Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: XM Vs. Sirius  (Read 14605 times)

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: XM Vs. Sirius
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 05:11:53 PM »

Could someone with XM tell me which channel is like Buzzsaw or Octane. I listened to XM in my truck and just can't find anything close to those.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 05:48:22 PM »

Could someone with XM tell me which channel is like Buzzsaw or Octane. I listened to XM in my truck and just can't find anything close to those.
Try Channel 54 what Channels numbers  are the ones you are talking about?  :-*

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »

buzzsaw is 19
octane is 20
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 01:09:49 AM »

I had XM for a year and switched to sirius 11 months ago. I like the channel selections better, besides I never listen to baseball, but I do listen to NFL and college football. Maybe Opie and Anthony will move to sirius as well.

Well I decided to go with Sirius for the very same reason as SOKOOLJ, I have an XM radio in my Hummer and a Sirius in the motorhome. I fugured it really won't matter if they merge, but until they do :nixweiss: Thanks to all that voted

Don............

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »

While I can tolerate XM, it is a bit weird for me.  I end up changing channels alot between 46 & 49, since thye play something really good on one occasion and then play something equivalent to the B side of a 45 the next..........songs I've never heard.  Sirius channel 14 is pretty much locked down in my truck and in the garage.  Renea is the only one who changes it, and when she does, she plays channel 7, which I also like, but not my first choice.  In my opinion, Sirius is way better........as far as programming.  I haven't noticed, nor do I care, about differences in quality.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 07:56:52 AM »

I always side with the original - Coke vs (the P word), HD vs anyone, and the like. Ever notice how much money the newcomer spends on saying they are better than the original, and how the original never mentions the newcomer?

Anyway, if you are looking for a clear winner in the satellite radio war, just ask yourself, are you a Martha Stewart kind a guy?
I hate that Beatch!  :soapbox:  :sauer021: :sauer055: :devil: :puke:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 10:44:19 AM »

I agree with Reggab. I drove my truck with XM to Georgia last weekend and was constantly changing channels. Sirius has a better mix. The boss agreed so I know i'm right.  Happy Fathers Day to everybody also.

Bigdog

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »

I always side with the original - Coke vs (the P word), HD vs anyone, and the like. Ever notice how much money the newcomer spends on saying they are better than the original, and how the original never mentions the newcomer?

Anyway, if you are looking for a clear winner in the satellite radio war, just ask yourself, are you a Martha Stewart kind a guy?
I hate that Beatch!  :soapbox:  :sauer021: :sauer055: :devil: :puke:

She is on satellite radio?  Blech!  People are paying money to listen to HER?   :soapbox:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 08:13:13 PM »

I now this is a little old, but I did a search of XM vs Sirius and found this. But my question was more would you install the MoCo XM over the Sirius where I have to add a bag to carry it in and be able to see and change channels and remove it at night at hotels? I'm wanting to add this to My 07 FLHTCI that I primarily travel on.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 08:15:40 PM by mhjimh »

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 09:06:35 PM »

I have xm on my bike because it came w/it, if it didn't I would get an xm Inno or a sirius Stilletto. If you like talk radio you can record and store 50-100 hrs (depending on unit) and skip all the ads. Also you can bring into a car or your home w/out having to buy additional radios and subscriptions. It is nice being able to use handlebar controls, but I only listen to a couple of stations anyway so I just use the presets. Besides the HD radio, I also have an xm Pioneer Inno for true commercial(skip) free Ron&Fez, O&A and 'lil Jimmy Norton.       If you're thinkin about getting a portable unit check out myradiostore.com       they have some pretty good deals there.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 08:17:06 PM »

Well I'm a little disappointed right now. I purchased the Sportster 4 model Sirius radio at the first part of November. We bought the bike mount for it from sirius which comes with everything you need to hook it up and it's pretty neat thing. It was working great. I had a friend install in my convertible as well and we placed the antenna on the trunk as Sirius says too in their instructions for a convertible. I was really excited about it and it worked great until last weekend. We were on our way back from Charleston on Sunday and when we powered it up all it would say is "acquiring signal" , it never acquired the signal. It was cloudy and rainy that day but I thought it has to be more powerful than that, it should get through the clouds just fine. Well Monday morning I tried it and still the same thing "acquiring signal". Then on the way to work my car dies and has to be towed (nothing to do with the radio though)! I had to have it towed. But anyway, when I got the car back today, all I got on the radio was the Sirius splash screen and nothing else. Now I'm thinking something has got to be wrong with this radio. When I get home I hook it up to the bike and the same darn thing. I called Sirius and they said they have seen this before where the unit will loose is EIN to the satellite and there's no way to get it back, they have to send me a new radio. Now, I've only had this unit up and running for 1 month! They are sending me a new unit and I'll send the old one back. I guess the EIN is basically it's identification with the satellites, once it's gone there's no going back. My luck they will send me a refurbished one.

I do love the service because our stations around here just suck and it is great on the bike and pretty much works everywhere.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 08:46:35 PM »

XM has Bluesville....Sirius does not.  Sirius has Howard Stern....XM does not.

The new BMW came with Sirius however, we took it down a week later and had XM installed.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 08:48:43 PM »

XM has Bluesville....Sirius does not.  Sirius has Howard Stern....XM does not.

The new BMW came with Sirius however, we took it down a week later and had XM installed.

XM has the Led Zeppelin Channel and Deep Tracks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »

XM has the Led Zeppelin Channel and Deep Tracks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Sirius has Classic Vinyl!   :2vrolijk_21: 

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 09:29:35 PM »

Sirius has Classic Vinyl!   :2vrolijk_21: 
Thought there was a XM/Sirius merger on the horizon?  :confused5:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.