Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Glad I got the SKUNK, 2013's dont compare  (Read 7772 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Glad I got the SKUNK, 2013's dont compare
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »

Don't forget to post the pics when you get the bike Dave.  If you let us East Tennessee boys know when you go pick it up, we can meet you at SMHD and get a lookie see of the new scoot plus maybe a picture or two for the website... :nixweiss:

I am not a big RG fan but my buddy bought the second to last skunk that came through SMHD and I have to tell you, I really like that bike.  It turns heads and haven't seen many on our rides (seen quite a few of the Ruby Red SESG....they are the fastest, you know.. :bananarock: :bananarock:)  Anyway, the other Amigo in our group has the 1982 Tour Glide (with fairing removed) and he went ape over the Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald SESG.  If I can talk him out of another guitar, maybe he will come over to the dark side.... :bananarock:

To each there own, I'm not a street glide fan, Love the Road Glide.  I use to swear I would never ride one let alone own one.  A 200 mile ride on one, changed my mind for ever.  I have rented a street glide once, and rode my wife's street glide a couple times, just not for me.

Glad to be getting the King.  I use to swear when I moved to a touring bike it would be a King, but my first and second touring bikes were road glides.

I will let everyone know when it is due to come in, and when I plan to pick it up.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

I came real close to buying a Skunk, I do like that look.

But when I saw the 13 Orange and the extra features it has, It was the bike I had to have.

i am not dis-respecting anyones bike, but as my Lady said when she first saw it "That's the purrrrrdist bike on the Planet"
'"
'I asked my dealer how much, he said MSRP "done deal"
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

RANDY JAMES

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

I agree skunk. I love my new
Fudge sickle  :cucumber:

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 11:07:04 PM »

Got that right. 2012's were an instant hit. I don't think the '13s come even close to being as nice.

i agree.glad i got my woody.

SkunkyGlideShark

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »

No question. New colors look off to me. Good but off somehow. Too artsy maybe?

Frankcsal

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 09:19:10 AM »

I'll stick with my Skunk !!!!!
2016 CVO StreetGlide 1800 CC’S Color CRB CRY/PTM FLM

06cuse

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 01 FXDWG2 Traded to FlaHeatWave
    • CVO2: 06 FLTHCUSE 93k & Traded on a 10 FLHTK 73k traded on a Skunk
    • CVO3: 12 FLTRXSE Rollin Hard
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 08:59:12 AM »

Saw the 13's when they hit the floor ~ I'll be skunkin it till the next pearl white one hits the road ~ SemperFi
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »

X2 Big Johnson ......Love my maple every time I take it out and the sun hits it...I fall in love with it all over again. I do like the orange 13 but there's just something classy about the maple!!
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

Skuff

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2004 CVO Deuce
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 06:12:58 AM »

Me too my 2012 Maple CVO is way nicer colors than the 2013.

I also agree

SupDude

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »

I feel the opposite as most of you.  I love the look of the skunk in photographs but I was not as impressed in person (no offense to anyone).  My best friend has the 2012 Blue CVO Road Glide.  He ordered the Daymaker headlights and the saddle bag speakers for his bike.  Looks like he's trying to make it into the 2013.  I have a 13 Anniversary.  I like my bike because it's not too flashy and definitely the most "low-key" looking CVO.   Maybe it's just my personality but I don't like the attention I get when I'm on a flashy bike.   All that being said, color is subjective and we all have our preferences.  I feel lucky to have the Daymaker headlights and upgraded speaker system.  Other than that, there's really no difference between the 2012 & 2013 and I'd take either of them.

Just for the record, I've had a few flashy bikes in the past:
'

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:33:37 AM by SupDude »
2013 CVO Road Glide Anniversary

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »

I feel the opposite as most of you.  I love the look of the skunk in photographs but I was not as impressed in person (no offense to anyone).  My best friend has the 2012 Blue CVO Road Glide.  He ordered the Daymaker headlights and the saddle bag speakers for his bike.  Looks like he's trying to make it into the 2013.  I have a 13 Anniversary.  I like my bike because it's not too flashy and definitely the most "low-key" looking CVO.   Maybe it's just my personality but I don't like the attention I get when I'm on a flashy bike.   All that being said, color is subjective and we all have our preferences.  I feel lucky to have the Daymaker headlights and upgraded speaker system.  Other than that, there's really no difference between the 2012 & 2013 and I'd take either of them.

Well said SupDude,

It shows that all the colors and lines hit only a certain segment of the crowd. My wife and I are into the black and white color combo and now I have a Skunk and she has a Moo-Glide! Pretty much a monochrome world for us but I am glad that they are not for everyone otherwise I would see one on every corner.

I like the new DayMaker lights and will probably upgrade but on the other side I am bit skeptical of the saddle bag lid speakers because of the weight and bad hinges that I have had in the past. 

I am sure that if we each could choose our favorite parts of the last few years we would have a variety of bikes to look at.

However, IMHO, Skunks are da bomb! :bananarock:

SupDude

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »

I am bit skeptical of the saddle bag lid speakers because of the weight and bad hinges that I have had in the past.

I'm not so concerned about the hinges but I worry about somebody stealing them.  They're expensive, unique and I think it makes my bike somewhat of a target.  I have a set of Motherwell's saddle bag lid covers.  I haven't put them on the bike yet but I plan on covering them when I'm in a high risk area.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 10:55:14 AM »

Brukus locks will help keep your bags on the bike. I found they hold the bag far more secure (tight) in comparison to the OEM twist pins. It stinks loosing the little bit of space the speakers and amp takes up however I'm coming from aftermarket deep bags so the OEM bags are simply smaller regardless.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

SupDude

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »

Brukus locks will help keep your bags on the bike. I found they hold the bag far more secure (tight) in comparison to the OEM twist pins. It stinks loosing the little bit of space the speakers and amp takes up however I'm coming from aftermarket deep bags so the OEM bags are simply smaller regardless.

I have the Brukus locks.  It's the lids and speakers that I'm concerned about.  The Brukus locks don't help with the lids... but thank you for the recommendation.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 12:59:38 PM »

Guess I'm missing something as the lids lock to the bags. Pretty tough to steal a lid if it's locked, pretty tough to steal the entire bag when it's locked (something other than the OEM pins) to the bike.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.