Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zumo/2WT/Hawg Wired Wiring Help Needed!  (Read 3886 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Zumo/2WT/Hawg Wired Wiring Help Needed!
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:30:47 PM »

Anyone know a good place to get the Low Level Audio Output Cables w/jacks, that goes from the Zumo's Audio Output to the Amp's input. The Front amp came with the cable. But I need this for the rear Hawg Wired Amp.

These are the cables I need:
-About an 8 foot length from the Zumo to the TP
-About a 2 foot length on the Amp in the KTP
-Some type of coupling connector to connect the 2' piece with the 8' piece. I guess 1 of the above cables can be Male to Female, and that would eliminate the coupling connector. That's my detachable point for the Audio Signal Wire.
-An Audio Output Connection Splitter, providing 2 Audio Output jack connections for the amps from the 1 output jack connection on the Zumo.

This should take care of everything I'm missing. I think I have everything else covered. TIA for any help on finding this stuff! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:37:52 AM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Zumo/2WT/Hawg Wired Wiring Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:46:24 PM »

You might try The Sound Professionals this is where I got the cable for my Zumo. Only thing the one I got the longest it comes in is 2 meters.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:12:05 PM »

I guess I can't quite tell what you're after but anything you need cable and connector wise is here www.digikey.com

I hope you expound a bit as I am interested in what you're trying to do. I have the 4 chnl HW system and a Zumo as well.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:35:37 PM »

I guess I can't quite tell what you're after but anything you need cable and connector wise is here www.digikey.com

I hope you expound a bit as I am interested in what you're trying to do. I have the 4 chnl HW system and a Zumo as well.

Thanks for the link cd! I'll check it out! :2vrolijk_21:

The 4 channel should be a bit easier. It probably only needs 1 Audio Input from the Zumo. I'm using 2 amps and need to split the signal from the Zumo. The rear setup will be in the TP w/the speakers and be detachable. Power wire the amps, Audio connection, and connect the speakers to the amps. You need a signal to turn the amps on. I'm wiring the Zumo and Front Amp to the Aux Switch, and wiring the rear Amp to a circuit on the bike that wiil turn on with the Ign Sw in the Acc position, as well as when running. Didn't determine that yet. That should do it. XM and MP3 from the Zumo is all the sound system I'll need! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 01:20:50 AM »

Didn't really see anything there. Searched around some more. I thought this would be easy to find.

I'm looking for Audiophile type quality cables, shielded, w/Gold jacks. Good quality chit. Clean clear transmission with no signal loss, and shielding from the bike's electrical system. Monster Cable didn't have it. Radio Shack had only a 6.6' length. Been Googling. No luck. Maybe I'm calling it the wrong type of cable. Anyone know the exact name of this cable?

Hey Jim, if ya see this, where can I get the cables I need for the HW amp to Zumo for the audio connection? :nixweiss:

Thanks
Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:27:31 AM by Hoist! »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:03 AM »

Gary, sorry, I missed your post. That site might have potential. Too late tonight to start studying it tonight now. I'll look it over tomorrow for sure. Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 07:53:39 AM »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »

And the d00dmeister does it again!!! :huepfenjump3:

The link Gary left has exactly what I needed. Double-shielded audiophile quality cables with gold ends, custom made to any length you want. Had a MxF made in 96" L, and a MxM made in 36" L. There's your detachable point. They are also custom making a super short single M x dual female adapter to connect both amps to the Zumo. Sound Professionals was definitely the place for this stuff! :jalapeno:

Thanks d00d!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:56:23 AM »

Glad it worked out. They have quality products and I thought they might be able to help you w/some custom stuff. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:05:20 AM »

Glad it worked out. They have quality products and I thought they might be able to help you w/some custom stuff. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

They sure did Gary. They had a Tech call me back promptly to discuss my requirements. He was really helpful and walked me thru the whole order. Great customer service for only a $70 order. Some companies oughta take lessons from these guys! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.