Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New (to me anyway) GPS snafus  (Read 495 times)

Glenncarp

New (to me anyway) GPS snafus
« on: July 13, 2020, 07:54:31 AM »

I have second to last update installed, the one that introduced Android Auto. After reading the issues with last update, I decided not to bother.

Planned a 120 mile ride on HD ride planner, used phone app to send to bike. Trip showed up as 5 on bike, so HD Ride planner appeared to have used waypoints as destinations and made 5 separate rides. I downloaded GPX file and imported...Same issue. 11 PM, created ride all over again and made sure waypoints were just that....waypoints.

Send route to bike through app, opened it this time 1 ride. Next day, start route, only 3 of 5 waypoints listed and ride stops at 3rd waypoint. Good thing I studied route so I could sort of remember the important turns.

Instead of HD announcing all of the plans moving forward with poetic, sick wording, why not read this forum and first fix what you have botched for the last 5 years? So frustrated with this company and all of our wasted time trying to find work arounds for  their garbage.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 07:56:09 AM by Glenncarp »

spence

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2020 CVO Limited
Re: New (to me anyway) GPS snafus
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 08:04:37 AM »

I had similar problems when sending route from phone app to bike, luckily I remembered the rest of the route.  Now Im back to using my usb stick to import them.  There are a lot f issues with the new GPS, the one on my 2016 CVO worked great, wish they would have kept that one.

Glenncarp

Re: New (to me anyway) GPS snafus
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 08:13:47 AM »

I had similar problems when sending route from phone app to bike, luckily I remembered the rest of the route.  Now Im back to using my usb stick to import them.  There are a lot f issues with the new GPS, the one on my 2016 CVO worked great, wish they would have kept that one.

I only used app to send 2nd route, I will go back in time and use USB for the time being, thanks for tip

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.