Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Techmount on FLHRSE4  (Read 3075 times)

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
Re: Techmount on FLHRSE4
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 01:36:27 AM »

Here's the quick change adapter with the Garmin cradle bolted up.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 01:42:44 AM »

Back of Quick change adapter.

Also, I don't know if these are available anymore but Belkin made these clear screen overlays for a Dell Axim pda and they are the exact size of the Zumo 550 screen. I believe the part number is f8d1700.
I had a bunch left over from trying to protect some other screen and they just happen to fit perfectly.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »

Here's pictures of my wiring.
The power connections I used are the spade connectors inside the your rh fork cover (as you sit on the bike) they are hot when the main switch is on or in acc. The other connectors needed to make up the zumo pigtail are available at Advanced Auto Parts or probably any good auto parts store.
I searched for power connection everywhere and nobody mentioned these easy connections.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 03:57:04 PM »

Connection on the bike.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 08:34:15 PM »

Santa came early and I've been playing.
I tried the bluetooth phone/directions thing with my Plantronics Voyager 510 bluetooth headset and it does work.
My buddy called me and said he could hear me fine except for the motorcycle noise. The lady giving directions will not let you miss a turn. Now I know what it would be like to be married. The only problem is the physical pain of having the headset under my Arai full face helmet. I must find a better solution.
I've been running GPS in automobiles off my laptop computers since 1999, but I must say that these little gems are much more user friendly and intuitive.

Here's the rest of my pics. take a look at blueantwireless.com. WE use the  interphone unit it is simple ant works well for directions from the Zumo. It will fit in fullface helmets no problem and hooks to cell phone to. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 08:43:59 PM »

Billy,
Is the battery replaceable? It looks nice.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.549 seconds with 24 queries.