Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stereo on your Deuce  (Read 3836 times)

SandS RESTOS

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 Cobalt Blue/Starlight Black
Stereo on your Deuce
« on: February 20, 2011, 04:43:42 PM »

I've been thinking about a stereo for the Deuce. Anyone have one installed on there bike they would recommend? The 3" speakers on the handle bars look kinda big and out of place. Pics? Help. Thanks!
Live to Ride, Ride to Live!!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Stereo on your Deuce
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 09:13:18 PM »

I've been thinking about a stereo for the Deuce. Anyone have one installed on there bike they would recommend? The 3" speakers on the handle bars look kinda big and out of place. Pics? Help. Thanks!
Go with an ipod with better ear buds.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

SandS RESTOS

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 07:10:43 PM »

I know your right. Iowa law won't permit head phones or ear buds in both ears. I can use one ear or the other but not both. Sucks. Plus I like to have use of all senses riding the bike. Ear buds take that away a bit. I can hide the wires & buds easy enough but not sure thats the way I want to ride & listen to music.

harleycharlie1992

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »

learn to sing alto...alto yourself!!  or solo....solo, we can't hear ya!!  or tenor....tenor fifteen miles away!!! thats all I got!!

SandS RESTOS

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 09:47:37 PM »

learn to sing alto...alto yourself!!  or solo....solo, we can't hear ya!!  or tenor....tenor fifteen miles away!!! thats all I got!!

Thanks man. LOL Good stuff. :guitarist: :drummer:

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:40 PM »

I struggled with it too but eventually realized that I just had to play the tunes through the buds low, so I could still hear the environment.  You'll hate youself for spending the dough to hang some god ugly stuff on your bike. If you want open air tunes, just get a SE Ultra for a second bike.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

SandS RESTOS

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 03:27:54 AM »

I struggled with it too but eventually realized that I just had to play the tunes through the buds low, so I could still hear the environment.  You'll hate youself for spending the dough to hang some god ugly stuff on your bike. If you want open air tunes, just get a SE Ultra for a second bike.

For now with whats out there I agree. Ride on Bro.  :dankk2:

harleycharlie1992

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »

your bike is too nice to hang that stuff on it, we suffer from lots of  creature comforts (not able to carry anything except on our backs!) to have our bikes look as good as good as possible, I have a bagger that I listen to the radio on (xm) so I miss the music when I ride the deuce, but then I remember how good it looks going down the road, Dude, You look GOOD going down the road!! 

SandS RESTOS

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »

I know your right charlie, "its pure sex." Words my friends said the first time they saw it!

Rebel913

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 02:57:04 AM »

I'm looking at putting a stereo on my Deuce as well but don't want to mount anything on my Carlini slickback handlebars.  What I've come up with is to relocate my turn signals to my forks (the Vrod has a bracket that bolts on to the back of the fork by the triple tree). Where my turnsignals once were, I will mount Pyle chrome speakers which are the bullet style and are a pretty close match the Kuryakyn mini-bullet l.e.d. turn signals I have.  As far as the amp, I'm thinking of putting it between the forks downtubes and having a chrome cover custom made to hide it (the system has a remote) or just put it in my saddlebag.  I'm turning my Deuce into a touring bike when I want to do a long-distance ride or go camping.  Have a custom saddlebag mount so I can put a set of ElectraGlide Ultra Classic hard saddlebags on and possibly a trailer hitch.  Next is to put a solo seat with a backrest, lose the funky stock backrest and worthless luggage rack. Will have a rack made that will go from the back of my solo seat almost to where the stock rack ends (by the tail light), and also attach sideplates and a sissybar for a T-bag.  Last thing will be a batwing type fairing.  There's a company in China that makes one for a Deuce, but I'll be danged if I'm going to send them $$$$.  Hell no!  Because I'm only 4'11" and vertically challenged on this big bike, I'm looking at the batwing fairing made for the Sportsters.  They're low profile so I should be able to see over it.  And, all I have to do is tweak the mounting bracket to fit on the Deuce and make sure there's no wobbling.  Only other fairing that I liked was Corbin's.  Kuryakin also has one, but it's pricey.  Been watching Ebay though.  Anyway, hopefully I can get the mods done in the next couple months; then I'll be good to go come summer.

Here's a picture with a few mods, but not the ones I listed above.  I did swap the Rhinehart signature pipes out as they were so long, they scraped on right turns.  They sounded awesome... but my V&H Short Shots work well.  I do have a spare set of Bassani sweepers (black powder coated for my '99 Sporty) that I want to modify to put on my Deuce.  I love the way they sound on my Sporty (they're so loud that I have to ride at the back of the group). 

I'm hoping to get some of the parts on this weekend - as a single gal and supporting my daughter and grandkids temporarily (ha!), money is tight and after I laid my scoot down a couple months ago, I've only been able to buy parts piece-meal.  I pretty much have everything, it's just finding someone to put them on that won't take me to the cleaners!  Hoping to do a solo ride to San Diego, CA from San Antonio, TX next month... IronButt or Bun Burner. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:26:45 PM by Rebel913 »

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »

Sounds very interesting, please keep us informed and post pictures as well!! :worthless:
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

HarleyRider2004

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 CVO Deuce
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »

The only thing I want to hear are my PIPES!    :2vrolijk_21:

SCREAMIN' EAGLE SOFTAIL DEUCE (FXSTDSE2)

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »

X2
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.