Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: best sound system for the money  (Read 2487 times)

T bone

• Junior CVO Member
best sound system for the money
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:47:41 PM »

Hello again!

I have an 06 CVO Ultra Classic Sreamin Eagle with the Harmon stereo and amp under the seat. Has anyone upgraded to Hogg Tunes speakers and do they really make a difference. Also, has anyone upgraded to "Hogg wired (amp and speakers in the fairing and get rid of amp under seat)...and is this that much better. Is there a better sounding system than Hogg Wired?..I want this sound system to absolutely rock!

Many thanks! Larry

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: best sound system for the money
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »

Hello again!

I have an 06 CVO Ultra Classic Sreamin Eagle with the Harmon stereo and amp under the seat. Has anyone upgraded to Hogg Tunes speakers and do they really make a difference. Also, has anyone upgraded to "Hogg wired (amp and speakers in the fairing and get rid of amp under seat)...and is this that much better. Is there a better sounding system than Hogg Wired?..I want this sound system to absolutely rock!

Many thanks! Larry

I would suggest you talk with hd-dude (Jim) here on the site.  He is a dealer and will give a discount to members here.  If you want a full blown system, get out your wallet.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »

Hello again!

Many thanks! Larry

T space bone

Has anyone upgraded to Hogg Tunes speakers and do they really make a difference
Yes we have and they make a difference. But if you want the best then read below.

Also, has anyone upgraded to "Hogg wired (amp and speakers in the fairing and get rid of amp under seat)...and is this that much better.
It's HAWG WIRED and the answer is not yes, it's HELL yes.

Is there a better sounding system than Hogg Wired?..I want this sound system to absolutely rock!
I'm sure there is if you want to spend 5 to 10K or more but IMHO there is no better complete system than the HAWG WIRED.

I want this sound system to absolutely rock!
Use the search engine on this site and look up HAWG WIRED. Hundreds of post singing praises about the systems.
When your done searching, PM hd-dude and he will help you.
There is no better service than what he gives!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 06:48:09 PM »

Do as S/B stated and don't look back.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:08:34 PM »

Unless the amount of coin you want to spend is a major consideration, don't even dork with just replacing the speakers with Hog Tunes, get the Hawg Wired system from the get-go.  I just upgraded . . . . . . uh, no, that's UPGRADED my SEEG from Hog Tunes to Hawg Wired components this weekend.  No comparison in volume and sound quality.  None whatsoever.  The Hawg Wired Direct Connect amp and CX speakers are a GIANT leap from the stock amp and Hog Tunes speakers.

No need to search, the 4 replies to your question here are all the info. you need.  Well, almost.  Here's a link to hd-dude's profile so you can get started sending that PM. :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=619

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:30:48 PM »

They are all right. Hawg wired is the way to go. The best part is if you need instalation help Jim is MORE than just helpfull in walking you through the inst. Go with the 300w kit and the cx speakers in the lowers too! If you are a tech geek check out the specs between the Hawg Wired and Hog tunes. The THD on the Hawg wired is .005% @70w, Hog tunes does not list specs any more but I believe they are .10% @ 70W, Stockers are 10.0% @70W. There is a lot more tech info but that about says it all. Hawg Wired is alot of $$$ up front, but you won't regret it. Inst. is time consuming, but easy, and you learn a whole lot in the process.

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:54:12 PM »

I went the Hog Tunes speaker route first. Then a year later I went the Hawg Wired with 4 of their speakers. I can honestly say I should have done the Hawg Wired first. I can turn the thing up too loud now. IF you can afford it, it will save you money in the long run. I was able to sell my HOG tune speakers though so that helped some.

I got mine from Jim and he installed it as well. The only thing I changed was the gain setting. Jim set it pretty conservative and a fair number of my mp3's were too low in volume. I turn it up a bit and now it's great.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:56:23 PM by coyotedata »

T bone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »

Thanks all..and just to be clear..some of you are referring to stock deck and speakers..I have the Harmon Kardon setup that comes with the 06 cvo...so again, on a scale of 1-10 as far as clarity, bass, mid and CLEAR BEAUTIFUL, BOSE LIKE VOLLUME, what would you rate the HK I have and what rating would you give the Hawg wired system?..and finally...what's this coing to cost me?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »

Thanks all..and just to be clear..some of you are referring to stock deck and speakers..I have the Harmon Kardon setup that comes with the 06 cvo...so again, on a scale of 1-10 as far as clarity, bass, mid and CLEAR BEAUTIFUL, BOSE LIKE VOLLUME, what would you rate the HK I have and what rating would you give the Hawg wired system?..and finally...what's this coing to cost me?

Bose like quality?  On a bike?  Not possible...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 11:41:12 PM »

Well these guys have pretty well summed it up :2vrolijk_21: The system works well and you will be happy with the improvements over the stock setup.

I'll PM you my numbers if you'd like to discuss it.

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 12:00:42 AM »

Like you have already heard, on a bike, you will not get a Bose like system. The bass just floats away on the bike. But you can get a good system that you can hear on the road. HD-Dude can help you with the Hawg Wired. Having tried it, it's all I recommend now. I wasted some $$$... don't want my friends to do the same. (Jim, my bud Scott has you on the list for his next upgrade)...  ;)

T bone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 02:04:24 PM »

HD-dude...yes, please pm me your numbers so that we can chat about the Hawg wired system further!

regards; Larry

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 05:58:49 PM »

HD-dude...yes, please pm me your numbers so that we can chat about the Hawg wired system further!

regards; Larry

Already done!

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.