as the Boom II and 10 times cleaner. Next will be 6X9 for the rear bags on my 16' CVO Street Glide.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Volunteer audio packages
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 08:04:01 AM »

I just installed the Hertz SP 4.900 Amp along with the Precision Power 5 x 7 saddle bag lid speakers, all from Volunteer Audio. I had previously replaced the rockford fairing speakers with Hertz but not from Volunteer.

I am super pleased with the out come. Every thing is plug and play. I was finally able to get that amp out of my saddle bag. The power and clarity are amazing. I can easily enjoy my music at 90 mph and its not turned up all the way. IMHO I think Volunteers prices are reasonable. Top quality wire harnesses and Hertz makes good stuff. Now you have to get your stock radio flashed which can cost $ 150.00 to about $180.00 depending on where you do it.

Also I really like that HDHU head unit (no I don't have it). Seems like it does so much more than my stock GTS. But, BUT it has one major flaw in my opinion. It doesn't have a true GPS. Yes it has Apple car play and Android auto which are fine for navigation if, IF your near cell towers or not too remote. But if you are in the middle of nowhere with no cell service it's no Bueno. Also I use the Harley ride planner. Yes, I'm sure there may be other route planners out there that are better but I'm comfortable with the Harley ride planner. And I can plot a route and then transfer it to my bikes GPS. I can't do that with the HDHU head unit.

One last thing. I really like Volunteers customer service. I called them several times with questions about this or that before I made my purchase. Each and every time I was able to actually speak with a person, a very knowledgeable person that took time with me to answer my questions. In this day and age that's amazing. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.