Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HD Connect didn't last a year  (Read 1878 times)

Barmats

• Junior CVO Member
Re: HD Connect didn't last a year
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 07:39:54 PM »

Yes... I had posted it in another section and it got moved/merged to this post. Sorry for the dupe, I figured I probably wasn't the first to report it.
2020 CVO Limited

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 10:27:16 AM »

Yes... I had posted it in another section and it got moved/merged to this post. Sorry for the dupe, I figured I probably wasn't the first to report it.

No worries....

Glenncarp

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 09:04:33 AM »

Got this e-mail today......

Dear H-D Connect Subscriber,

We are writing to inform you of changes to the
H-D™ Connect service going into effect this calendar year. Details of the service changes are outlined below.

2020 Touring, Trike, and CVO™ models

Harley-Davidson is discontinuing the H-D™ Connect Service on 2020 Touring, Trike, and CVO™ bike models, which was included with your recent purchase of your Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. H-D Connect will be deactivated for all 2020 Touring, Trike, and CVO™ bike model users on August 31, 2020.

The discontinuation of H-D Connect will have no effect on your bike’s performance and all other features on your motorcycle will continue to operate normally

I asked my local dealer about this while there Saturday......I got the "Who pooped on my easter basket" look. They asked around and no one knew of this. Does not surprise me.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 07:48:22 AM »

I sent an e-mail about how unhappy I was that the service was discontinued--not that I had any intention of taking it past the free year...and it seems a lot of people had the same idea.This is what I got back....some corporate BS answer

Thank you for your feedback.  We appreciate that you found value in the H-D Connect Service.  We also thought it would be a popular feature.  Unfortunately, the subscription rates were very low, even with the first year being offered for free.  We had to make the business decision to end the service for Touring models.  Our terms and conditions state Harley-Davidson reserve the right without prior notice to discontinue models, parts and accessories, and other items or change specifications at any time without incurring any obligations.

spence

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2020 CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 09:47:23 AM »

If it wasnt such a PITA to sign up for maybe more people would have subscribed.  My dealership knew very little about it, took me a few hours on my own to figure it out.  Would think if Harley rolls out something new like this there would be some good training, and I guess there could have been but my dealership didnt know or get it.  Just one of the Haley frustrations we all deal with I guess.

Glenncarp

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »

If it wasnt such a PITA to sign up for maybe more people would have subscribed.  My dealership knew very little about it, took me a few hours on my own to figure it out.  Would think if Harley rolls out something new like this there would be some good training, and I guess there could have been but my dealership didnt know or get it.  Just one of the Haley frustrations we all deal with I guess.

My dealer did not know it was even being cancelled! I was worried that the app for the HD ride planner would also be going away, but then I realized the GTS system is so screwed up with the "updates" that now even their own ride planner does not properly transfer a planned ride to the GTS system. What a shame that everyone at HD has their corporate head up their asses.

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 01:55:41 PM »

I sent a letter to Jochen Zeitz, Harley CEO, regarding how upset I was that HD-Connect has been discontinued. I didn't receive a letter in response. Instead I received a call from the Heaven Hotline aka Harley Customer Support and I vented for about 5 minutes. My main emphasis to both Jochen and the support rep who phoned, was that Harley can no longer be trusted. Case in point: HD-Connect - introduce and promote the feature on the 2020 high end touring models and then de-commit before the model year has ended.

If HD-Connect subscriber rates were low, I suspect it was because of poor marketing and lack of dealer and customer education.

HD-Connect overhead costs to Harley have to be per-subscriber - the subscriber signs up and Harley enables the cell phone and incurs overhead. If Harley was foolish enough to guarantee a high number of subscribers without experience, they should eat that expense, market the hell out of it and raise the subscription price if needed.

Did this affect me personally? No, because I passed on the purchase of a new 2020 bike after I learned about this fiasco. I'll keep my 2016 CVO Streetglide forever.

Glenncarp

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 02:08:54 PM »

I sent a letter to Jochen Zeitz, Harley CEO, regarding how upset I was that HD-Connect has been discontinued. I didn't receive a letter in response. Instead I received a call from the Heaven Hotline aka Harley Customer Support and I vented for about 5 minutes. My main emphasis to both Jochen and the support rep who phoned, was that Harley can no longer be trusted. Case in point: HD-Connect - introduce and promote the feature on the 2020 high end touring models and then de-commit before the model year has ended.

If HD-Connect subscriber rates were low, I suspect it was because of poor marketing and lack of dealer and customer education.

HD-Connect overhead costs to Harley have to be per-subscriber - the subscriber signs up and Harley enables the cell phone and incurs overhead. If Harley was foolish enough to guarantee a high number of subscribers without experience, they should eat that expense, market the hell out of it and raise the subscription price if needed.

Did this affect me personally? No, because I passed on the purchase of a new 2020 bike after I learned about this fiasco. I'll keep my 2016 CVO Streetglide forever.

"I'll keep my 2016 CVO Streetglide forever." Lol. I said that about my 2004, 2011 and 2016!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.