Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: What's the best hidden antenna?  (Read 29138 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: What's the best hidden antenna?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »

It sure does...........Tom, go ahead and be the official testor for this one & report back.  The 'claims' are there for sure.  spyder

Unsubstantiated claims are a dime a dozen, especially in the Harley aftermarket.  The following claim is just a string of words that says nothing and proves absolutely nothing.   "It has been extensively tested and benchmarked and no other product tested comes close to its performance"    You could attach that statement to any ad for any product and it would carry just as much weight (none).

Let's see the actual test results, preferably from an independent testing organization and not something just cobbled up by the folks selling the product.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 11:56:29 AM »

Just hide the one you have, thats what I did.  I took the antenna of f the bracket and slid the antenna up through the frame and under the seat, one zip tie and done.  Took me about 10 minutes, and reception is the same as before. :2vrolijk_21:
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

hverbakel

• Full CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2001 Screamin Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 04:25:43 PM »

I like that idea, simple, cheap and effective.
06 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic
01 Screaming Eagle Roadglide

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2014, 07:37:14 AM »

Just hide the one you have, thats what I did.  I took the antenna of f the bracket and slid the antenna up through the frame and under the seat, one zip tie and done.  Took me about 10 minutes, and reception is the same as before. :2vrolijk_21:

You can actually remove one of the bolts holding the bracket, tilt it toward the front and then route the antenna along the frame and zip tie it as stated above.  Works well.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »

Just wondering, but how many people these days actually listen to AM/FM radio on/in their vehicles?  I'm guessing the percentage is falling rapidly with the availability of so many other choices like satellite or personal playlists from electronic devices.  As for CB, even over-the-road truckers don't use it as much these days.  If you want to talk to your riding buddies these days you can set up a simple conference call on your cell phones, and the sound quality will be better than CB.  For those who hang out on the AM talk stations, even those are available on satellite.  The only thing regular radio has going for it is the fact that it's free.  I'm just wondering how much longer it will be before AM/FM radio's disappear from vehicles, just like cigar lighters and ashtrays and hand crank windows in cars. :nixweiss: 

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 09:31:49 AM »

Just wondering, but how many people these days actually listen to AM/FM radio on/in their vehicles?  I'm guessing the percentage is falling rapidly with the availability of so many other choices like satellite or personal playlists from electronic devices.  As for CB, even over-the-road truckers don't use it as much these days.  If you want to talk to your riding buddies these days you can set up a simple conference call on your cell phones, and the sound quality will be better than CB.  For those who hang out on the AM talk stations, even those are available on satellite.  The only thing regular radio has going for it is the fact that it's free.  I'm just wondering how much longer it will be before AM/FM radio's disappear from vehicles, just like cigar lighters and ashtrays and hand crank windows in cars. :nixweiss: 

Jerry

'FREE' continues to be good.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »

Can you reverse the modification ie go back to the Ariel ?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »

Can you reverse the modification ie go back to the Ariel ?

Sure.  As long as a person installing a hidden antenna doesn't go nuts and cut the antenna cable off and throw away the antenna mounting hardware, it's very simple to disconnect the hidden antenna and reconnect the regular antenna.  And even if they did throw it all away, they can buy the parts and reinstall them.

Jerry

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »

Having had some hands on experience with both my impression has been the opposite.  On a couple of bikes have used one then the other back to back and got better results with the Tune Trapper product each time. 

Neither is as good as a full sized external antenna.  Between the two, however, I've seen noticeably better results with the Tune Trapper.  Enough so it is what's in my bike.

Excellent results on my Street Glide with the tune trapper, decent reception, Good Price and simple install

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »

Excellent results on my Street Glide with the tune trapper, decent reception, Good Price and simple install

Dartman I sent you an email regarding this...

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »

Per Pete at Soundz, no such thing. Hidden = no FM.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »

Per Pete at Soundz, no such thing. Hidden = no FM.

He's right. I just installed a tune trapper, CRAP just like the others.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 10:20:13 PM »

I have a tune trapper here.   Had in for one ride.  Piece of crap. I have the hd.   Better than most.  So I'm living with it.  I listen to the iPod or even pandora now,, 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:41:28 AM by cvostu »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »

I have a tune trapper here.   Had in for one ride.  Piece of crap. I have the hd.   Better than most.  So I'm living with it.  I listen to the iPod do even pandora now,,

I'm giving up on radio from now on it's ipod/cd player/app on phone

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 11:07:55 PM »

He's right. I just installed a tune trapper, CRAP just like the others.

Sorry Guys, My FM reception with tune trapper is fine, not sure what the problem might be, I don't think its geographic Twolane is in Mo and im in Mi and we both have had decent results.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:24:40 PM by dartman »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.556 seconds with 22 queries.