Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Cell Phone Tracking and Location Ident  (Read 4775 times)

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
Re: Cell Phone Tracking and Location Ident
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 10:41:53 PM »

Go to Settings & Tools...Then Phone settings...then Location..then select E911 only!  You can also do it online I believe.

However, if you are somewhere other than your home location you'll have to turn it on briefly to let the Server no where you are to use the NAV function.
Unapologetically American!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 11:32:25 AM »

Thought E911 was so when you called 911 they could pinpoint your location and 'location' option was just the opposite - someone could call you and tell where your phone was located.  According to cust svsc agent at Verizon I spoke to this is correct and only law enforcement can use that option.  She said folks called in all the time wanting Verizon to 'locate their phone' but they could not, only leo.

If anyone else got different info please post.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »

Thought E911 was so when you called 911 they could pinpoint your location and 'location' option was just the opposite - someone could call you and tell where your phone was located.  According to cust svsc agent at Verizon I spoke to this is correct and only law enforcement can use that option.  She said folks called in all the time wanting Verizon to 'locate their phone' but they could not, only leo.

If anyone else got different info please post.

Ultra,
You are correct.  Due to privacy, you cannot simply call up your provider and ask to locate, say, your spouse and find out where she is.  There are tracking services that you can purchase, and are touted as great ways to keep tabs of your kids at night.  But those are separate from the geolocation service provided by your phone.  The only option you have is to turn the feature off, except for 911.  That feature always remains on. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

TORKER07

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 01:20:39 AM »

Don't worry about the cell phone if you have the new GPS Radio in your new CVO bike. You are probably already being tracked. Insurance for HD in case you don't make a payment, can you say REPO?
 :oops:

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 02:56:17 AM »

Ultra,
You are correct.  Due to privacy, you cannot simply call up your provider and ask to locate, say, your spouse and find out where she is.  There are tracking services that you can purchase, and are touted as great ways to keep tabs of your kids at night.   But those are separate from the geolocation service provided by your phone.  The only option you have is to turn the feature off, except for 911.  That feature always remains on. 

My nephew who is a detective was telling me about a program that you can get, GPS tracking to where you can see which house that your kids have gone into and for how long.  Kinda cool the software / phone that he was talking about was  http://www.guardianangeltech.com/tracking.php  Just hope the boss don't find out about this that might be bad!   ;D

~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »

My nephew who is a detective was telling me about a program that you can get, GPS tracking to where you can see which house that your kids have gone into and for how long.  Kinda cool the software / phone that he was talking about was  http://www.guardianangeltech.com/tracking.php  Just hope the boss don't find out about this that might be bad!   ;D

~bubba~

You got that right Bubba!!  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »

i have heard that a cellphone that is turned on can be used as a bug? removing the battery is the only sure way to prevent this. scary.

the tracking feature of a cell gps is available to the public but requires special software.

oneday newborns will have chips implanted at birth.

TN

you have been watching to many "24"  episodes
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 10:52:30 PM »

911 can locate your phone anytime they want to. Unless you remove the battery.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.