Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Half of my High Beams has stopped illuminating - Anyone else had this issue?  (Read 1865 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Bring you all up to date I was able to get my bike in to service,  after discussing with my easy going service writer he encouraged me to drop it off and after a clear explanation of what the light does (turn on high then about 5 seconds later the element goes out)
Once that was verified and called into warranty it was fully covered. Like others say it is an headlight assembly not bulb issue, saved the price of slips ons just about.

Back to life as a happy camper.

Congrats on getting an otherwise expensive problem handled.   :2vrolijk_21:

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt

Bring you all up to date I was able to get my bike in to service,  after discussing with my easy going service writer he encouraged me to drop it off and after a clear explanation of what the light does (turn on high then about 5 seconds later the element goes out)
Once that was verified and called into warranty it was fully covered. Like others say it is an headlight assembly not bulb issue, saved the price of slips ons just about.

Back to life as a happy camper.

Good to hear.    At least 2 bikes with the identical problem.   Might mean a batch of bad lamps.   
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 24 queries.