Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New HD "BOOM" mic set  (Read 2416 times)

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
New HD "BOOM" mic set
« on: October 20, 2009, 04:49:24 PM »

Got the new "BOOM" mic/speaker set up with my 2010 SEUC.  There is a CD that came with it labeled ugrade VOX for MY 2006-2009, I'm wunderin if the 2010 is already updated (I doubt it) the bike came with the now obsolete headset, and I don't want to go backwards.  Any body have ANY experience with this new gizmo?
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
Re: New HD "BOOM" mic set
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »

Went to Harley website and checked the latest software version and then checked radio and it already had the updated software.
"ST10v8.22.0 and TMS320v8.19.0

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:06:47 AM »

Got the new "BOOM" mic/speaker set up with my 2010 SEUC.  There is a CD that came with it labeled ugrade VOX for MY 2006-2009, I'm wunderin if the 2010 is already updated (I doubt it) the bike came with the now obsolete headset, and I don't want to go backwards.  Any body have ANY experience with this new gizmo?

Opossum,

Sorry, I'm new to the touring line but am interested in how you like the "Boom" set-up.  I am in the market for a good bike-to-bike system so my wife and I can enjoy our longer trips a bit more.  Enjoy.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:36:58 AM »

Went to Harley website and checked the latest software version and then checked radio and it already had the updated software.
"ST10v8.22.0 and TMS320v8.19.0
RB,
How do ya check the version on the bike?  Newbie here and somewhat electronicly impared.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 02:00:06 PM »

This update is available in the link below that upgrades the software in this sound system to eliminate problems that owners have been encountering. Follow the prompts to the "advanced audio system" on the lower right of the screen to download the latest update for your system.

Here is the link...      

I have the instructions at home will scan and post here tonight. Try this link and that is how I found mine.
Good luck
Richard

http://www.harley-davidson.com/pr/mot/2006/06_template.asp?family=touring&modelsection=familypage&locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 02:02:03 PM by rbaker »

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 02:03:43 PM »

Get the latest software updates for the Harley-Davidson Advanced Audio system to make sure your system is operating at peak performance. You can bring your bike to the dealer to have the software updated or you can follow the directions below to do it yourself.

Follow these easy instructions to update the software for your Harley-Davidson Advanced Audio system. Once you download and copy the software update files to a CD, the radio does all the work.

Print out these instructions so you can take them with you as you work on your bike.

Check your current software version just to make sure that your radio software does need to be updated.

1.  Turn your radio on and select FM mode.

2.  Turn the ignition key switch to OFF.

3.  Press and hold any two soft keys (the numbered buttons on the face of your radio, see Figure 1) and then turn the ignition key switch to ACCESS.

4.  Continue to press the soft keys until "Diag Test" is displayed in the middle of the screen (see Figure 2).

5.  Press soft key 4, labeled "Software."

6.  Press soft key 6 to exit.

Two different software components are displayed. Each is followed by the letter "v" to indicate the version, such as "v7.4.0". If "ST10" is v8.21.0 or newer (2006-2009 models), you do NOT need to proceed with the software update, you will see no improvement in the VOX settings.

Your radio needs to read two files from a CD to perform the update. These files can be downloaded to your computer from this page and then you can write/burn them onto a CD.

Your computer must have a CD writer/burner and be loaded with an operating system of Windows 98 or newer. If you have a Macintosh computer, it must be running OS X. You must also have a ZIP file extraction utility. 

1.  Save the above ZIP file to your desktop or another location you will remember.

2.  Unzip the two update files (HD TMS320 8_19_0.upg and st10 tms320_bootloader_8_22_0.bin) and save them to your desktop or another location you will remember.

3.  Write/burn these two files to a CD (CD-R or CD-RW) in a standard format (HFS Plus/ISO 9660), iTunes (Audio CD), or MP3 (ISO 9660). Set your record speed down to eight or less and follow the instructions provided by your CD writing software.

4.  The CD is now ready to be used to update your radio software.

* Harley-Davidson is unable to provide technical support for file downloading or CD writing.

Now that you have the CD with the software update files, all you need to do is insert the CD into the radio and it will do all the work. Do not close the CD player door during this update. Note: Do not use this CD to try to correct an existing issue (such as a radio that currently has a blank screen).

1.  With your radio in FM mode, eject any CD you may have in the radio.

3.  Press and hold any two soft keys and then turn the ignition key switch to ACCESS.

4.  Continue to press the soft keys until "Diag Test" is displayed in the middle of the screen.

5.  Press soft key 5, labeled "Update."

6.  Insert the CD with your update files into the radio when "Insert CD" is displayed on the radio screen (see Figure 3). Do NOT close the CD player door.

The radio will automatically update the software. This process will take about seven minutes. A message will inform you of the progress of the update. The radio will power down and restart automatically twice during the update. If the CD appears jammed or will not eject, turn off the radio, turn the ignition key switch to OFF, pull the vehicle maxi-fuse, and wait five minutes before replacing the fuse. Try ejecting the CD again once power has been restored.

7.  After the radio has restarted for the second time, press soft key 6, labeled "Exit" to return to normal radio mode.

8.  Eject the CD from the radio.

Now that the update process has completed, verify that it was successful by reviewing the software version number on the radio screen.

1.  With your radio in FM mode, eject any CD you may have in the radio.

3.  Press and hold any two soft keys and then turn the ignition key switch to ACCESS.

4.  Continue to press the soft keys until "Diag Test" is displayed in the middle of the screen.

5.  Press soft key 4, labeled "Software."

6.  Verify the software version number is now "ST10v8.22.0" and "TMS320v8.19.0"

If the software version number does not display as expected, contact your local dealership for assistance.

7.  Press soft key 6, labeled "Exit" to return to normal radio mode.

Fits '06-later Touring models equipped with an Advanced Audio Radio. Optional components require some additional accessories. Intercom, High Output Sound System and Rear Speakers require rigid mount Tour-Pak luggage system.

All features and accessories are not available for sale or use in several countries outside the U.S. Specifications and availability may vary from market to market depending on local importation and registration laws. Please check with your local dealer for details. 

Sign Up For H-D E-mail  |  Legal Notice  |  Privacy Policy  |  DirectPay  |  We Care About You  |  Site Map 

© 2001-2009 H-D. All rights reserved.

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »

Richard,
OUTSTANDING!!!  Thank you so much for the help!
Ride Safe

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »

Richard,
OUTSTANDING!!!  Thank you so much for the help!
Ride Safe
We "citrus" people have to stick together. lol

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.