Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 CVO Limited with Boom GT - Only half of speakers working  (Read 472 times)

kwaropay

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Hi,

I just upgraded to a used 2014 CVO Limited with the Boom GT radio.  I noticed that the right front speaker and the Left rear speaker only have a bass sound.  The other two speakers sound fine where you can hear all the music including voice.  My friend confirmed I was not crazy.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm wonderig if some kind of a reset might fix this, a software update, or if I have a larger issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2014 CVO Limited with Boom GT - Only half of speakers working
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 06:07:28 AM »

Sounds like a bad amp. Switch the rear speakers side to side and see if the is still the same. If the trouble follows the speaker, it's the speaker. If it doesn't, it's either the amp or head unit. Would be a good time to upgrade the amp and speakers.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 08:44:29 AM »

I need a quick refresher course on the speakers used on this model.  Are they single cone full range speakers, or do they have a separate tweeter?  If they have a separate tweeter, take a look at the speakers themselves for an issue in sending the mid and high range to the tweeter (integral crossover and wiring).  There is only a two wire connection coming from the head unit and amp, if the speaker is playing low notes only, it appears it's getting a signal from the head unit and amp.  :nixweiss:  As OBB mentioned, try swapping the speakers side to side and see if the problem follows the speakers.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

kwaropay

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 11:39:20 AM »

Thanks OBB and Jerry! I’ll try switching the rear speakers.

I took the speaker grille cover off and it does look like it has a Tweeter.

Kevin

kwaropay

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 11:52:10 AM »

Well, that only took 5 minutes. Phew!  However, When I switched the rear speakers, the other speaker works. So, it looks like the issue is not with speakers.

I’m gonna try to update the radio (if it’s not already up to date) and reset it today. Wish me luck.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.