Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Improved LoJack now has Early Warning Recovery System!  (Read 8757 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Improved LoJack now has Early Warning Recovery System!
« on: March 07, 2008, 04:14:05 PM »

For those of you considering upgrading your security/recovery methods for your bikes, you may want to look at the new LoJack system.
It is still the vehicle recovery system as before but they have now added a "Early Warning Recovery System." This part consists of a small football shaped key fob that is tied into the bike when you ride. If the fob is not near the bike and the bike is moved LoJack is notified and they will call your cellphone,homephone and send an email or text message to warn you that your bike is being moved. To start the tracking you will still notify the local police and they will locate your bike.(hopefully)
One advantage to this system is that you do not need to be near the bike to get a call about your bike being moved. Most audible pager systems only notify you if you are within 1/2 mile or so.
This new system is about $100 more than the old LoJack. I don't know if you can upgrade an older LoJack or not.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Improved LoJack now has Early Warning Recovery System!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »

For those of you considering upgrading your security/recovery methods for your bikes, you may want to look at the new LoJack system.
It is still the vehicle recovery system as before but they have now added a "Early Warning Recovery System." This part consists of a small football shaped key fob that is tied into the bike when you ride. If the fob is not near the bike and the bike is moved LoJack is notified and they will call your cellphone,homephone and send an email or text message to warn you that your bike is being moved. To start the tracking you will still notify the local police and they will locate your bike.(hopefully)
One advantage to this system is that you do not need to be near the bike to get a call about your bike being moved. Most audible pager systems only notify you if you are within 1/2 mile or so.
This new system is about $100 more than the old LoJack. I don't know if you can upgrade an older LoJack or not.

I was wondering when they would finally add that option to the motorcycle version.  My wife's 2004 car has LoJack and the Early Warning Recovery System, except it's a retangular fob instead of a football shaped one.  It works very well.  I dropped her car off for service and gave them the valet key, forgetting about the Early Warning device.  When they started the car up to move it into the bay, I got an email and a call on my cell phone stating that the car had been moved and for me to check if I didn't know about it.   Pretty neat.   :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:47:38 PM »

Just got a letter from Lojack that my bike has been ramdomly selected for a free quality control inspection to check out the install of my system. At my convienience, at my home or work.
Think Harley will ever offer that?  :huepfenlol2:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:47:54 AM »

Just got a letter from Lojack that my bike has been ramdomly selected for a free quality control inspection to check out the install of my system. At my convienience, at my home or work.
Think Harley will ever offer that?  :huepfenlol2:

Hell, they won't even offer a free quality control check of their 110 engines.  :'(  (That might suggest that they're admitting there's a problem.  :o )

2012 FLHXSE3

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »

I don't know if you can upgrade an older LoJack or not.

We have only had it for sale here since the EWS has been part of the install.

I checked and they can add EWS to an older system that does not have it.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 01:40:36 PM »

We have only had it for sale here since the EWS has been part of the install.

I checked and they can add EWS to an older system that does not have it.
Cool, thanks Rog...I think I'll add it to my SEUC then...that's one of the things I specifically asked when I had LoJack installed on my ride, but it wasn't available for motorcycles at that time.  I'll talk to my dealer about getting the EWS put on.

2012 FLHXSE3

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 03:39:43 PM »

Cool, thanks Rog...I think I'll add it to my SEUC then...that's one of the things I specifically asked when I had LoJack installed on my ride, but it wasn't available for motorcycles at that time.  I'll talk to my dealer about getting the EWS put on.

Mmmm, good point, I wonder if my guy asked specifically about the motorcycle application, I'll double check, he's off today so you may find out sooner.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »

Mmmm, good point, I wonder if my guy asked specifically about the motorcycle application, I'll double check, he's off today so you may find out sooner.

Rog,
I called LoJack and it can be back-fitted.  They can't provide a price as they said that would have to be discussed with the installing dealership.  I've got a call into my dealership to find out what the cost will be to have it retro-fitted to my SEUC.  So I'm pleased that it can be added.

2012 FLHXSE3

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »

Rog,
I called LoJack and it can be back-fitted.  They can't provide a price as they said that would have to be discussed with the installing dealership.  I've got a call into my dealership to find out what the cost will be to have it retro-fitted to my SEUC.  So I'm pleased that it can be added.

Great, thanks for confirming.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 01:13:41 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what did the LoJack system cost? Is there a monthly fee?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what did the LoJack system cost? Is there a monthly fee?

AJ,
You got me on that one...I want to say it was around $900 for the unit, but not positive.  I'm expecting the addition of the EWS will set me back another $300 installed, but haven't heard back from the dealership yet.   There isn't any monthly fee after the initial cost of the unit.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 02:28:20 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »

AJ,
You got me on that one...I want to say it was around $900 for the unit, but not positive.  I'm expecting the addition of the EWS will set me back another $300 installed, but haven't heard back from the dealership yet.   There isn't any monthly fee after the initial cost of the unit.

Lojack is sold through authorized dealers.  There is no published MSRP.

If you look at it from the standard markup of parts in the auto industry the price would be around $995.00 for an install.  This includes early warning and the insurance that pays $2k if the car is stolen and not recovered.

The add on for the Early Warning to and existing system should run in the $250.00 range to $300.00.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »

Lojack came installed on my CVO-- It Depends where you are buying (Dealer Location) Most in the "High Crime" Areas include Lojack built into the MSRP.

I bought mine from http://www.hdofdanbury.com/ close enough to NYC & NJ to be considered High Crime :)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36:44 PM »

I'm checking to see if I can sell it anywhere, if I can I will offer it at a CVO Harley price.

They'll come to you and install, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I just need to make sure I can sell out of my home area.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 08:17:09 PM »

Rog,
That would be great if you can do that.   :2vrolijk_21:  Let us know what you find out.

2012 FLHXSE3

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »

Lojack is sold through authorized dealers.  There is no published MSRP.

If you look at it from the standard markup of parts in the auto industry the price would be around $995.00 for an install.  This includes early warning and the insurance that pays $2k if the car is stolen and not recovered.

The add on for the Early Warning to and existing system should run in the $250.00 range to $300.00.

I guess that's the reason I never persued it, I never knew the cost. I had asked before and even gotten company literature but no one ever gave me  a price.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 12:09:20 PM »

Sorry for the delay getting back to those interested in prices on the Lojack system.
My dealer/installer charges $695 for the improved lojack. Then $100 for a lifetime warranty on the lojack which covers lojack battery replacement if ever needed.
Labor to install the Lojack is for two hours ($158 total) but I had an internet coupon from the dealer that made the labor charge $79.
So about $900 total cost to me.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 02:09:13 PM »

Our LoJack rep is checking on the motorcycle costs and double checking that I can sell it anywhere in the coverage areas of the USA.

I should have an answer and if positive I will post a link here which will have the Vendor thread link as I will establish a Vendor post with pricing installed.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 09:31:49 AM »

I'm checking to see if I can sell it anywhere, if I can I will offer it at a CVO Harley price.
They'll come to you and install, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I just need to make sure I can sell out of my home area.

The thing that has held me back is all the cryptic info you get - no set price, no info on the installs etc. Personally I don't want a stranger putting anything on my bike without me knowing how it is done. For years I've seen to many installs of accessories where wires are just cut, harnesses ripped open, taps just squeezed into the wires, usually cutting a few strands as they are installed and breaking the insulation allowing a future point for corrosion.

Ever look under the dash after having a remote start installed?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 10:14:28 AM »

The thing that has held me back is all the cryptic info you get - no set price, no info on the installs etc. Personally I don't want a stranger putting anything on my bike without me knowing how it is done. For years I've seen to many installs of accessories where wires are just cut, harnesses ripped open, taps just squeezed into the wires, usually cutting a few strands as they are installed and breaking the insulation allowing a future point for corrosion.

Ever look under the dash after having a remote start installed?

That is a concern.  I believe as Lojack controls the installers they have good control on them.

We do a large number of Porsche installs and have not had any issues to date with them concerning Lojack.

We have however had major issues with radio, phone and rader detection installers over the years that customers have used.  They seem to often not have the training needed for proper electrical installation.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 11:04:10 AM »

Your dealing with a different class of vehicles Roger, and no doubt the majority of the people would have a higher level of "analizm" (if that is not a word I claim it now). And if not, they shouldn't be working on the high end cars.

My experience is with the local highway retailers (horrible install on my wife's Avalon XLS) and through the various Chrysler dealers I worked for over the years. Some techs (loose term) just have no pride in what they do.

Some techs care too much, which is why I seldom clocked more the 35-40 hours.

Ever watch the radio installers at a Best Buy etc?

MV 2013

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 11:12:40 AM »

Your dealing with a different class of vehicles Roger, and no doubt the majority of the people would have a higher level of "analizm" (if that is not a word I claim it now). And if not, they shouldn't be working on the high end cars.

My experience is with the local highway retailers (horrible install on my wife's Avalon XLS) and through the various Chrysler dealers I worked for over the years. Some techs (loose term) just have no pride in what they do.

Some techs care too much, which is why I seldom clocked more the 35-40 hours.

Ever watch the radio installers at a Best Buy etc?

Yep, not naming names but thems the ones..............

NukeIT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 05:36:47 PM »

Our LoJack rep is checking on the motorcycle costs and double checking that I can sell it anywhere in the coverage areas of the USA.

I should have an answer and if positive I will post a link here which will have the Vendor thread link as I will establish a Vendor post with pricing installed.

Any word on a "CVO" deal on the lojack?
"It's not a bike, It's a lifestyle!"

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 06:50:46 PM »

Any word on a "CVO" deal on the lojack?

Sorry I didn't get back to post this sooner.

After checking with our Lojack contact they explained the motorcycle units are sold through motorcycle dealers/installers only.

So I won't be able to do anything involving the bikes at this time.

Roger

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 08:59:26 PM »

Wonder if we can get the LoJack units through somewhere like Chicago Harley or via Jenni, etc. at a discount and then we get the install done elsewhere? Perhaps the install must be 'certified' prior to them providing coverage to the newly installed unit?  :nixweiss:

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

NukeIT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »

Wonder if we can get the LoJack units through somewhere like Chicago Harley or via Jenni, etc. at a discount and then we get the install done elsewhere? Perhaps the install must be 'certified' prior to them providing coverage to the newly installed unit?  :nixweiss:

with how secretive they are about where they install them and how. somehow I doubt that they will just sell them in the box, but hey it never hurt to ask.
"It's not a bike, It's a lifestyle!"

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 12:41:15 AM »

with how secretive they are about where they install them and how.

As I said before , I would just assume do it my self.

There are many here that never lift a wrench and are happy letting others do the work for them. And then there are many here that do all of the work to their bikes.

Knowing how most installers "install" accessories is good enough reason for me to not have someone else do it.

They could leave off the guarantee and allow me to do my own install and I'd be satisfied.

Besides, just how many places can you hide stuff on a motorcycle?

MV 2013

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 06:00:39 PM »

As I said before , I would just assume do it my self.

There are many here that never lift a wrench and are happy letting others do the work for them. And then there are many here that do all of the work to their bikes.

Knowing how most installers "install" accessories is good enough reason for me to not have someone else do it.

They could leave off the guarantee and allow me to do my own install and I'd be satisfied.

Besides, just how many places can you hide stuff on a motorcycle?

Unfortunately, LoJack will not let you install the device on your own.  They won't even tell the owner where the device it placed on the bike or car.  Not sure why it matters that the owner can't install his/her own, but that's the way it is.  I guess because the dealers can charge their own price, as I found out when I called LoJack to find out what the new EWS cost for a motorcycle.  So if you bought the unit yourself, you'd really find out how much they cost and how much the dealer is charging extra to install it.   :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »

Unfortunately, LoJack will not let you install the device on your own.  They won't even tell the owner where the device it placed on the bike or car.  Not sure why it matters that the owner can't install his/her own, but that's the way it is.  I guess because the dealers can charge their own price, as I found out when I called LoJack to find out what the new EWS cost for a motorcycle.  So if you bought the unit yourself, you'd really find out how much they cost and how much the dealer is charging extra to install it.   :nixweiss:

How hard would it be to find it on a bike? Especially a non-bagger.

Last thing I will let someone do is put a bunch of crimp on wiretaps on the bike. So, it looks like I will probably never have one. Unless it is a plug & play installation.

And if it came down to that, I'm sure I would figure out where it is installed  ;D

MV 2013

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »

How hard would it be to find it on a bike? Especially a non-bagger.

Last thing I will let someone do is put a bunch of crimp on wiretaps on the bike. So, it looks like I will probably never have one. Unless it is a plug & play installation.

And if it came down to that, I'm sure I would figure out where it is installed  ;D
Rog could probably answer more about if it's plug 'n play, but I seriously doubt if it is.  I don't know my bike inside-out like some of you guys do, so I'd probably not recognize it if I saw it, and I doubt that it says LoJack on it anywhere.   ::)

2012 FLHXSE3

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »

Rog could probably answer more about if it's plug 'n play, but I seriously doubt if it is.  I don't know my bike inside-out like some of you guys do, so I'd probably not recognize it if I saw it, and I doubt that it says LoJack on it anywhere.   ::)

No idea what the setup is.  As stated here earlier, the do the install and no one at the dealership is involved.  Most of the time we just add the $35.00 for offsite install and they come to your home or office.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 21 queries.