Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flip screen radio for FLHT  (Read 1117 times)

hogasm

Flip screen radio for FLHT
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:53:43 AM »

Remember seeing someones bike in Nelson last year with a flip screen radio installed. Their bike had been modified to fit this and many other extras...

I have been looking at a Jensen VM9311TS flip screen radio that has many extras. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GlajYPeIYLs/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=110VM9311T

Is there a way to connect this unit so the handle bar controls will work :nixweiss:

Will the unit clear the front of the fairing without modifications to the mount :nixweiss:

Is there a better unit that someone has installed, Like a Sony, that definitely has a wiring harness that makes the hand controls work :nixweiss:

ps...if possible I would like an aux jack that will allow input from another source to be viewed on the screen.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Flip screen radio for FLHT
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:07:16 AM »

Remember seeing someones bike in Nelson last year with a flip screen radio installed. Their bike had been modified to fit this and many other extras...

I have been looking at a Jensen VM9311TS flip screen radio that has many extras. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GlajYPeIYLs/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=110VM9311T

Is there a way to connect this unit so the handle bar controls will work :nixweiss:

Will the unit clear the front of the fairing without modifications to the mount :nixweiss:

Is there a better unit that someone has installed, Like a Sony, that definitely has a wiring harness that makes the hand controls work :nixweiss:

ps...if possible I would like an aux jack that will allow input from another source to be viewed on the screen.

Puzzled had one in his RG.

:indian_chief:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Flip screen radio for FLHT
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 11:38:37 AM »

Brian - whatever you look for I would definitely keep two items in mind.

1 - true iPod control. Even if you don't have one now you probably will if you like listening to music. There just isn't a better product on the market today. iPods are better then CD's, CD's with MP3's or MP3 players in general.

2 - an additional auxiliary input. This will be for your GPS audio. My GPS has XM in it, so that is piped to the radio.

Most radios that have a true iPod interface will also already have the 2nd auxiliary input.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.